Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entertainment Card rate [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
May need to get in an extra "pad" night to qualify for some bonuses. Most of the lower rates available where I am looking are Entertainment Card rates. The discounts range from 10 all the way to 50% off "best available" rates.

Just wondering if anyone can add some more recent experiences / datapoints on whether they got points for EC stays, and whether there is truly a cutoff in the percent discount that disqualifies a rate.

Is it up to the property regarding whether these are coded as qualifying stays? Would it be worthwhile asking the property GM if the stay will qualify?

Someone started a thread on this topic previously, which didn't get any responses, fyi:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ent-rates.html
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GrizShel
May need to get in an extra "pad" night to qualify for some bonuses. Most of the lower rates available where I am looking are Entertainment Card rates. The discounts range from 10 all the way to 50% off "best available" rates.

Just wondering if anyone can add some more recent experiences / datapoints on whether they got points for EC stays, and whether there is truly a cutoff in the percent discount that disqualifies a rate.

Is it up to the property regarding whether these are coded as qualifying stays? Would it be worthwhile asking the property GM if the stay will qualify?

Someone started a thread on this topic previously, which didn't get any responses, fyi:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ent-rates.html
I stayed 15 nights Orlando CP Entertainment rate and got the points. October 08.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Yes and yes.

I'm pretty sure Entertainment rates are excluded but I have been lucky and, on one occasion, I contacted the hotel in advance and got a Yes answer.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
HI Omaha

I booked a pool side suite, their top room, on the Entertainment Rate (50%) and got full points for the stay. I called in advance and was told it would not qualify so this was a pleasant surprise. It probably helped that the rate I was paying was still above the ADR for their standard rooms.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Hmmm... Just booked an Entertainment Card rate three weeks from today as it was 41% off and I need to get my first stay done to earn some points. (It's a local HI, so it's purely for the points). I thought I had read about discounted non-eligible rates and found this thread.

It appears I'm in the no man's land between 30% and 50% off.

I will call the hotel directly and let you know what they say...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold

The hotels actually do the coding, but they are supposed to follow the T&C's and direction from Priority Club, but as we all know, they don't. That's what leads to the discrepancies in whether a rate qualifies or not.

Officially, Entertainment rates are non-qualifying, but YMMV.

mxm135
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:22 pm

It would be much better for all of us if all thir hotels would have this ENT rate.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by best
It would be much better for all of us if all thir hotels would have this ENT rate.
It would be much better if all hotels gave FTers a 75% discount.

Actually, I've found a lot of hotels do indeed have the Entertainment Card rate which can indeed be a good deal.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
Originally Posted by pdx_fam
Hmmm... Just booked an Entertainment Card rate three weeks from today as it was 41% off and I need to get my first stay done to earn some points. (It's a local HI, so it's purely for the points). I thought I had read about discounted non-eligible rates and found this thread.

It appears I'm in the no man's land between 30% and 50% off.

I will call the hotel directly and let you know what they say...
I just called the hotel, and they say that as long as it's not booked through Priceline or Hotwire or similar, it's an eligible point earning stay. Since it's a mattress run 5 miles from home, it better be!

I will wait to post the hotel name once I stay, just in case there are eyes watching - I don't want to jinx myself...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
Is the "Entertainment Card rate" valid for US/CANADA properties only? I am located in Europe.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:44 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by MXM135
The hotels actually do the coding, but they are supposed to follow the T&C's and direction from Priority Club, but as we all know, they don't. That's what leads to the discrepancies in whether a rate qualifies or not.

Officially, Entertainment rates are non-qualifying, but YMMV.

mxm135
Have had a few discussions with PC about this and recommend doing a screen print of the rates, to show that the Ent rate is more than 50% of the best Flexible. Since the Ent rate is in the drop down menu on the PC.com booking site, so long as it is not 50% (or more) off the Best Flexible, there would be no T&C to exclude. So Ent rates are not "non-qualifying" and even some properties that claim they are, post properly, according to the T&C's.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by rbAA
Have had a few discussions with PC about this and recommend doing a screen print of the rates, to show that the Ent rate is more than 50% of the best Flexible. Since the Ent rate is in the drop down menu on the PC.com booking site, so long as it is not 50% (or more) off the Best Flexible, there would be no T&C to exclude. So Ent rates are not "non-qualifying" and even some properties that claim they are, post properly, according to the T&C's.
Very good suggestion. ^ Will do the screen print(s), just in case there's an issue with points/stay credit.

By the way, I know this has already been asked & answered by a few others on this thread, but how often have you been asked to actually show the Entertainment Card when checking in?

I recently purchased a new Ent membership (have intermittently been a member for the past few years), but don't have my new card yet -- takes maybe 2-3 weeks to get card & book(s), with regular cheap $1/book shipping option. Contemplating how risky it would be to book the Ent rate and show up without the card. Of course, I can print out email and web info showing that I am a member, but without the card, I am unable to obtain an actual membership number. (Already contacted entertainment.com customer service about this -- they responded that they cannot provide me a membership number & I have to wait to receive the card/books in the mail.)

(OBTW, I purchased the Ent books at 2 for $10 + $2 shipping, total $12, via Fatwallet; get $5 rebate -- eventually -- so net cost for 2 books is just $7. Even with only a few months left on them, not a bad deal. Other places such as ebates have deals as well, but the Fatwallet one was the best I found at the moment. Deal is good until Aug. 3, 2010 or books sell out.)
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Entertainment Card

Hello,
could you please tell me where I can buy that entertainment card and where is it valid?
Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Kathabene
Hello,
could you please tell me where I can buy that entertainment card and where is it valid?
Thanks!
Amazingly enough, the entertainment.com website is:

www.entertainment.com

As for "where it is valid," there are far too many things to list (restaurants, retail stores, travel providers, etc). Please just go to the website and read up. @:-)
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Does a card for Boston get the discounts at the hotels in Australia. The US book is way cheaper than the australia book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.