Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Hello.

Does anyone have email contact for either the general concierges or for chief concierge Mark Edwards? I tried using the "ask the concierge" banner that is attached to my reservation but for some reason all I get is a phone number to call, and calling from NA isn't my ideal choice.

Tks

PS. pass the email via PM if required.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:54 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I am pretty sure it's not an issue to publish it, but have PM'd you just in case.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Has anyone who has stayed at the IC stayed at the Conrad? Just wondered how they compared?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Scousie
Has anyone who has stayed at the IC stayed at the Conrad? Just wondered how they compared?
Yes done both but I prefer the IC...Conrad is older and less appealing to me...plus I like the shopping around the IC. Also, I feel the service is better and certainly more personal than the large Conrad. And IC location I feel is better.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I also prefer the IC for location and as a regular, I am recognised by all the staff, so the level of service I receive is outstanding. I'm not a massive fan of the Shophouse Suites due to the noise from the mall, so I'm either upgraded to ES or take the premier rooms.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
I stayed in the Shangri-La and Fairmont last time and am considering where to stay for my next 5 day trip there. The Conrad is on Priceline and a bit of a bargain but I'm tempted by the IC or Pan Pacific as well.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
They are pretty comparable. Accruing HH points tips the scales to the Conrad for me (and teddy bears for my kids).

As to amenities, a base Conrad room has a better bathroom, but the standard room does require a few updates (particularly the master power/clock device). The bed/bedding, desk etc are all quite nice. The Conrad room feels a bit more spacious (YMMV).

As to location, IC a bit better for shopping, Conrad is next to the convention center which morphs into shopping (and I usually run into some interesting conventions). But if location is paramount, I'd pick Hilton Orchard.

Conrad breakfast (downstairs) is a very nice spread. I haven't tried the one in IC before, because even a PC Plat gets no bennies like a Gold gets at a HH property - another advantage Conrad.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Spire Ambassador, UA 1K
Recent stay in IC Singapore

I had a sad story 8 weeks ago staying at the IC Singapore after 10 days Balikpapan / Indonesia. As a Platinum Ambassador stayed for two nights on a payed rate ( about 400.-US per night ). First i was declined for the " guaranteed " upgrade as they had no room available to upgrade. Secondly the hotel was booked for a conference and on both nights of my stay that customer booked the hotel bar for their convinience closed for the public crowd. Gentle advice to remain seated in the lobby if you want. Extra smart ^^
I went up to the club level, wanted to go for the club. At the entrance i explained to the concierge that i have no rate for the club level included, however given the circumstances above is there a possibility to have a one time goodwill guesture to grant access to the club - Simple straight answer was no. I know it is the "correct " answer but politically questionable. Once back in Germany i replied and complaint about it to the ambassador service and got finally after some back and force some satisfactory reply, as i go for the Formula 1 race in September with my dad, so we go there again and have made some " compensation " arrangements for that 3 night weekend stay. Spending some points but got better rooms than bookable on points including 1 person club access FOC.
The guy at the IC who helped me was Matthew Lim, smart person and was driving towards a win win.
Am surpirzed about my experience reading all the goodies here, but maybe Platinum Ambassador is not good enough at that time ? Hope it is not always like that. Cheers
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Not sure about the upgrade you expected - I though ICs recognised "officially" only Ambassadors. Being a Senator you'll appreciate that.

(sorry - just noticed you ARE Ambassador as well as Senator )

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jul 26, 2010 at 1:31 am Reason: correction
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not getting any upgrade seems wrong as an ambassador. What room type did you book and receive, , but the staff were absolutely correct in refusing lounge access imo. The hotel bar was closed, but the same argument could be used by every other guest staying at the hotel ; if all were given lounge access, then what is the point of the lounge

I am surprised if they would not have allowed you to pay the difference from the room type you had to the appropriate club rate for the same room type
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Not getting any upgrade seems wrong as an ambassador. What room type did you book and receive, , but the staff were absolutely correct in refusing lounge access imo. The hotel bar was closed, but the same argument could be used by every other guest staying at the hotel ; if all were given lounge access, then what is the point of the lounge

I am surprised if they would not have allowed you to pay the difference from the room type you had to the appropriate club rate for the same room type
Yes, agree that is a true statement. But probably not all of them are also Ambassador. As i said, from fact the handling was correct, but probably they could strive for options i.e. like the one you mentioned. I don´t know, they had a bad day, maybe me ? However got it sorted and will post my other experience once coming back. I hope to have to report something better.

Regards
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:44 am

Am staying there in the IC Singapore in September for the F1 event and got " Premier " rooms. Does anybody know if they are any good ?

Cheers
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Personally speaking I think these are great. They are L-shaped with the bed in the part that forms the "L". Wall-to-wall carpet, unlike the Shophouse rooms and they are quiet. There are 4 rooms are each floor closest to the elevator and the elevator banks are on the other side of the wall from the bed in two of the rooms and the other two butt up against the service elevators, and no, you don't hear the elevators nor a noisy neighbor. If you like peace and quiet and a spacious room you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by inlanikai
Personally speaking I think these are great. They are L-shaped with the bed in the part that forms the "L". Wall-to-wall carpet, unlike the Shophouse rooms and they are quiet. There are 4 rooms are each floor closest to the elevator and the elevator banks are on the other side of the wall from the bed in two of the rooms and the other two butt up against the service elevators, and no, you don't hear the elevators nor a noisy neighbor. If you like peace and quiet and a spacious room you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!
Thank you inlanikai ^

will let you know upon return. Hopefully i can impress my Dad too. as he doesn´t know yet the hotel.

Cheers
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by infoworks
You mean the silk/pashmina shawl? They were very popular!
I checked in a couple of hours ago and can confirm that the shawl is the current RA gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.