Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conversion of Express by HI (UK) to Innkeepers Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:13 am
ttw
Original Poster

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Conversion of Express by HI (UK) to Innkeepers Lodge

Recently I tried to book a family member into the Express by Holiday Inn Leeds East, UK. Unfortunately the hotel did not appear on the web even as unavailable. When contacting the hotel directly I was informed it was becoming an Innkeepers Lodge www.innkeeperslodge.co.uk There are many Express by Holiday Inns which are located next to M&B pubs (Vintage Inns, Harvester, Toby Carvery) I enquired as to the change where I was told since the demerger of 6C to Intercontinental and M&B, M&B are converting the Express by HI to Innkeepers Lodge when the franchise agreement on the individual hotel expires. This will affect a significant number (About 50) of the sites across the UK with the older properties probably converting first. Even less opportunities to get PC points in the UK now. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:59 am

Programs: SMWS
Originally Posted by ttw
Recently I tried to book a family member into the Express by Holiday Inn Leeds East, UK. Unfortunately the hotel did not appear on the web even as unavailable. When contacting the hotel directly I was informed it was becoming an Innkeepers Lodge www.innkeeperslodge.co.uk There are many Express by Holiday Inns which are located next to M&B pubs (Vintage Inns, Harvester, Toby Carvery) I enquired as to the change where I was told since the demerger of 6C to Intercontinental and M&B, M&B are converting the Express by HI to Innkeepers Lodge when the franchise agreement on the individual hotel expires. This will affect a significant number (About 50) of the sites across the UK with the older properties probably converting first. Even less opportunities to get PC points in the UK now. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
nothing at all. If true, this WILL drastically reduce our options.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 4:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Hopefully the franchise agreements on the affected properties will have long terms (e.g. 10 years or more), so that the properties will still be in the IHG portfolio a while longer.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:58 pm
ttw
Original Poster

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Just noticed whilst booking another stay, that the Express by Holiday Inn Leeds East has now rejoined the system after 3 years as an Innkeepers Lodge. I assume it hasnt worked out hence going back to IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.