Entertainment Card rate [merged]

Old Aug 27, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Entertainment Rate

Actually, the Entertainment Card offers several options for staying at hotels. There is the more popular 50% off the rack rate, which according to the T&C regs is a non-qualifying rate and non-qualifying stay ("50% Travel Club discount rate").

As per T&C Regs:

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate........

There is also the "up to 20% off" regular non-discounted room rate using ID code 100219193.

Some hotels give points and stay credits for the 50% off rate, regardless.

mxm135
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Entertainmnet Card Rate?

Stayed at the Holiday Inn at Calgary Airport last week, and booked online using the Entertainment Card rate, as it was available and I'm a member. The stay was posted today, but it says this is a non-qualifying stay? How is that possible when IC's own site offered the rate?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:50 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Entertainment rates do not earn points/miles.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat Elite Royal Ambass, HHon Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hertz 5*
I have used the entertainment card rate a few times and never had that problem, I would call them on it. The rate is normally too good to pass up.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
From the Priority Club T&C (bullet #12):

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

We've discussed this many times before: the Entertainment Book rate is a Non-Qualifying rate. If you think the rate is "too good to pass up", you probably won't get points for it.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I seem to at IC's perhaps i have been lucky.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 8:30 am

I had several stays post within the last year as a qualifying rate. My last stay posted as a non-qualifying stay. I called and was able to get the points restored but I called the hotel that I will be visiting next month. They mentioned that they knew of no reason why this would not be a qualifying stay so it probably does depend on the individual property that is booked.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Good to know, as someone who just started lurking/posting in the IC forum I won't waste an opportunity to earn points.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 6:44 am
VIP

Originally Posted by superterp
I had several stays post within the last year as a qualifying rate. My last stay posted as a non-qualifying stay. I called and was able to get the points restored but I called the hotel that I will be visiting next month. They mentioned that they knew of no reason why this would not be a qualifying stay so it probably does depend on the individual property that is booked.
Yes, it depends on the property as I have run into this problem before. The "accountant" at a local HI told me that if the rate is at least 30% lower than normal, they don't give points. Of course, take that with a grain of salt as I have booked Entertainment rates in other hotels and received points for those stays.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
fwiw,staying at the IC Buckhead I got points using an EC rate that gave @33% discount ^
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Experience with Entertainment Card Rate at the Crowne Plaza Manila?

Hey Folks,

I'm going to be in Manila for five days in March, and I see that the Crowne Plaza has a good Entertainment Card rate. I'm thinking of staying at this hotel either way, but am wondering if anyone has any experience as far as earning points goes with the Entertainment Card at this property? The rate is better, but not good enough for me to forego points.

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:35 pm

Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly as the entertainment card rate is inherently non-qualifying.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Happy New Year !!!

PM me for the info of the Sales/Marketing Manager.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by martinp13
From the Priority Club T&C (bullet #12):

Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (“Non-Qualifying Room Rates”; “Non-Qualifying Stay”): net wholesale individual and group rate, package rate, employee discount rate, crew rate, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays or any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

We've discussed this many times before: the Entertainment Book rate is a Non-Qualifying rate. If you think the rate is "too good to pass up", you probably won't get points for it.

OK - hate to bring up an old topic - but I really don't see where Entertainment rate falls into any of this list - I don't think it is the 50% travel club? Is it? Other than that one - the only thing that might apply is the "anything else" catch-all at the end which really does not say anything....

Just stayed at a HI on an entertainment card rate - will just watch to see what happens...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I have received points from Entertainment Book rates on numerous occassions, from HIX to IC.

At a HIX near a job site, the Entertainment Book rate was $57/nt when the "regular" rates such as AAA etc. were closer to $99/nt. I received points and stay credit.

Basically, YMMV.

Onedog

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.