Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn, Buffalo/Amherst, NY

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Holiday Inn, Buffalo/Amherst, NY

Has anyone stayed here recently? We're booking a weekend in Amherst/Buffalo for my parents as part of their Christmas present. I mentioned booking a room for them at the Doubletree to my sister and brother-in-law, but they balked at the cost ($62/night + tax - I won't comment on that one...) My brother-in-law suggested that he would book a reward stay for them at the Holiday Inn in Amherst. I checked out tripadvisor.com for reviews, and didn't necessarily like what I read. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn in Amherst recently, and if so, how was it? I don't want the hotel to be horrible or even really mediocre, as I really want my parents to enjoy the weekend.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:59 am

I stayed there last year - don't remember much except if it had been that bad I would have remembered it! Sorry I am not much help
Old Nov 18, 2005, 12:40 pm

It was originally a super 8 or motel 6, i can't remember. Branded under HI name only about 2 years ago.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:38 pm
T3

If you're asking about the Holiday Inn on Niagara Falls Blvd, it's an old, old sprawling property. It's been kept up, sort of. It's OK to sleep in but definitely nothing to write home about. The best thing about it is Max's Classic Grill that's attached to the hotel.

The Holiday Inn by the airport is not much better - a bit but not much - although it also has a Max's Grill.

In brief, I wouldn't send my parents to either one.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Thanks for the information! I think I'm going to use my Hilton points to book a weekend for them at one of their hotels in the area, since I've gotten some positive information for a few of those. This will be one of the few weekends they have alone, so I want everything to be very special. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:23 pm

New update for a old thread.

Checked into this HI Thursday late (after midnight) for a 4 night stay. 1st room had a strange smell to it and the carpets were wet. They moved us to another room that smelt slightly better but the carpets were also wet (not damp - wet), the bathroom floor was sticky and the bathtub itself was dirty.... Walls are paper thin and the conversations in adjoining rooms could be clearly heard.

We checked out next morning - for $129 a night it was a VERY poor experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.