RA program changes :((((((((((((((

Old Oct 1, 2005, 2:48 am

Programs: AC E, Fairmont PC Plat, HH Gold, Plat Amb
[As I've got a confirmation for a 2 for 1 with a price for just the one night, and once booked I cannot cancel it - I'm expecting to pay what's on the confirmation.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Legrand did not charge my credit card, and they did change my non cancelable reservation for the best flexible rate.
When I called them, they just said that the 2/1 rate will appear on my reservation when the promotion will be extended to 2006.
I did not bother to ask if in any case, they will honor the 2/1 rate.
At worse I will just show up with my email confirming the 2/1 rate and I am confident it will be ok.

Regarding Brugge CP, I don't even have access to the reservation (again because the system cannot handle it), but they already charged my credit card with the proper amount, so I assume it's fine.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:34 am

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
Has anyone tried this? Looks like trying it with points is a no go, I just tried and received the following response:

"Please be informed that your status is valid until 31 January 2006. You may
renew your Royal Ambassador status with only 20,000 points. We will send an
e-mail to inform you that you may renew your status"

So I wait patiently for an email

Originally Posted by tristan727
erm - no cert for me to hand.

wondering if I shouldn't renew status on-line for $100- any chance would then show me as Royal Ambassador til Jan '07? (currently saying til '06)

Yeah but I always considered being RA was for life, not just for Xmas- won't be able to handle life without a free mini-bar or top suites.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:40 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
to me that sounds like it is a go - you are being offered RA for another 12 months for 20k?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:48 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
My problem with this at 'check-in' nonsense is that we are now at the mercy of clueless, untrained 19 yr.old check-in assistants - the majority of which won't know the difference between Gold Ambassador, Royal Ambassador or Platinum P.C. And also they are much less likely to want to give you an upgrade, even if there is availability - I've been playing this game for only 2 years now & can say they do lie like heck - one guy even admitted so in an HI once & completely changed his story once he realised my card was Plat - suddenly 'there are no rooms avail. to be upgraded to' became 'oh yes sir, we have a sea-view exec. room would suit, my apologies'.

There certainly won't be any welcome gift or RA letter there for you either, if they have to hum&haw & look at their computer, or speak to someone to determine which room to give you, whilst you're pacing around at check-in, wanting to crash.
I guess from now on I am gonna e-mail the hotel every time, a week or so before a stay, to make sure (in a polite and subtle manner of course !) that RA privileges will be extended - can do no harm to remind them that you are coming and that you are an RA, can it ?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:52 am

UPDATE - Back to the original issue that started this Thread, just got this from Amb. after I asked about RA renewal procedure -

"You can renew RA status for the next membership year, for only US$100".

This was in response to a message I sent that made it clear that my status does not come up for renewal until well into 2006, so looks like this is still the policy, for now anyway - if it changes, I now have written evidence to use to demand renewal !

Will they let me buy the status for another year now do we think ?!?

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Oct 1, 2005 at 6:55 am
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:53 am

I kinda took it as meaning no for now, until they send me an email....IF they send me an email...since no one apparently has been denied (to date) renewal as RA, I wonder what exactly that email would read like, or if they wouldn't even bother to send one...no subtle way to say we are lowering your status I suppose.

to me that sounds like it is a go - you are being offered RA for another 12 months for 20k?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
UPDATE - Back to the original issue that started this Thread, just got this from Amb. after I asked about RA renewal procedure -

This was in response to a message I sent that made it clear that my status does not come up for renewal until well into 2006, so looks like this is still the policy, for now anyway - if it changes, I now have written evidence to use to demand renewal !

Given that IC seems to be moving the goalposts on RA benefits, specificially the upgrade policy, a cynic would suggest they would want to encourage early renewals before word got around about the downgrades .....
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:36 am

Makes me have to wonder even more now that they would not confirm I could renew until I got an email, I wonder if this is just the difference in CSRs or something else.

BTW, I also expanded my vocabulary, I finally gave in and looked it up:

Bloke
Main Entry: bloke Pronunciation: 'blOkFunction: nounEtymology: origin unknown chiefly British : MAN, FELLOW

Looks like I need to travel to the UK more!

Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:24 am
uk1
Suspended

I don't think that anyone should take any false comfort from any e-mail that says that RA will be renewed for $100. The same people that take comfort have also seen how BMI have managed to contort and change and dissapoint within the legal parameters set out.

IC will do what they want at any point and are allowed by the small print to change the t's&c's as and when they need.

For some reason I've been sent a gold card from Hilton. It appears to be a BA thing. If I go by BA I can take my own sandwiches. I could even use the points thaty gave me when they dumped my at LHR with a ticket but without a plane. And if I don't clink on the way in I can take my own mini-bar. They seem to think I'm anxious to use the gym. They haven't seen me. I might be confused but I remain positive about life generally as I've just been told I'm probably going to live for another 2.3 years. C'est (as they say) la vie.

Jeff
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by uk1
I don't think that anyone should take any false comfort from any e-mail that says that RA will be renewed for $100. The same people that take comfort have also seen how BMI have managed to contort and change and dissapoint within the legal parameters set out.
Well, that raises an interesting thing - in my last call to Amb. they also told me that they encourage members to renew "within three months of the end of their RA year", and implied that they will be happy to renew it anytime (for the $100). So if any of you are in the later half of your RA year and are worried about these possible changes to renewal rules, it might be worth just calling up and renew for an extra 12 months (i.e. 12 more from when your current year runs out) now !

If you do and it works please tell us all too, of course, would be good to know if this is true.

I was also gifted Hilton Gold btw a few months ago uk1 (until mid 2007), still have not worked out why/through whom !
Old Oct 1, 2005, 2:41 pm
uk1
Suspended

I was also gifted Hilton Gold btw a few months ago uk1 (until mid 2007), still have not worked out why/through whom !
It had BA exec club written all over the letter. Perhaps BA were bright enough to realise that people that take plane journies stay in hotels. I think it's a very smart move that should have been done by someone else ..............

IC have an interesting set of conundrums in the RA programme. People that were upgraded from vanilla Amb had no qualifacation requirement before they were upgraded. 90% had less than a year left before renewal for which they are if as feared might be subjected to a qualifaction to keep RA, for which they have not been forewarned. This doesn't really work, because itm akes no sense alienating a group that have taken trouble to do more business with IC. What would be the point on inviting a vanilla Amb to accept RA for six month without telling him of any qualifation that might effectively be a double going rate than for someon who new about it and had taken a year.

It doesn't make any sense and I would have thought therefore that certainly at least within the first year members will automatically be invited to renew.

Nothing more really to say intil someone comes up with something tangible.

Jeff
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
It had BA exec club written all over the letter. Perhaps BA were bright enough to realise that people that take plane journies stay in hotels. I think it's a very smart move that should have been done by someone else ..............
My Hilton Gold comp. was not from BA though, I am quite sure about that - I have no BA status (or even membership), received no letter, was just comped (not having stayed in a Hilton for a year ! ^ [I have since getting the card/status though !]). So have no idea where it came from, though did not complain !
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:12 pm

I was also gifted Hilton Gold btw a few months ago uk1 (until mid 2007), still have not worked out why/through whom ![/QUOTE]

Got recently the same gift, and it came in an Aeroplan envelope! My wife got the same package.
Looks like Hilton is promoting very aggressively these days.
Guess I need to do some lurking in HH board to see what it"s worth.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:23 pm

[QUOTE=uk1]People that were upgraded from vanilla Amb had no qualifacation requirement before they were upgraded.

uk1 I am just curious to learn what is a vanilla ambassador.
I did try the search feature and did not find any answer.
Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:50 pm
uk1
Suspended

[QUOTE=kamfer]
Originally Posted by uk1
People that were upgraded from vanilla Amb had no qualifacation requirement before they were upgraded.

uk1 I am just curious to learn what is a vanilla ambassador.
I did try the search feature and did not find any answer.
Thanks
Apologies, it is an English'ism. It is meant to mean "no flavour" (oddly) in other words plain old Ambassador rather than RA.

Jeff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.