Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mercruiser
Hotel Contact Information

phone: 689 40 865110
e-mail: [email protected]

Self service laundry facilities (washer and dryer) are located near rooms 226, 259, 290, and 508. Use of the machines is free. The gift shop sells laundry detergent.

Breakfast options include (prices current as of Nov 2015):
Full buffet: 3912 XPF
Cold buffet: 3210 XPF
Express (beverages, fruit juice, and Danish pastries): 1500 XPF
Sunday Tahitian Brunch: 5900 XPF
A coupon for 50% discount on buffet breakfast is available to Ambassador members. Ask for it at check in.

Polynesian culture shows:
Dinner: 7:00 pm, 7400 XPF (Nov 2015)
Show: 8:30 pm
Wednesday: Marquesas Night - "Discover the legends and powerful Marquesas Islands dances with impressive group warriors."
Friday: Soirée Merveilleuse - "Les Grand Ballets de Tahiti presents their famous revue."

Transportation (provided by IC "Transfer Options, Effective 2015")
Airport Taxi: 1500 XPF + 100 XPF per piece of luggage (2.2 km)
Hotel shuttle to downtown: 500 XPF per person, each way; leaves hotel at 0900, 1100, 1400, 1600. Returns 1130, 1430, and 1630
Taxi to ferry/cruise terminal: 1700 XFP + 100 XPF per piece of luggage (8.3 km)
Print Wikipost

IC Resort Tahiti Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I wouldn't recommend using points at that hotel. We stayed there at the beginning and the end of our trip. The first stay was paid for a Panoramic Lagoon View room and we got upgraded one category to an overwater bungalow which was very good. The second stay we booked using points and got upgraded two categories to a tiny Superior Lagoon View room which we didn't like very much. There are too many room categories there between the basic room and the good rooms and the price difference between the categories is small.

At the IC Moorea, there is only one room category between the basic room and the bungalows and we got pre-upgraded to a bungalow. So much better use of 40k points than IC Tahiti. Both hotels are very nice and worth staying when staying in a bungalow, but in hindsight I would spend my points in Moorea or Bora Bora and not in Tahiti.

At the IC Tahiti we had the choice between a 50% off breakfast voucher for one day or two drinks vouchers (cocktails only for Spire members). The Ambassador benefit was a fruit basket, a $4 box of cookies and 2 small bottles of water, which we didn't even get on the award stay. Being Ambassador seems only worth it when booking a paid stay in a Panoramic Lagoon View room as the price difference between that and the OWB is quite large.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
I wouldn't recommend using points at that hotel. We stayed there at the beginning and the end of our trip. The first stay was paid for a Panoramic Lagoon View room and we got upgraded one category to an overwater bungalow which was very good. The second stay we booked using points and got upgraded two categories to a tiny Superior Lagoon View room which we didn't like very much. There are too many room categories there between the basic room and the good rooms and the price difference between the categories is small.
Thanks for the intel.

I'm currently booked on points for a single night at the end of our trip. Reservation is in early April during the renovation period. The renovation notice states "standard, garden, and lagoon view rooms will not be available". My reservation currently is a Twin Single Bed Garden View Room". Hoping Amb status combined with resort renovation puts me in a OWB
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Troopers
Thanks for the intel.

I'm currently booked on points for a single night at the end of our trip. Reservation is in early April during the renovation period. The renovation notice states "standard, garden, and lagoon view rooms will not be available". My reservation currently is a Twin Single Bed Garden View Room". Hoping Amb status combined with resort renovation puts me in a OWB
I don't want to shatter your hopes, but you will most likely get upgraded to a SUPERIOR garden or lagoon view room south of the lobby. What will be unavailable are the STANDARD garden or lagoon view rooms north of the lobby which you reserved.

After having stayed at Bora Bora you will be very disappointed unless you stay in an OWB in Tahiti. I recommend booking the panoramic room, ideally on the weekend when the rate includes breakfast.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:43 pm

I have two nights booked here on points (one night actually Chase Ihg anniversary night) in October for the start of my French Polynesia trip. I know it's not the greatest use of points but I was unable to get any reward nights at Thalasso and I don't have any other trips planned. I'm mostly under the Earn and burn strategy.

I'm guessing the IC Tahiti basic room is nice enough for my needs, arriving 10pm on the first night and doing a full day excursion the next day, so I don't expect to spend much time at the resort anyway.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:20 pm

I don't want to shatter your hopes, but you will most likely get upgraded to a SUPERIOR garden or lagoon view room south of the lobby. What will be unavailable are the STANDARD garden or lagoon view rooms north of the lobby which you reserved.

After having stayed at Bora Bora you will be very disappointed unless you stay in an OWB in Tahiti. I recommend booking the panoramic room, ideally on the weekend when the rate includes breakfast.
No worries, appreciate the caution.

We'll be there just to sleep overnight with an early morning flight back home.

Last edited by Troopers; Jul 21, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
No worries, appreciate the caution.

We'll be there just to sleep overnight with an early morning flight back home.
We did the same, a total waste of points. If you don't use the very nice hotel facilities (=mainly the lotus pool and the lagoonarium or attend a theme night/breakfast), then I think staying there in a small room is not worth it. Better to book one of the cheap B&Bs and save your points for your next trip to Moorea or Bora Bora. We would do that next time.

The breakfast is better than at the IC Moorea. But if you leave early you cannot even have breakfast there.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:53 pm

Better to book one of the cheap B&Bs
Thanks, didn't think about that. Any recommendations?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Do they upgrade from basic room to OWB for Amb on Award stays? If not how much is the upsell.....Anyway to upgrade with points?

Its about time IHG allowed you to upgrade rooms with points.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: NZ
Just wondering if anyone knows how much the buffet breakfast costs here?

I am trying to work out whether it is better to book a rate with breakfast or not ... always a tricky calculation as a solo traveler, as most breakfast included rates are for up to 2 people.

EDIT: Sorry, I have just seen prices in the Wiki, but if anyone has anything more recent than 2015, that information would be appreciated. I will be AMB so hopefully they are still offering the 50% discount.

Last edited by minz56; Aug 27, 2017 at 6:16 am
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Vorsprung
Agreed. I don't think the property will change that much - especially as they note that only a portion of the property is being renovated.

The part that puzzles me from the renovation statement is that they say:

...yet there's still garden, lagoon, etc. rooms available for sale during the renovation period. Just no reward availability on these rooms.

Something doesn't seem right - I've dropped the hotel an email and will see what they say about the reward nights. I imagine they'll upgrade anyone booked to any rooms that'll be unavailable, booked via points or cash.
Please let us know if you hear back. I wanted a night here in end-May but ofcourse they haven't released standard rooms.

I'm Spire Elite also, so am thinking of using that as pressure to release a night. Anyone know if that works?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Please let us know if you hear back. I wanted a night here in end-May but ofcourse they haven't released standard rooms.

I'm Spire Elite also, so am thinking of using that as pressure to release a night. Anyone know if that works?
I received a reply back from the IC Tahiti staff with a typical award space answer around how other members must have already booked them and to keep an eye out. Obviously a canned response as it's quite clear from the award calendar the hotel has no space during the reno period.

I've been thinking of making a call to the IHG Rewards desk but I ended up using an Amb BOGO cert for two weekend nights (for the Lagoon View room just below an OWB to get an upgrade) anyway.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by navatwal
Do they upgrade from basic room to OWB for Amb on Award stays? If not how much is the upsell.....Anyway to upgrade with points?

Its about time IHG allowed you to upgrade rooms with points.
You'd be luck to get any upgrade, period.

I ended up having to stay 2 nights here, Air Tahiti had no more available flights PPT-MOZ, so booked a renovated overwater + renovated room for the 4 of us. If you want to enjoy your stay, avoid the lead in, unrenovated rooms.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I have an AMB Free night stay already booked so a 2 night stay total. I booked the Panoramic Lagoon View room. I wanted to tack on a 3rd night and I see award nights are available but just the basic room. If book the basic room with points, as a Spire and Amabassdor member do you think they would match the free night room with the Panoramic Lagoon view room? I'd hate to spend 2 nights in 1 room then have to move to another room.

Is it worth contacting the hotel in advance? Anyone have any experience?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
What rooms have been upgraded at the property? I have one night here in two weeks time and wanted to request an upgrade and would prefer a nice renovated room.

Reading on forums It sesms that the Bungalow Suite is a good choice as well as the Overwater Superior Lagoon Bungalow.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
We came back a few weeks ago. Like what was said upthread, book the rooms you want here so that you aren't disappointed (unless overnight stay in/out). The Motu Overwater is renovated, and it was very nice. Nice, new bathroom + the deck off the bungalow was large and well equipped with multiple seating areas. I think the other overwaters are NOT renovated...though I have not stayed in them before. We also booked a second superior room, which are also renovated and it was miles ahead of the base level rooms.

I also don't think any of the panoramic rooms are renovated.

RE: Breakfast, just order an omelette for 1,000 XPF (~$10). It is huge + they go to the buffet and pile on two sides on there. Breakfast potatoes, hash + toast. It was a lot of food!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.