Search

IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Hello, all!
Forgive me if this has been addressed---I couldn't find a discussion on the IC Istanbul. We have a stay coming up. RA experiences for this property? Also--what is the public transporation system like near here. This is the business area...not the Old IStanbul area and there is a metro. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 10:26 pm

I booked a club king (2 nights for price of 1 deal) and was upgraded to a large suite on the top (18th) floor. The room had a partion to separate out the bedroom from the sitting area. Two bathrooms. Panoramic windows. Wine, fruit and chocolates along with a garment bag as a gift. Groundfloor restauraunt was so-so, did not try the others. Very well maintained hotel. Metal detectors in the lobby.

It's about a ten minute walk to Taksim square which is the terminus of a restored streetcar that plys the length of Iskital Caddesi (a pedestrian shopping street, somewhat upscale). Cabs are pretty reasonable if they aren't trying to rip you off.

We split time between this hotel and the Four Seasons - which is between Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Fabulous location, food, and service. You might want to consider it.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:45 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
As a Royal Ambassador I was upgraded from a standard room to the same type of suite on the top floor. Very friendly staff at the lounge, good location, good food - very much recommended.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by MoreMiles!
As a Royal Ambassador I was upgraded from a standard room to the same type of suite on the top floor. Very friendly staff at the lounge, good location, good food - very much recommended.
My (our) thanks to you both! I didn't think about the 2 for 1 promotion on the club level...It seems to me when I was looking that wasn't an option. But, many thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:34 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
We have a stay coming up. RA experiences for this property? Also--what is the public transporation system like near here. This is the business area...not the Old IStanbul area and there is a metro. Thanks in advance!
How was your stay? did you like the location as a tourist?

--
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:30 pm

I was there on business last year but had some free time for sightseeing. Based on my experience I would not bother with public transport, as cabs are cheap. You can go to the Blue Mosque or Grand Bazaar for $5 US or less, as I recall, and you'll get there much faster and see more en route. Cabs were easy to hail in the street from near the big tourist draws, for getting back to the hotel.
Also, the IC Istanbul has a great spa with good (and cheap) massages.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:19 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAXGUY
... as cabs are cheap. You can go to the Blue Mosque or Grand Bazaar for $5 US or less, as I recall, and you'll get there much faster and see more en route. Cabs were easy to hail in the street from near the big tourist draws, for getting back to the hotel.
that is good as walking to the Sultanahmet from this property looks like it would take a lot of time (maybe 40mintues) and over what I'm guessing would be busy bridges.

--
Old Nov 17, 2006, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Ceylan IC Istanbul

We are planning a trip in Feb 07. Does anyone have any feedback for this property ? Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Suggest you search and read first and then post specifics

http://flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=264868
Old Nov 18, 2006, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually I did a search and found really outdated info. Wanted to know if there was any new stays and experiences.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:03 am
uk1
Suspended

Well ... good luck.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC Istanbul dilemma

I need some good suggestions. We arrive in IST on a SUN and depart on a Thursday. I have a free night coupon that I would like to use. Now the prepaid advanced rate is Euro 145 per night. I sent an email to the hotel regarding the free night and was told that I could use it, just to present it at check in. Now I know that in the Middle East the weekend is thu,fri sat. Should I just book the room and take a chance at check in with the coupon ? Please advise. Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
If it's the Ambassador coupon you've got to use then I would be surprised if they actually allowed its use across those dates, seeing as you'll be there during weekdays rather than weekend days. I'd be sure to get something in writing explicitly saying they'll accept the coupon, but they're certainly under no obligation to for those dates as far as I can see.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The Middle East?!

Turkey is currently trying to join the European Union, and the other half of the city (the other side of the Bosphorus) is officially in Asia. The Middle East has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Raffles; Dec 7, 2006 at 12:31 am
Old May 28, 2007, 5:10 pm

deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.