Updated/New Promotions

Old Aug 7, 2005, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by janeway
Unfortunately, I only saw the promos from the last round (that expired 8/31) with enough time to earn 20,000 extra, by staying 6 nights.

I got the 10k from the 5th night, and I can't remember if it posted immediately with the other points earned, but my normal earned points for the 6th night (on 7/31) have already posted, and no 10k.
You wrote your 6th night was on July 31. Was that check-in or check-out date? The promo ended on July 31, so if your 6th stay ended on Aug 1, it will probably not count.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
I have had some success on getting bonuses for stays that started during a promo and ended after. By that I mean, even the "after" dates counted towards bonus nights.

I also had some success re-registering for some promos and not others.

There have been people who say that signing up for both "stay x get" 10K points and Miles may cause posting issues.

The truth is, we don't know why some 10Ks work and some don't. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. I know for a fact two people can sign up for the same bonous, stay the similar amount of nights, at the same hotel and one will get their bonus points and the other not.

Originally Posted by sb65
You wrote your 6th night was on July 31. Was that check-in or check-out date? The promo ended on July 31, so if your 6th stay ended on Aug 1, it will probably not count.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 8:31 am

During the last 10k promotion period (ending July 31), my registrations were removed three times, most likely by Ambassador Service.

I had complained about an incident in a specific hotel to Ambassador Service by e-mail, and after that all my 10k promo registrations had been removed. I was able to re-register, but the registrations were removed again after 2 to 3 weeks.

Now I know that it was not wise to contact with Ambassador Service while being registered to all of those promos. The agent had to look at my account and obviously saw all the promo resistrations. BTW, in the reply form Ambassador Service they didn't mention anything about that (me neither of course).

Finally I managed to catch at least 30k in the last days of July; normally I would have received the full lot up to 15 nights due to my number of nights during the promo period. Sigh, better than nothing .....
Old Aug 8, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mtresc
During the last 10k promotion period (ending July 31), my registrations were removed three times, most likely by Ambassador Service.

I had complained about an incident in a specific hotel to Ambassador Service by e-mail, and after that all my 10k promo registrations had been removed. I was able to re-register, but the registrations were removed again after 2 to 3 weeks.
How did you know the registrations were removed? Is there a way to view what you are registered for?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Originally Posted by gardener
How did you know the registrations were removed? Is there a way to view what you are registered for?
I was wondering about that, as well.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mtresc

Now I know that it was not wise to contact with Ambassador Service while being registered to all of those promos. The agent had to look at my account and obviously saw all the promo resistrations. BTW, in the reply form Ambassador Service they didn't mention anything about that (me neither of course).

Finally I managed to catch at least 30k in the last days of July; normally I would have received the full lot up to 15 nights due to my number of nights during the promo period. Sigh, better than nothing .....
Really?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 4:55 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Probably knew they were removed by the fact that they could re-register for the promos. I periodically check to see if I have been "opted" out of any promos but returning to the promo registration period. If it doesn't say that you are already enrolled then you know you were removed.

Oh, and we love it here when you call / email PC to ask about specific promos in your account.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Originally Posted by aljacket
I have had some success on getting bonuses for stays that started during a promo and ended after. By that I mean, even the "after" dates counted towards bonus nights.

I also had some success re-registering for some promos and not others.

There have been people who say that signing up for both "stay x get" 10K points and Miles may cause posting issues.

The truth is, we don't know why some 10Ks work and some don't. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason. I know for a fact two people can sign up for the same bonous, stay the similar amount of nights, at the same hotel and one will get their bonus points and the other not.
I had thought perhaps the sequence of registration for these and other promos might have made a difference, but perhaps it was just the fact that the checkout was on the 1st?

I guess I'll truly find out after the 4th and 5th nights in August that I stay at IC to see whether I get any of the 10k points for that stay.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:39 am

If you once registered for a promo and if you try to re-register, you will receive a message saying "You are already enrolled ......".

If you don't receive this message and you receive a confirmation about registering, your original registration was gone (unless you had stayed the required number of nights of course).
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
changed my mind ! deleted...

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Aug 14, 2005 at 10:46 am
Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Add this link to the list?

I was wondering if you would want to add this link to the list...

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...n/ppusair.html

From the MR Tools thread, there is a link to these Crowne Plaza Coupons, but I did not see it mentioned in this forum.

Thanks for all of the info in this forum, I have just started staying at IC properties to collect points for my honeymoon in Bora Bora.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
There are already several threads on this. Here I think is the latest.

Originally Posted by darkhawkkg
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...n/ppusair.html

From the MR Tools thread, there is a link to these Crowne Plaza Coupons, but I did not see it mentioned in this forum.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta PM,CRC, AA,CO,HHonors Diamond,Marriott Platinum,Priority Club Platinum
I see that a couple of new codes have been added. It's really appreciated.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 3:36 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Emirates Skywards bonus

Earn triple Emirates Skywards Miles plus an additional 500 Emirates Skywards Miles when you book a hotel stay online and complete your stay by 30 September 2005. Book a stay online at any InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Express by Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites hotel worldwide. There are over 3,500 hotels worldwide, so there is bound to be a hotel to suit your needs whether you are traveling for business or pleasure.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../emirates.html
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH Gld, MR Plt, PC Plt, AA Plt, CO Gld, Amtrk S+
Originally Posted by perthite
Earn triple Emirates Skywards Miles...
Hmmm... no IATA number in the link on that page. I wonder if it will work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.