Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Status - Does it help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by nixande
Reading this thread I was just wondering ...
usually the gold is good to get a little fruit (apple some grapes) and a bottle of water onto your room - as I only drink water, this is great for me. ;o)

Today I am staying at the holdiday inn express in SFO irport and did not receive anything at all (girl during checking stated surprised 'oh you are a pc member) - do we receive as gold also something in HIX? I would have liked the water
nope, usually stay at HIX when I can (generally newer than HIs in the areas I travel to). I've never received a gift.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:09 pm

Programs: Delta FO, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
As a Gold member I've almost always been given an upgrade of some sort as well as access to the club lounge for breakfast and happy hour. Plus, the point accumulation on this program is really easy compared to some others, and I've cashed in lots and lots in less than one year.

I only joined the IC program because there is a CP that was the preferred hotel nearest to my company's corporate HQ and since I was going to be staying there alot, it seemed prudent. I usually stay at Hilton properties otherwise.

Compared to HHonors, the Priority Club program seems to be much more generous on the points and accumulation...
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by sobore
So far Gold has got me zilch. I keep looking for the priority check-in line which there never seems to be.
ditto
Old Aug 10, 2006, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by xinerevelle
As a Gold member I've almost always been given an upgrade of some sort as well as access to the club lounge for breakfast and happy hour...I only joined the IC program because there is a CP that was the preferred hotel nearest to my company's corporate HQ and since I was going to be staying there alot, it seemed prudent.

What CP is this? Technically, Golds don't rate Club level upgrades, this is reserved in theory for Plats...and even then many properties don't honour this even if space is available.

Could be that as a regular to this property, the courtesy upgrade you based on you business. Have you received similar treatment at other CP and HI properties, or do you just stay at this one?

As for accumulating PC points faster than HHonors, I accept this only on the basis of the number of promos PC has...2K every 2nd night. But then you don't get airline miles as well as points, so there is a benefit to the HHonors Double Dip...not to mention the Gold upgrades and breakfast that I have always found much better and more consistent at Hiltons.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:25 pm

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
This traveler certainly never saw any benefits to Gold. In fact, to be blunt, I've had to accept the fact that Platinum is virtually worthless. Been far better treated as a HH Gold, and even as SPG Gold (despite that theoretically coming free with Amex Platinum - although I also earn it).

A couple of years ago I was an RA. That was sweet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.