Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:22 am

Very good stay

I stayed at the Intercontinental Frankfurt last week and I returned from the Hyatt in Mainz to stay another night at the Interconti Frankfurt. Got a cool upgrade.

I made some pictures which can be found on my blog:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....frankfurt.html
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:33 pm

Anyone got lounge access as Platinum Ambassador at IC Frankfurt?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by presario1626
Anyone got lounge access as Platinum Ambassador at IC Frankfurt?
No. If you want to buy lounge access (Ambassador is a bought status) you need to buy a club room. Access is for Club Floor guests and RA only.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
I've an upcoming one night-stay in Frankfurt at a weekend. Booked a standard room on best flex and my online account shows already an upgrade to a deluxe room. I'm questioning if thats in line with the T&C's which say that RA's should be upgraded to executive, club or suite.

Its the first stay for me there, if it makes a difference, but the upgrade looks a bit stingy to me.

Any views to this?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by boekel
I've an upcoming one night-stay in Frankfurt at a weekend. Booked a standard room on best flex and my online account shows already an upgrade to a deluxe room. I'm questioning if thats in line with the T&C's which say that RA's should be upgraded to executive, club or suite.

Its the first stay for me there, if it makes a difference, but the upgrade looks a bit stingy to me.

Any views to this?
I am generally upgraded to a two room panoramic suite with club access.

Do not expect too much from this hotel, basically a dated Holiday Inn- like.

Club lounge is pretty good, with excellent service.
Location of the hotel is convenient for the main museums.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am generally upgraded to a two room panoramic suite with club access.

Do not expect too much from this hotel, basically a dated Holiday Inn- like.

Club lounge is pretty good, with excellent service.
Location of the hotel is convenient for the main museums.
which category do you normally book? Do you think it would help to challenge them with the T&C's if they stick just with an upgrade to a deluxe for RA?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
which category do you normally book?
cheapest advance rate

Do you think it would help to challenge them with the T&C's if they stick just with an upgrade to a deluxe for RA?
Remember that upgrades are not anymore made at booking, even fo RAs, so your upgrade might change at check-in.

If you want to secure your upgrade, a kind email sent to the hotel might be the best way.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:57 am

got in touch with reservations and they've confirmed that they upgrade RA's two level (which is the case) plus they throw in lounge access^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any views to this?
"Deluxe" is what others call an executive room or a junior suite. IC Frankfurt always gives RAs a two level upgrade which is more than generous considering my 60 or 70 Euro rates for their (very) standard rooms. They have on non club level

Standard
Superior
Deluxe
Panoramic Suite

and (to my knowledge) on club level

Club
Club Studio
Club Panoramic Suite
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
"Deluxe" is what others call an executive room or a junior suite. IC Frankfurt always gives RAs a two level upgrade which is more than generous considering my 60 or 70 Euro rates for their (very) standard rooms. They have on non club level

Standard
Superior
Deluxe
Panoramic Suite

and (to my knowledge) on club level

Club
Club Studio
Club Panoramic Suite
OK, I pay definitely more than you but still a quite acceptable rate, but giving your explanation of the two level upgrade plus confirmed club access for RA's I'd rate it indeed as generous. It will be just a pity that we are only overnight and won't benefit from the club, but thats life.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I pay definitely more than you but still a quite acceptable rate, but giving your explanation of the two level upgrade plus confirmed club access for RA's I'd rate it indeed as generous. It will be just a pity that we are only overnight and won't benefit from the club, but thats life.
Frankfurt is a great property for a Best Rate claim. The standard rooms are normally sold cheaply - just check on swoodoo or trivago. The standard rooms give a RA upgrade to a deluxe room- My Corporate Rate including breakfast for a superior room is 132 EUR and this gives me a standard upgrade to a two room panorama suite or a club studio. Club is always included. This property is not the newest and most modern property but great value for RAs.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:29 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Paid Club Lounge Access

There is an option to pay for lounge access. I was told that it is 50 EUR for one person, 70 EUR for two. The package includes also free in-room internet and one free cleaned shirt per day. As a non-RA I have considered biting, but really have not yet seen the value for me for the price. For others it could be a deal.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: VA Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, PC Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
AMB upgrade from Deluxe

Hi,

As a Platinum Ambassador, does anyone know the best strategy for getting a room including Club Access for 2 nights from 9th December ?

Adv. purchase on the IHG website is 84.50EUR for a standard room, 129.50EUR for a deluxe room. I'm assuming that I'd get upgraded to Club from a deluxe ?

Thanks in advance,
Old Sep 5, 2011, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by handy72
Hi,

As a Platinum Ambassador, does anyone know the best strategy for getting a room including Club Access for 2 nights from 9th December ?

Adv. purchase on the IHG website is 84.50EUR for a standard room, 129.50EUR for a deluxe room. I'm assuming that I'd get upgraded to Club from a deluxe ?

Thanks in advance,
No, you most likely won't. You will most likely get an upgrade to a panoramic suite, however, not to a club room.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This place is really inconsistent with its upgrade policy. Seldom seem to get a Club upgrade here as an RA. More critical...no wifi in the guest rooms yet! There is an area in the lobby that provides 3-hours of free wifi, but not the rooms...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.