IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:05 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
dupe. please delete
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:09 am

Does the 800 also suffer trom the noise of the AC? I stayed recently in the 828, and believe it is just next to the 800 (possible to connect from in the room).
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I just completed an excellent 3 night stay with an outstanding upgrade. I had booked:
- 1 night in a business room, quickly upgraded to a Club Deluxe
- 2 nights in a Club Senior Suite
Before my arrival, I was offered a cheap upgrade to the Club Senior Suite for the first night, which I declined, given the amount I am rembursed by my university.

I was unpacking my luggage in the Club Deluxe room when I received a phone call advising me that I had been upgraded to the Park Suite for the three nights ... A very nice gesture!.
Excellent upgrade! ^^

Originally Posted by JOUY31
BTW, another SPA closure ...
Again ?!?
Is it a disguised cost reduction or real maintenance?!?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:22 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
IC Berlin - Park Suite (East Wing room 800) pictures

Entrance: guest toilet & kitchenette to the left, dining room straight ahead, meeting room to the right

Dining area

Seating area and end of dining area

Meeting room

Mobile wall separating seating area from bedroom

Bedroom

Dressing room

Dressing room: small ballet mirror & bar

Bathtub room

View from bathtub

Not represented:
- shower room
- toilet
- guest toilet
- kitchenette

Originally Posted by 336
Does the 800 also suffer trom the noise of the AC?
Not that I noticed.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 9, 2015 at 4:44 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any Homeland fans? Looks like IC Berlin is heavily featured throughout the show. Wonder what type of the room did Saul book?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
They were filming it when I was there in August, as far as I could tell it was entry and lobby only, no rooms. Then they filmed over by the hospital.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG
Visiting IC Berlin at Xmas this year. I've stayed here quite a few times in the past and always had a great experience with club rooms and the lounge. Given the GM change back in August, I'm wondering if the club or hotel has changed any policies or anything? Particularly with food and drink in the lounge. IC Berlin was always one of the best for food in the lounge IMO.

Any comments?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by dmp1991
Visiting IC Berlin at Xmas this year. I've stayed here quite a few times in the past and always had a great experience with club rooms and the lounge. Given the GM change back in August, I'm wondering if the club or hotel has changed any policies or anything? Particularly with food and drink in the lounge. IC Berlin was always one of the best for food in the lounge IMO.

Any comments?
I didn't use the lounge at dinner time during the time I spent in Berlin, as I was dining with other conference participants. At breakfast and during the afternoon, it seemed unchanged from last year, as good as it used to be.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:55 am

IC Berlin Master Thread [merged]

Anyone knows what is the current price for club access as AMB? Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
The price per room is 70 Euros and they`re now serving a small hot meal -in addition to the soup- even at weekends.May be,they`ll change it for Christmas.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by dmp1991

Any comments?
Food in the lounge is as good as it used to be before the change of the GM.In November,they even offered the small hot dishes on weekends.Don`t know if there might be other rules for Christmas.All in all,I agree,it`s the best lounge in Berlin with wonderful staff!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ringbahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser

The price per room is 70 Euros and they`re now serving a small hot meal -in addition to the soup- even at weekends.May be,they`ll change it for Christmas.
Many thanks for the info.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:15 am

IC Berlin Master Thread [merged]

As Spire Ambassador I have just noticed my upcoming stay has ben upgraded from business room to- "club superior room"! It has always been business room to club deluxe in the past:-(

Last edited by loyaltypointschaser; Dec 25, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG
Well now I feel jilted because my wife is a Spire Ambassador as of earlier this month, and for our stay over Xmas, her reservation shows only 'club deluxe' as an upgrade from the booked 'club room'.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:54 am

Why? You received a one category upgrade.

Plus, the Deluxe room in this hotel is what most hotels would call a junior suite.

Stayed here as Spire Amb a few weeks back on similar booking. Was very happy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.