Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
I will be in this hotel for one night coming April 11th. Probably no time for the lounge anyway.
I am just wondering what benefits I will get as a Spire Ambassador.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:48 am

You will only get the normal ambassador benefits. The room upgrade won't seem like an upgrade though. They also gave me a bottle of wine and fruit plate.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just need a night in Prague and I was thinking of redeeming my Chase free night cert here. The hotel seems quite good. But the problem is that I have a car and they seem to charge 35 euros for parking. Kind of an incentive to stay elsewhere. Does anyone know if there's affordable reasonably secure overnight parking nearby? If it matters, it will be a Friday night. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
I just need a night in Prague and I was thinking of redeeming my Chase free night cert here. The hotel seems quite good. But the problem is that I have a car and they seem to charge 35 euros for parking. Kind of an incentive to stay elsewhere. Does anyone know if there's affordable reasonably secure overnight parking nearby? If it matters, it will be a Friday night. Thanks.
yes indeed, I even paid 40 Euro per night parking 2 years ago. It is in the city center and I doubt that you can get anything cheaper nearby; probably even more expensive
Had according experience in Geneva, where the 40 CHF per day parking in a Novotel in the city center was actually a bargain as everywhere nearby it was more like 70-80 CHF per day
Try park and ride; did this in Munich (Messe Munich) where I paid only 7 Euro for 3 days and the commuting with the subway was easy
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes indeed, I even paid 40 Euro per night parking 2 years ago. It is in the city center and I doubt that you can get anything cheaper nearby; probably even more expensive
Had according experience in Geneva, where the 40 CHF per day parking in a Novotel in the city center was actually a bargain as everywhere nearby it was more like 70-80 CHF per day
Try park and ride; did this in Munich (Messe Munich) where I paid only 7 Euro for 3 days and the commuting with the subway was easy
The bane of redeeming points at fancy urban hotels is often parking. It's an often unpredictable and even time specific problem (like expensive weekday parking can be free weekend parking). And there's often some "trick" to solve the problem (nearby garage, give the car keys to the concierge for a tip, street parking, etc).

Since I'm just spending the night, park and ride wouldn't make sense. Staying somewhere else with cheaper/free parking might. I'm often inclined to just pay the parking fee considering the room will be free, but this charge seems so high that I'm thinking of staying elsewhere (and saving my certificate) unless there's a more affordable way to safely park the car for the night.

EDIT: I looked at a few more Old Town hotels and some threads about overnight parking in the area, and everything seems to be 25 euros and up for 24 hours. I guess I'll either have to pay or decide to stay in the suburbs.

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 25, 2017 at 9:11 pm Reason: more
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
The bane of redeeming points at fancy urban hotels is often parking. It's an often unpredictable and even time specific problem (like expensive weekday parking can be free weekend parking). And there's often some "trick" to solve the problem (nearby garage, give the car keys to the concierge for a tip, street parking, etc).

Since I'm just spending the night, park and ride wouldn't make sense. Staying somewhere else with cheaper/free parking might. I'm often inclined to just pay the parking fee considering the room will be free, but this charge seems so high that I'm thinking of staying elsewhere (and saving my certificate) unless there's a more affordable way to safely park the car for the night.

EDIT: I looked at a few more Old Town hotels and some threads about overnight parking in the area, and everything seems to be 25 euros and up for 24 hours. I guess I'll either have to pay or decide to stay in the suburbs.
A big benefit of opting for hotel's own carpark (assuming not a discounted rate at nearby paid carpark) is that one cane leave+return multiple times in 24hours under that one fee

Whereas paid nearby parking will be per in+out periods , and one continuous 24hours is often half the cost of splitting the 24hours by exiting and returning twice if you need use the car during the parking period
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
A big benefit of opting for hotel's own carpark (assuming not a discounted rate at nearby paid carpark) is that one cane leave+return multiple times in 24hours under that one fee

Whereas paid nearby parking will be per in+out periods , and one continuous 24hours is often half the cost of splitting the 24hours by exiting and returning twice if you need use the car during the parking period
in Prague all the interesting places for Sightseeing are within walking distance from the Hotel, which is located in the heart of the city. It would not make sense to go by car, as it would be difficult to park nearby during the day
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
This Intercontinental is great. They gave me a bottle of wine and many other items as welcome gifts. Lounge is only 29 Euro per day per room, with great food all day long.

Now, I am in IC Vienna. Lounge is 60 Euro per room per night. Anxious to see why it is more than twice expensive here than in Prague.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:56 am

Consider yourself lucky, IC Prague was charging me 29 euro per person per day for the lounge.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:49 pm

they first wanted to charge me 40 Euro per day for two persons; later they charged me only for the parking and that was expensive at 40 Euro per night, but then overall, stay was cheap
60 Euro for Lounge Access is hilarious...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:01 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Originally Posted by osugrad2x
Consider yourself lucky, IC Prague was charging me 29 euro per person per day for the lounge.
My tip is to wait until you arrive at the hotel and then ask about club lounge access, you will receive a better offer. The lounge is excellent! It was even much better than the IC Düsseldorf (last stay in 2012).
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by B42; Sep 25, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: Still incl. Lounge/breakfast at point of arrival. Only be aware that certain staff members don’t know that Ambassadors don’t have to pay for the 2nd person.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Anyone stayed here recently ?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:09 pm

I just came back from there. They gave me Club Lounge access for 49 Eur per day for being Ambassador member. The lounge is not that big but they have soda, coffee/espresso, tea, water and wine till 1130 pm and food and drinks 530-730 plus cookies and snacks at 4 i beleive. Club Lounge also includes breakfast buffet in restaurant which was quite impressive.

Now the hotel rooms are showing their age, not many power outlets in the room. One english tv channel and very old on demand movies (1 free for ambassador). The pool is cold and the hotel customer service is very good. The location can’t be beat for a points hotel, about a 3 minute walk to old town square.
est-gratuite likes this.

Last edited by osugrad2x; Dec 23, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by osugrad2x
I just came back from there. They gave me Club Lounge access for 49 Eur per day for being Ambassador member. The lounge is not that big but they have soda, coffee/espresso, tea, water and wine till 1130 pm and food and drinks 530-730 plus cookies and snacks at 4 i beleive. Club Lounge also includes breakfast buffet in restaurant which was quite impressive.

Now the hotel rooms are showing their age, not many power outlets in the room. One english tv channel and very old on demand movies (1 free for ambassador). The pool is cold and the hotel customer service is very good. The location can’t be beat for a points hotel, about a 3 minute walk to old town square.

Thanks for the reply.
How is the evening food in the lounge ?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Thanks for the reply.
How is the evening food in the lounge ?
Fairly decent. They had veggies, rice, dumplings (potstickers), fish (salmon and white), potatoes (fried, baked and mashed), curry chicken, pork. They served fish and chicken each of the four nights i was there along with the other items. I would say the only downside was the desert, there was nothing special about the desert options. I'm not a beer person but i tried the local beer (Pilsner) they had, it was ok. This beer is advertised everywhere in Prague, wish i knew what good beer was to compare. Appetizers and alcohol are from 530pm - 730pm, but wine is available all night.

Breakfast in lounge is minimal and you can order an omelet from there, we opted for the restaurant each morning. FYI there is a little section in the restaurant where little kids can play with a few toys. This was great when one of us wasnt done eating and our toddler was fussing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.