FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Reserve Online - 1000 Bonus Points - clarifcation please! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/564536-reserve-online-1000-bonus-points-clarifcation-please.html)

flyclub Jun 1, 2006 4:09 am

Reserve Online - 1000 Bonus Points - clarifcation please!

Just recieved the promo to register for 1000 bonus points everytime I reserve a room online. However the timing couldn't be worse. I made A LOT (>10) of bookings online for the next month YESTERDAY :eek: :( , however having registered today as I only just received this invitation offer will I still get the bonus points after the stays?

From the Terms and Conditions:

"* You must be a Priority Club® Rewards member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. 1,000 bonus points will be awarded after each qualifying stay booked online** and completed between date of registration (no earlier than June 1, 2006) and June 30, 2006, at any InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo™, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn®, Staybridge Suites® or Candlewood Suites® hotel worldwide. For a list of further offer details and Priority Club terms and conditions, click here or call your nearest Service Centre. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to registration. "

From my understanding of this as I registered today, and my first stay is on Saturday, can I assume I will be ok?

Otherwise I'm missing out on A LOT of points here. Although some of the rates are flexible, surely I don't need to cancel them and rebook - that just seems like madness!

aljacket Jun 1, 2006 4:44 am

You should be ok. In the past if you just signed up before your stay posted, it would apply.

However....With PC you just nenver know :)

Originally Posted by flyclub
Just recieved the promo to register for 1000 bonus points everytime I reserve a room online. However the timing couldn't be worse. I made A LOT (>10) of bookings online for the next month YESTERDAY :eek: :( , however having registered today as I only just received this invitation offer will I still get the bonus points after the stays?

From the Terms and Conditions:

"* You must be a Priority Club® Rewards member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. 1,000 bonus points will be awarded after each qualifying stay booked online** and completed between date of registration (no earlier than June 1, 2006) and June 30, 2006, at any InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo™, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn®, Staybridge Suites® or Candlewood Suites® hotel worldwide. For a list of further offer details and Priority Club terms and conditions, click here or call your nearest Service Centre. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to registration. "

From my understanding of this as I registered today, and my first stay is on Saturday, can I assume I will be ok?

Otherwise I'm missing out on A LOT of points here. Although some of the rates are flexible, surely I don't need to cancel them and rebook - that just seems like madness!

fireworksboy Jun 1, 2006 5:33 am

Hello, is there a promotion code we should all know about????

DCA-SEA Jun 1, 2006 6:21 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy

Yes, do tell...

paulmoscow Jun 1, 2006 6:43 am

Take a look at the thread called "Current Promotions."

fireworksboy Jun 1, 2006 6:50 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Take a look at the thread called "Current Promotions."

Wouldn't have asked without checking. Nothing there. Lil' help?

paulmoscow Jun 1, 2006 7:01 am

Wouldn't have asked without checking. Nothing there. Lil' help?

The code can be found on its last page.

Raffles Jun 1, 2006 8:09 am

Although some of the rates are flexible, surely I don't need to cancel them and rebook - that just seems like madness!

It may be mad but the rules do seem to state that you have to BOOK and stay after you have registered, not just stay. So you can't complain if you don't get the points if you don't rebook.

flyclub Jun 1, 2006 8:11 am

Originally Posted by aljacket
You should be ok. In the past if you just signed up before your stay posted, it would apply.

However....With PC you just nenver know :)

Thanks ^ Just thought I would run it past the resident experts here...

I didn't post the code of the promotion as I thought that was fruitless as the more generous promotions are targeted preventing others non-targeted to register.... :confused:

flyclub Jun 1, 2006 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
It may be mad but the rules do seem to state that you have to BOOK and stay after you have registered, not just stay. So you can't complain if you don't get the points if you don't rebook.

Well, I'll see what happens next Tuesday when my stay from Saturday should post.....

schofs Jun 1, 2006 8:53 am

Well, I'll see what happens next Tuesday when my stay from Saturday should post.....

And I'll see what happens next week when my stay from this week (spanning May and June) posts... :)

Thumper Jun 1, 2006 9:59 am

Originally Posted by schofs
And I'll see what happens next week when my stay from this week (spanning May and June) posts... :)

Keep in mind that sometimes these types of bonuses only post at the end of a specific period. Sometimes that can be weeks away.

fireworksboy Jun 1, 2006 11:40 am

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
The code can be found on its last page.

Thanks!!

holtju2 Jun 1, 2006 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Thumper
Keep in mind that sometimes these types of bonuses only post at the end of a specific period. Sometimes that can be weeks away.

If the bonus is based on the IATA code on the reservation it does take quite some time to post. This is based on the promotion code, however, and thus should post simultaneously with your stay.

Radioman Jun 1, 2006 5:11 pm

Hi Folks

Just a word of advice. With this Book a night and get 1000points I always book each night seperatly and the majority of time I have had 1000 points for each night.

I know that others have done this also. May seem strange in the hotels but you just tell them that you might have to leave at short notice. There is nothing much they can do about it apart from getting you to leave each day and come back in, but never know it too happen.

The only thing that does happen is that the room key runs out and you have to go back to reception and get it sorted out. I always check when I return each day with reception that the key is still fine, just saves the trip to the room and back again.

Anyway, looking forward to these 1000points plus the 2000points so looks like a good chance to push the account up a bit

regards