Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** Current Promotions Thread From 17th June 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Savage25
The subject and heading of my email says 12 nights, but the How says 10 nights. I also have the same discrepancy between the dates in the When and in the T&Cs.
Hmm, I might have to get onto PC and clarify which is right and which is wrong!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:16 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
turtlemichael advised me that he got an email from PC:

I just got the following email. Code was 8449. Clearly its not the usual email as its only 2 months Maybe this is the Aussie version? The wording is so strange it could mean a total of 5K, 10K or 15K points!

Exclusive Offer: Stay 5 nights and earn 5,000 points. It's Easy!

WHEN:From 1 July 2006 until 30 August 2006 WHERE:Any InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Express by Holiday InnTM, Staybridge Suites® or Candlewood Suites® hotel worldwideHOW:Stay 10 nights during the promotional period and automatically receive 5,000 bonus points. Earn an ADDITIONAL 5,000 bonus points by registering your Priority Club Rewards membership number through the link below.

Last edited by QF WP; Jul 1, 2006 at 10:17 am Reason: correcting answer
Old Jul 1, 2006, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
turtlemichael advised me that he got an email from PC:
Ask him to check the T's and C's at the bottom. My email had the same dates but the T's and C's say 30 September.

(30 August would be a strange date to finish. What is wrong with 31 August?)
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:01 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I registered successfully for the 10K/5 nights version yesterday from this thread. Today I got an email dated June 29 inviting me 2 the 10K + 5K Visa/ 8 nights version, but it rejected me as ineligible.

I'm so happy for FT ^ because now I get the bonus for only 5 nights! I just wish I had waited for the 10+5K/5.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I successfully signed up for the 5 stay 15k VISA promo.

Interestingly, the confimation web page (not the e-mail) now provides details of the promo. In the past, these pages would only list the name of the promo you registered for.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by perthite
Ask him to check the T's and C's at the bottom. My email had the same dates but the T's and C's say 30 September.

(30 August would be a strange date to finish. What is wrong with 31 August?)
Yep, that says 30 September. I don't think I'll raise it with PC at this stage. I'd rather wait until I have stayed the nights (I have a lot coming up while on a DONE4) and then argue for the most favourable interpretation of the very confusing email.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Yep, that says 30 September. I don't think I'll raise it with PC at this stage. I'd rather wait until I have stayed the nights (I have a lot coming up while on a DONE4) and then argue for the most favourable interpretation of the very confusing email.
My interpretation would be that you should get 5,000 points just for registering! But I bet their interpretation is that you get them after staying the nights.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Update Marker for Thread Sunday 2nd July 4pm UK

:-: :-: :-:

No Updates received since 30th June 06

Click Here for main Promotions/Codes Post
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:53 pm

OK, so this is very odd. I tried to sign up for the 1854 5 stay-15K VISA promo on the main page when I first saw it, and was declined. But then today I received an e-mail targetting me for the promo and when I registered from the e-mail link it still said I was ineligible for it and to contact the PC Rewards Service Center. What gives?

I don't want to call them and have them looking at my account and every non-targetted promo I'm registered for (thanks FT!), but they sent me an e-mail for this one! By registering before I was officially invited did I screw myself? Is this the future?
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
I'm in the same boat. I think PATIENCE is the future.....
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by jehu
OK, so this is very odd. I tried to sign up for the 1854 5 stay-15K VISA promo on the main page when I first saw it, and was declined. But then today I received an e-mail targetting me for the promo and when I registered from the e-mail link it still said I was ineligible for it and to contact the PC Rewards Service Center. What gives?

I don't want to call them and have them looking at my account and every non-targetted promo I'm registered for (thanks FT!), but they sent me an e-mail for this one! By registering before I was officially invited did I screw myself? Is this the future?
I think that now the PC site let you register for just ONE of the stay X nites and get 10.000 points.
So basically if you already registered for another variations of this promo, even if you were targeted, the system won't allow you to register.

Personally, I'm completely happy that PC is enforcing the rules.
How many people were registering multiple times for promos they weren't targeted for? Reaching Platinum status within 20days after the year begin was completely crazy. Let's talk about benefit diluition?

this is my point of view of course!

Cheers maclover
Old Jul 2, 2006, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by maclover
I think that now the PC site let you register for just ONE of the stay X nites and get 10.000 points.
So basically if you already registered for another variations of this promo, even if you were targeted, the system won't allow you to register.

Personally, I'm completely happy that PC is enforcing the rules.
How many people were registering multiple times for promos they weren't targeted for? Reaching Platinum status within 20days after the year begin was completely crazy. Let's talk about benefit diluition?

this is my point of view of course!
I basically agree, and while I am disappointed I won't be getting great wads of points, I think the current system offers a good compromise.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:00 pm

Except I hadn't attempted to register for any promo other than the 5 day, since for the period of time it's in effect for I knew I would not have 8, 10, 12 or 18 stays (personal traveller).

Five was the only one I attempted (or ever do), but was turned down as not eligible, targetted or not. The difference was I tried to register as "non-targetted" first, and was wondering whether that was what pooched it once officially invited. Just wondering whether others have similar experiences so we can detect a pattern to this new order
Old Jul 3, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
I plan on ditching PC now that their benefits seem to be officially watered down.

Don't get me wrong, I like PC chains and enjoy the benefits from them in the past, but their are better opportunities to be had now that they seem to be limiting what was normal just a year ago. JMO.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
I plan on ditching PC now that their benefits seem to be officially watered down.

Don't get me wrong, I like PC chains and enjoy the benefits from them in the past, but their are better opportunities to be had now that they seem to be limiting what was normal just a year ago. JMO.
Can you blame them for limiting it? I won't complain, because I too took advantage of the promos, to the point that I made gold status in probably 3 stays last year. That said, I can't blame them for limiting the promos now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.