Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

got ref. cert, states that i need to pay for RA but i am already AMB??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.

Shouldnt it be free since im amb.?? And it doesnt come with a PC nr. where i can write my account there.. only my name, phone number, royal ambassador payment mailing adress and email adress??? Now i followed the instructions which i got was to purchase amb. status then receive welcome kit and upgrade for free to royal amb. status, is this correct?

Thank you,
RH
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
You will be fine, just submit the certificate and write your PC club number on it.

Also, please answer this when you receive your package: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650757
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:26 am
Original Poster

OK will do, thank you for the quick reply So i dont need to write my credit card nr. right?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
I wouldn't bother.

If you are really worried, include a letter with all the details "I recieved this from a friend, my PC AMB number is #....., I understand I do not need to pay a further fee"..

Which is actually what I did, because I had the same concern as you.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
No need to provide any credit card information if you are currently Ambassador. Just make sure that your Ambassador membership is soon to expire since the RA membership year is the same as your Ambassador period.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jet2K
No need to provide any credit card information if you are currently Ambassador. Just make sure that your Ambassador membership is soon to expire since the RA membership year is the same as your Ambassador period.
i have just bought AMB status, which will expire on Feb. 29 2008. is it OK to send the ref. cert. right away?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Should not have any problem in sending the RA cert in.

However, you might want to wait until you received your Ambassador kit before sending the RA referral. You will receive another kit for your RA, and therefore have two BOGO cert and two 5000-point cert.

Originally Posted by thesimflyer
i have just bought AMB status, which will expire on Feb. 29 2008. is it OK to send the ref. cert. right away?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Absolutely! You will then get a full year of RA.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
I just renewed my Amb membership for another year, the online status now shows expiry date April 2008.

What's the best way now to deal with the RA certificate I recently got? Assuming that I receive the Amb membership kit at the end of feb/ beginning of march should I then send in the cert without delay or better wait? In mid April I have a couple of stays to come and they need up to 6 weeks to process the cert...

Naturally I want to make the most of my RA membership and hopefully they extend it to April 2008?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: Lots O Metal
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
I just renewed my Amb membership for another year, the online status now shows expiry date April 2008.

What's the best way now to deal with the RA certificate I recently got? Assuming that I receive the Amb membership kit at the end of feb/ beginning of march should I then send in the cert without delay or better wait? In mid April I have a couple of stays to come and they need up to 6 weeks to process the cert...

Naturally I want to make the most of my RA membership and hopefully they extend it to April 2008?
Your RA status should also show April 2008 when it processes. The Ambassador membership year seems to drive the RA year, so one would think this would be a very good time for you to send in the cert.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl

Send in the cert once you receive your Ambassador kit. Then you will receive an RA kit with another 5K points and BOGO. Your RA status will be good through April 2008, since that's when your Ambassador membership expires
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
That's great - thanks so much for your help, FL350 and MartyYYZ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.