Holiday Inn, ORLANDO-INTL DRIVE RESORT

Old Jan 30, 07, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG RA, Marriott Gold
Holiday Inn, ORLANDO-INTL DRIVE RESORT

Did a search, but didn't see any threads on this property.

Check-in for one weekend night, paid $129 AAA rate for a king room, upgraded to executive King, perhaps just a much bigger with a sleeper sofa. No breakfast offered at executive level. Very slow elevators. Room is nice and clean, free Wi-fi, no traffic noise even for a highway facing room, comfortable bed for HI standards, but no hot water the next day. Spoke with the manager and was able to get 50% off of my rate.
Old Jan 31, 07, 10:53 pm
mkt

Programs: AA lt PLT; B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
That hotel is a piece... of something. I've stayed in their tower on most floors, and there is no noticeable difference between the executive and standard rooms. This was confirmed to me by a front desk agent, who told me that the executive rooms are just rooms that fall on floors alloted for PC members... with no difference in maintenance, housekeeping, room amenities, etc.

I prefer the HI at the Main Entrance to Universal Orlando on Kirkman Road. At least they upgrade me to suites whenever I stay there. And I love TGI Fridays, so to get points for having the 3 course dinner and a beer is a slice of heaven
Old Feb 1, 07, 4:40 pm
VIP

I actually stayed there last month. I wasn't impressed. The room seemed rather basic even by HI standards. There was also something odd: the TV was actually facing the space between the couch and the bed as it wasn't directly in front of either one.

The first problem I had was at checkin: they were fully booked, apparently, and my room wasn't ready. So I had to wait nearly an hour and a half (from 3:15 to 4:45) and deal with a very snotty receptionist.

Like mkt says, the one by Universal is a better hotel and they treat PC status better.
Old Feb 3, 07, 7:14 am
mkt

Programs: AA lt PLT; B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
ready for a shocker... the I-Drive property is an IHG Corporate Managed hotel.. so the staff issues are a shock to me.

However, it's a Felcor owned hotel, and Felcor is one of the stingiest hotel owners in existance.
Old Feb 3, 07, 7:52 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
The first problem I had was at checkin: they were fully booked, apparently, and my room wasn't ready. So I had to wait nearly an hour and a half (from 3:15 to 4:45) and deal with a very snotty receptionist.

Like mkt says, the one by Universal is a better hotel and they treat PC status better.
I had the same experience when I stayed there in October, except my wait was much longer, 3 hours, and I didn't care at all for the room in the tower. I'll never stay there again.

But then, I didn't like the HI by Universal either.
Old Feb 3, 07, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG RA, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by doctall41 View Post
I had the same experience when I stayed there in October, except my wait was much longer, 3 hours, and I didn't care at all for the room in the tower. I'll never stay there again.

But then, I didn't like the HI by Universal either.
If it weren't for the training course I was attending, I would not have booked here. I thought I can just wake up in the morning, go down to my class, and at the end of the day go back up to my room. I guess the next time I will book else where and drive.
Old Feb 4, 07, 7:39 am

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
My last stay here was a couple years ago, but I remember being annoyed by maintenance issues, which the staff did not seem to care about...overall just an average to below average stay...

SAS

Search this Thread
Search Engine: