IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:37 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
In Europe it is standard practice to charge more for two people in a room.
You may want to check the B and B rates at the Four Seasons, which are around 249 EUR but include a full american breakfast also by room service if you wish. If you are looking for something cheaper, I understand there are good deals to be had at the Mariott Courtyard, although be aware it is a bit out of the way in Prague 2.
Maybe the 241 promotion works on these days ?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: KLM and AA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Don't blame anyone but your president...
Well, Czech isn't on the Euro.
And then, I don't see what our President has to do with hotels in Czech setting up policy.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by HCruiseMike
Well, Czech isn't on the Euro.
And then, I don't see what our President has to do with hotels in Czech setting up policy.
Exactly. Political diatribes should stay where the belong, which is not on these boards. You have OMNI and other boards where on can spout any drivel imaginable.

Many factors go into exchange rates. Some countries (especially China) love having their currency undervalued because it stimulates exports and deters imports. Of course, when people travel from those countries, they feel like paupers. Clearly, the "purchasing power parity" exchange rate is not $1.37 ... it should be more like 1 dollar = 1 euro.

My advice for traveling is ignore the exchange rate. You're not flying to Prague just to be cheap.

The Czech currency (koruna) is getting pegged to the Euro in anticipation of eventual joining the EMU, so tends to move lock-step with the Euro.

As for charging more for double rather than single occupancy, this happens in a number of European countries and Japan. Rationales:
a) some rooms have tiny single beds; if you have 2 people you need a bigger room.
b) breakfast is included in some rates in some hotels; 2 people, you pay for the second breakfast.

Best advice for the IC in Prague is, if you haven't already, to join the IC Ambassador program. $150 and you get a "buy one get one free" coupon, a probable room upgrade, fruit/mineral water, free movie, etc. As long as you're staying there on a Friday and a Saturday night, or on a Saturday and a Sunday night, one night is free. And your average rate will fall below $300!
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:48 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
thank you. Finally, a non political comment I can relate to.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szg
Maybe the 241 promotion works on these days ?
Maybe- but I don't think in conjunction with this rate...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
IC Prague questions

Hi all,

I'm looking at booking a 3 night stay at the IC Prague in May and would appreciate any feedback from folks who've stayed there recently. I've reviewd the RA experiences thread and e-mailed the hotel re: ambassador benefits there. It seems that none of the paid rates (including "executive") include lounge access and that they honor RA benefits on award stays. Award stays are booked into classic rooms and upgraded to at least "executive" rooms.

Compared to the Advanced purchase rate, booking on points I'd be getting .5cents per point. Not great, but not terrible. And it won't impact my RA benefits. Since I can't get lounge access for a paid executive booking, the only benefit would be a bump up in room upgrade. I'd also considered booking the Luxury Weekend Rate for the breakfast.That said, is there any benefit to paying for a room here if I have the points for an award stay? I don't really see any.

Thanks,
Andyandy

Last edited by andyandy; Apr 15, 2010 at 8:43 am Reason: Clarification of Thread title
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:55 am

HJad the same dilema last december and finally booked the luxury weekend and was upgraded to a suite facing the square.

Here I posted a video of the view in a Time Lapse mode.

Breakfast is good.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:01 pm

"standard suite"

Hmm. Just logged in to ichotelsgroup.com through e-bates and ran a search for rooms at the Prague IC. The cheapest room is now showing as "standard suite", not "classic room". That's odd. I'm going to book and see how it shows up in my upcoming reservations. Anybody ever seen this before?

Bah. Shows up as classic room. All excited for nothing...

Last edited by andyandy; Apr 18, 2010 at 7:03 pm Reason: update
Old May 5, 2010, 8:45 am

Hi,
I've a question for those with experience with this IC. Mrs. Andyandy and will be there on a 3 night stay. First night was booked in an executive room at the luxury weekend rate. Second two nights are stays on points. My reservation now shows all three nights upgraded to "Jr. Suite." Before making my reservation, I was told that reward stays for RAs were upgraded to "executive rooms."

Is there actually any difference between the executive rooms an the jr. suites? According to the website, they are both 38sqm. If there's no real difference, then it seems that this is a bit of a dodge. I'm trying to decide whether I should e-mail the reservations manager to inquire or just try my luck at check-in. Any thoughts?

Andyandy

BTW: I've booked the IC's (slightly overpriced) car service from the airport. I don't see any posts reviewing it, so I'll do so on our return.
Old May 6, 2010, 3:52 pm

your post prompted me to check my booking - had booked 2 nights flex executive room and intend to use BOGO for 2nd night...seems we have been moved to King Executive Suite...now wondering whether that will change when we checkin and hand over the voucher

Not stayed there before but we had a stay in IC Singapore 1 night on points and booked a club room for the paid second night fully expecting to have to move rooms (arriving late did not justify the additional cost to the points booking) but they put us in the upgraded room for both nights (although club was only for the 2nd day)
Old May 23, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, AmEx Plat
I haven't seen any recent posts (anything after 2007) about the general quality of this hotel. I am considering booking here for three nights in June via FHR and wonder if anyone who has stayed recently could give their views.

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2010, 1:10 pm

John: Just completed a stay here. See my review in the RA experiences thread for full details. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them.

The car service was helpful and I don't feel too bad about the inflated price (900cKr), but I probably wouldn't book it again. Our driver was waiting in the exit area of the terminal (in a crowd of other drivers) and holding an "Intercontinental" sign. He was a pleasant older gentleman with good English. Car was an E-class Mercedes in good shape. Nothing particularly special about the service, though.

Given the inflated price, I ordinarily would have gone with AAA taxi, but in this instance, the fact that I could charge the car to our room made the difference.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:00 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
IC Prague

Stayed at the IC Praha in early June of this year for two nights. Booked via Amex Plat FHR and used a BOGO cert. Given my late arrival, I booked a car via the hotel. Driver was waiting for me at PRG, and was driven to the Hotel rather sportily in a typical E-Class black car.

Hotel is an ex-communist pile, about three blocks from the town square and the Charles Bridge.

No one at the door to help with baggage, so lugged it in myself to check-in.

Check in agent taps away, says "You need a better room than this", and switches me to a river view suite.^ Welcome gift arrived within 5 minutes of checking in and was some fruit and a bottle of wine, which was not terribly good.

Room itself was very nice, with large sitting area, dining room table, two bathrooms, and a Jacuzzi tub.

The FHR rate came with an 80€ credit at the roof-top restaurant, which was closed for a private function. They transferred this amount to room-service, which was very good.

Breakfast was also included, and it was popular. A good mix of European and North American options.

As mentioned, the hotel was well situated, in the Jewish Quarter. Close to the Charles Bridge and to the town square.

Here are some photos:

Welcome Gift

http://gallery.me.com/briantoronto/1...12800979680001
Views from the window

Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
IC Prague

Is that a Junior Suite or a Executive Suite?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Kathabene
Is that a Junior Suite or a Executive Suite?
looks like the Exec suite as mentions that there are 2 bathrooms and Junior suite just has the one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.