Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Frankfurt Master Thread [closed] - after January 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The restaurant at the hotel should be fine and there's the LeMeridien and the Roomers Hotel not too far that also have decent restaurants if they want to do a hotel restaurant.
bsdstone likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:36 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Currently the hotel is closed due to corona. Message on homepage does not give an opening date. However if you try to book a room via the app you can from June 1st, albeit on rates from 165 Euro for standard single (usually from 119 off season).
Old May 10, 2021, 1:25 pm

Hotel is still closed. Website states closure till May, but booking via IHG is currently not possible for full year 2021.

Despite the 80'ies Charme of the hotel I like it and hope it reopens in summer.
Old May 10, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Hotel is still closed. Website states closure till May, but booking via IHG is currently not possible for full year 2021.

Despite the 80'ies Charme of the hotel I like it and hope it reopens in summer.
I doubt it ever will reopen.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Refurbishment of intercontinental frankfurt

The planned renovation works for the InterContinental Frankfurt have been brought forward from 2022 and will now commence in summer 2021.

The investment will re-establish the InterContinental Frankfurt as one of the preeminent luxury hotels in the local Frankfurt and wider German market.

These renovations will see a refresh of all guest and back-of-house areas and is expected to be completed by the end of 2024, when we look forward to welcoming back guests. In the meantime, the hotel will pause all operations and remain closed to guests for the duration of the renovation.

Source
Old May 11, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Good, it needs it for sure. May as well use the period of depressed travel and get started sooner rather than later.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:02 am

At least some good news, although another 3 1/2 years without any "upscale" IHG property south of Duesseldorf shows how woefully underrepresented they are in comparison to their competition. Hope for the best.

Last edited by Exleftseat; May 11, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Old May 11, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
About time. I remember how long it took them to replace those analogue TVs with digital versions.
Old May 13, 2021, 3:18 am

Wow, closure till 2024. I wonder why they don't do renovations by levels and re-open partly after renovation of ground floor/Restaurant and a first block of floors. Its such a large hotel.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It is easier to just close the hotel and get it done rather than having to deal with guests and complaints about noise , with no guests they have the whole entrance to use so faster and I guess cheaper.
They have done the same in Cannes. In Berlin they are staying open but I guess will be closing first one tower then the other , there’s also easy access there for each
Old May 13, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Interesting pictures of InterContinental Frankfurt interior design in early days

Source

Old May 13, 2021, 5:25 pm

My goodness, this brings back great memories from nearly 60 years ago. The good old days of Pan American and IC. Was a guest right after opening and have been back hundreds of times. Hope I
will still be around to experience it after the remodel. Thanks for posting!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 9:55 am

Thanks for this fascinating insight into the history. Very chic!

Today I'm reading that during renovation and expansion (!) of the hotel a 5.000 sqm office building and a second one with 80 flats will be built on the area, too.

This might finance the renovation IMO...
Old May 21, 2021, 2:50 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The IC will undergo renovation till 2024. This was announced on the facebook and homepage of the hotel:

https://www.frankfurt.intercontinental.com/

During this time, the hotels will be closed
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
I knew I should have checked on FT first! I called the Ambassador line today and was told the hotel was no longer part of the IHG program. Apparently just being renovated. I would have hoped they would have known that, but apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.