Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment Card rate [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Entertainment Card rate [merged]

Stayed at the CP LAX during a MR in early Feb. Got a 59$ rate with my Entertainment card.

Points never posted. So I called Customer Service Centre and was told that Entertainment rates (ER) do not qualify for points.

I searched through the priorityclub web site but couldn't find any information.

The funny thing is that I had stays in the past on the ER AND I have received points for them. So, was I lucky to get points in the past, or does the CSR that I talked to was not properly informed ?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:29 pm

No, you don't get them. Look on the terms and conditions. I think they updated them to mention the Entertainment card.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Moi aussi, Super Larry!

I stayed in MIchigan in December 2004 on an Entertainment rate & got points & bonuses. Then in Jan. I stayed in South Carolina " " & it posted a stay with 0 points & without night credit.

Did I get lucky the first time, or was there a rules change for the New Year?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:01 pm

I have been receiving points for Entertainment Card stays at a local HIX.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
T&C from Priority Club on earning points

I've found the T&C on earning points and there is no specific mention of the Entertainment Rate being not eligible for points. Should I call again CS and ask for a supervisor?

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club® Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Except as expressly set out otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, Priority Club® points are not awarded for fractions of a U.S. dollar spent, or for dollars spent on tax, VAT, GST, service charges, gratuities or hotel incidentals. Charges not billed to your room, gift shop purchases, and meeting charges will not be eligible for points. You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive Priority Club® points. Only one room will be credited per member per night. Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for "no shows" even if the room is paid for in full. Priority Club® points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more). If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
When I encountered this problem with ENT rates I was told that "50% travel club discount rate" from the T&C was considered the ENT rate and was ineligible.When I booked the ENT rate online,it specifically stated that it would not be eliigible for points
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:49 pm

Last yr got points w/ENT rate 4 Orlando. No luck w/Ent rates this yr, used AAA. ("Best" rate appears btrn GOV rate, go figure...)
Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:11 pm

Where do you get an Entertainment Card?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 4:35 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
They come from the "Entertainment Book". It is a coupon book that is normally sold to raise money from some charity or school in your local area. I have seen them in Walgreen’s.

I like getting mine from The-Village-Gift-Shoppe on eBay. You can also get them directly from Entertainment.com .

Originally Posted by leddiej
Where do you get an Entertainment Card?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If U go to mypoints.com, U can earn points for buying an Entertainment book. Also, there is now an offer to get the 2006 book, which exp. Oct. 31 , free or cheap with purchase of a 2007 book which starts in Nov.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
I understand no points on the Entertainment rate but I did not even get a Qualifying Night on my recent stay.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:11 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by sobore
I understand no points on the Entertainment rate but I did not even get a Qualifying Night on my recent stay.
That's the whole point -- the rate does not qualify.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
I understand not qualifying for points due to the rate. I think a qualifying stay toward elite status should be given since you are spending money and spending the night at the property. If a traveler stayed 100 nights on the entertainment rate and had no status to show for it, it would seem not in the best interest of either party. PC would benefit from putting status in a very frequent travelers hands and the traveler would benefit from having the perks provided.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
But, they would have those who qualified at a substantially lesser dollar amount, and they would still have to give them the perks, and spend the money on them, that they did on those who qualified at a regular rate. It's not a very cost-effective thing to do, as you wouldn't get the "bang" for your buck that you do if you exclude the rate. The rate can be up to 50% off of a room, so if that's the case, you'd have people qualifying for Platinum when they stayed for 50 nights, but really only paid to stay for 25. How would that make you feel, if you earned Platinum by staying 50 nights, at a rack rate? I'd feel like I'd been ripped off, if it was me.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
For reference, Entertainment Card rates may be ineligable in the US, but in some other markets; e.g. it is quite valid for points earning in Australia

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.