FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   ICHG hotels that respond to emails (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/575203-ichg-hotels-respond-emails.html)

maclover Jul 2, 2006 8:28 am

ICHG hotels that respond to emails

Hi buddies,
this topic had been already discussed in some threads, but since it doesn't have a specific one, I think it's worth to create one.
I just booked some stays at different ICs and wrote them to arrange airport transportation, or asking about particular things.
For example I had to modify one reservation from 1 room to 2 rooms, wrote the hotel to request twin bedding in the second room and never got a reply!
In another one I asked how to arrange transportation from the airport on my arrival and was never contacted.

Here is my list with new and old experiences.
IC Budapest -> never got a reply
IC Warsaw -> responded in a couple of days
IC Tokyo -> never got a reply
IC Madrid -> responded in a couple of days
IC Berchtesgaden -> never got a reply
IC Beijing -> got a reply after a fellow FT provided a staff personal address ([email protected])
IC Paris -> got a reply after the third mail!
IC Chicago -> ended up phoning them after 3 emails with no answer
IC San Francisco -> got a reply on the second mail

What do you all think about this?
Don't you all think PC should enforce the email use at their property?
It's really annoying not to be able to easily communicate thru email (everything is written and "confirmed") rather than using Skype to make long distance calls...

You had the same experience, or am I the only unlucky one? I always wrote to the general address on the hotel own website page.

Cheers maclover

Savage25 Jul 2, 2006 8:49 am

I have had responses from most ICHG hotels that I have emailed within 48 hours except for:

1. HIX Ann Arbor South: whose email address was then removed from its website after I mentioned to the front desk manager that I did not get any reply to my queries.

2. IC the Grand Delhi: whom I had to email, send a reminder email 2 days later, copy Ambassador Services on a why-the-hell-aren't-you-answering-me email another 2 days later. Ambassador services intervened and I finally got a generic email from the hotel ten days later that did not answer my specific questions at all. I replied back copying Ambassador services saying that I made reservations at a competing hotel (which responded within 24 hours) because of their poor response and failure to provide any sort of customer service. :td:

maclover, from your list I got a reply from IC Tokyo Bay within 24 hours a few weeks ago.

gleff Jul 2, 2006 9:07 am

IC Mark Hopkins, IC BKK, and IC Willard all responded within 24 hours. IC Bali took a few days.

FLYGVA Jul 2, 2006 10:03 am

From your list, I got a reply of the IC in Berchtesgaden in 4 hours (mailed at 8.00 a.m., reply was before noon). Paris replied at 2.00 am in the morning (??) and Chicago answered in less than 24 hours my email.
I got responds on my mail within 12 hours from the most IC here in Europe (CGN, DUS, FRA, ZRH, VIE, BER and LON) and also in Asia (SIN, BKK, HKG). The IC Bali was the first hotel, which did not reply on my mail and my Telefax a day later.

mkt Jul 2, 2006 10:22 am

IC Willard replied later the same day

GibSpmuh Jul 2, 2006 5:44 pm

For ICHG hotels I've contacted via email recently, I found the IC Burswood Perth replied within a day, the IC Bali replied to me in two days, and the HI Cairns responded in a day. I'll agree that when there's specific requirements you might have it's much better to get it in writing rather than rely on the vagaries of a long distance phone call.

maclover Jul 2, 2006 6:00 pm

Ok :)
Thanx for your replies... I think I'm just unlucky then... or my @mac.com address goes directly in their spam folder :(

Tonight I wrote an email to the Vienna IC about a reservation I placed last week... let's wait and see!
BTW, what subject do you use? I do always write "reservation" but maybe it's not the right way to have them to reply.

What is strange is that usually I wroite after I made the booking, just to arrange airport pickup or some special needs, so I think they should reply quick as I'm already a customer!

Cheers maclover

luxury Jul 2, 2006 8:35 pm

I have only e-mailed IC properties in advance of a stay and have received responses, usually within 48 hours, from:

IC Tokyo
IC BKK
IC SIN
IC HKG (former Regent)
IC Grand Stanford HKG
IC SYD
IC London (Portman)

Aisle Seat H Jul 2, 2006 8:50 pm

I have never had a property not reply, ever... and I e-mail a lot of them !

Have had to resend a few times, but always get a reply within 48 hours.

Maybe its because I always CC Amb. Cust. Serv (for ICs) or the relevant region PC e-mail (HIs and CPs), and that this gets the hotels attention, or IC/PC make sure they reply/deal with the issue.

PremExecSNA Jul 3, 2006 7:28 pm

I emailed IC Sydney over one month ago to ask about upgrades for Ambassador. One month later, still waiting... :(

Camino1 Jul 4, 2006 12:42 am

Some nations are not as wired as others, I suppose. I don't expect a prompt reply from Mexico, as I stay often at the IC Presidente group (Cozumel was relativley fast) I've written Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, and Los Cabos as well, usually with late responses if at all.

I got a quick reply from IC Perth but Sydney was not the case. South Africa hotels are slow, but the country is new to high speed connexion.

melvin the mole Jul 4, 2006 1:05 am

Originally Posted by maclover
Ok :)
Thanx for your replies... I think I'm just unlucky then... or my @mac.com address goes directly in their spam folder :(

Tonight I wrote an email to the Vienna IC about a reservation I placed last week... let's wait and see!
BTW, what subject do you use? I do always write "reservation" but maybe it's not the right way to have them to reply.

What is strange is that usually I wroite after I made the booking, just to arrange airport pickup or some special needs, so I think they should reply quick as I'm already a customer!

Cheers maclover

Other than reserving a room I always email the concierge@IC****** regarding airport pickups etc - I have always had a propmt reply. Regards

dahorns Jul 6, 2006 9:07 am

IC-Cypress within 48 hours

EdV Jul 6, 2006 9:43 am

IC NYC (Barclay) - prompt response always within 48hrs. The guest relations manager will usually keep responding to emails in a chain if I have more questions as well! ^

IC Toronto (Front st) - replied within 48hrs, attached letter details RA bennies. Did NOT address specific questions

IC Montreal - replied within 48hrs, quoting standard RA bennies.

Shareholder Jul 6, 2006 11:17 am

Originally Posted by maclover

So did Vienna get back to you?

The only occasion I've had to email an IC property was the IC Vienna. Their computers were down when I checked out in April. I was on an award stay and had no additional charges though I used the minibar (free to RAs) but had nothing else other than hors d'oeuvres, drinks and breakfast in the Club lounge. I did borrow a plug converter that would be charged to me at something like E30 if it wasn't returned.

Checked out at the main desk, but as I couldn't get a printout, I emailed the property upon my return to confirm there were no charges. This was done late evening in NAmerica and by the time I checked my email next morning there was a response from the hotel. (No charges.)