Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: # Neodymium #
IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Just arrived at the IC SIN.

Given club access in lieu of upgrade - had booked a King Prem apparently, and they had nothing to upgrade me too.

Still, the new Club lounge is very nice, and certainly more spacious than the old. Nice Jura coffee machines too!

Minibar still dreadful though! They could ditch all the silly mini shorts, and stick in a couple of white wines, and it'd be SO much better! :-)

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...01-2010-a.html

Thank you
FLYGVA

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 5, 2012 at 12:54 am Reason: Added link to archive
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Just arrived at the IC SIN too and was upgraded to ...

The Presidential suite (with club access)^^

Simply amazing: around 200 sqm, sauna, jacuzzi, antiques, works of art, amazing board room and living room, great view

full report next
Old Jan 2, 2010, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: # Neodymium #
Crumbs! Well done!

Sauna? Seriously? In Singapore...?!!!

:-)))) Lol
Old Jan 2, 2010, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by McCoy
Crumbs! Well done!

Sauna? Seriously? In Singapore...?!!!

:-)))) Lol
He he, that's true. You just have to open the window to have a sauna in Singapore

PS: I just noticed the presence of the kitchen at the very end of suite...
Old Jan 2, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by McCoy
Given club access in lieu of upgrade - had booked a King Prem apparently, and they had nothing to upgrade me too.
Hmm that can't be right... Even if you booked a King Premier room w/o club they should've bumped you up to Shophouse Suite w/o club.

That being said, I actually prefer the King Premier room to the more expensive Shophouse suite because it feels bigger without the wall between living area and bed, and it is not facing the mall downstairs (which can cause privacy and noise issues).
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Just arrived at the IC SIN too and was upgraded to ...

The Presidential suite (with club access)^^

Simply amazing: around 200 sqm, sauna, jacuzzi, antiques, works of art, amazing board room and living room, great view

full report next
As convinced:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13101101-post3170.html
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
How did you get that upgrade, did you ask for it in advance? Do you stay in IC Singapore often?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richey66
How did you get that upgrade, did you ask for it in advance? Do you stay in IC Singapore often?
Nope, First time in Singapore and did not asked for anything.

The funny thing is that the lady at the club lounge was very nervous when she saw Presidential suite. She made a call (not in English but that was easy to understand) to check.

Still wonder why I got this amazing upgrade, but it is my most memorable experience (with Willard, Carlton and Beijing Financial Street where I got very nice upgrades too)
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Video
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:50 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Thanks !! ^
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:09 am

wow - that is bigger than my first house - I am there in 2 weeks on a redemption booking but not going to expecting that unfortunately
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:02 pm

How many others will be booking the same room category as nicolas75 hoping for the same upgrade?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
Ah 1602 (1601 usung the main double doors). Have had the pleasure...but not in quite a while!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Became ambassador june 09, and stayed at IC SIN, booked the cheapest room via the free internetterminals at the airport just before immigrations up the stairs. Got a double upgrade to shophousesuite. Nice pillow menu!
Very nice welcome and checkin. Was taken by hotel limo to SQ F terminal:-) Need to become RA now! But no hopes of getting the 50-60 nights:-(

Anyway im off to IC SIN next week for some nights.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I am all in a tizz jigging with my IC Singapore reservation
was jus converting my best flexible booking to some adv purchase/F&F, and leaving 2 nights flex for BOGO use
I read that booking King Premier... can lead to Executive Suite u/g
but thats cheaper than booking Club Room so which then

also am i recalling correctly that the extra person charge is waived for RA?
(If anyone is left standing in the Morning may as well spring for breakfast )

Thanks for any help, I am spending so much time on this, I am neglecting my shopping research , so if anyone can chip in with the most cost/upgrade effective idea I would be really grateful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.