Wiki Posts
Search

RA referral value

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
RA referral value

I am THINKING read it again THINKING of putting my RA referal form in the coupon connection, I have done a search in there and not turned a lot of info up on its value.

Not been in a job that provides me with free hotel stays or even pays that well , I do all my own traveling out of my own pocket, and I am after some advice.

what would you ask for if it was you? I know cash is out out unless it goes on ebay as per FT rules.

All I really know is IF I did put it on CC I would want it to go to an established FTer for there contributions to the forums.

And please NO PM's saying you want it and so on, I have had enough of them already just for saying I made RA, IF I decided to trade it, it will go in the CC
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:38 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Without condoning/condeming the exchange of RA referrals - I think your best bet is to find someone here who is a regular at IC's but not enough to make RA. (o.k that sounds pretty obvious I know....). For such an FT'er the RA referall might be worth a few free nights worth of points?

Please don't give it to someone who intends to bring an empty suitcase for the mini-bar contents! It'd be nice if RA benefits were still there this time next year
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Given that Amex Centurian luggage tags regularly go for Ł100 or so on ebay, and IC free weekend night certificates go for a fair price, you may want to stick it up for auction.

Its probably worth Ł250 or so to me, as an occasional leisure traveller who would do 4 IC stays max this year, but it should be worth Ł500+ to someone who has a stay a month. Someone who normally books an executive room may pay even more, knowing they could go back to booking a very cheap room with a guaranteed upgrade.

Do a post on here to say you've done it and if anyone does want to bid then they can. You've paid your own way for your stays, so you should have no qualms about getting a few quid back for your trouble.

Are we clear about whether referred RA's can renew their membership without hitting any qualification targets? This would greatly affect what you it would fetch, in my view.

Last edited by RJB; Feb 8, 2005 at 10:25 am
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RJB
Are we clear about whether referred RA's can renew their membership without hitting any qualification targets? This would greatly affect what you it would fetch, in my view.
Yes, I have now spoke to 2 other agents and have there names, who say you only need to pay $100 to renew. I wouldn't consider trading it if I didnt think I could retain it with out a lot of spending
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:44 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by RJB
Its probably worth Ł250 or so to me, as an occasional leisure traveller who would do 4 IC stays max this year, but it should be worth Ł500+ to someone who has a stay a month. Someone who normally books an executive room may pay even more, knowing they could go back to booking a very cheap room with a guaranteed upgrade.
In assessing the 'value' of the referral, I would break it up into different components of it's worth to the receiver:
-A free wknd night cert
-Unlimited minibar access (including alcohol!)
-Suite/Exec room upgrade at booking
-Guaranteed 8am check-in (a godsend for those early morning arrivals to SE Asia!)
-Platinum PC level automatically (i.e. a 50% bonus on earning points)
-Automatic renewal of status with US$100
-Another referral form with their card

On an average 2 night stay at any IC as a RA my minibar condumption usually totals about about Ł30-40. (The L-P champers bottles which were replenished daily in the IC Berlin minibar last week were quite a treat. )

So I would quite agree with RJB that for someone who stays once a month or even 10 times a year at IC's, this voucher should be worth atleast close to Ł500.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Most of us have passed our referral cards on to other "worthy" IC forum FTers and never considered any merchantile aspects related to the invitation. But while you're on the subject, don't forget the 5K PC points certificate.

And while one does get PC Plat status, one must ultimately earn 60K points or stay 50 nights to requalify. Otherwise, even with three different IC-branded stays, you will not be able to renew RA, just AMBASSADOR, for the US$100.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
And while one does get PC Plat status, one must ultimately earn 60K points or stay 50 nights to requalify.
The RA benefits brochure I have says that Platinum level is "automatic" in the PC program due to the RA status. So I believe that as long as you are a RA you would have automatic Platinum level in PC (whether or not you stay 50n or earn 60k)..

Infact, is there any RA on FT who is not on the Plat PC level...??
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
The RA benefits brochure I have says that Platinum level is "automatic" in the PC program due to the RA status. So I believe that as long as you are a RA you would have automatic Platinum level in PC (whether or not you stay 50n or earn 60k)..

Infact, is there any RA on FT who is not on the Plat PC level...??

True to a degree, but the catch is that to maintain RA status, you must re-earn PC PLATINUM status AND have the three different IC stays. It is only automatic PC PLAT the first year you get RA status. From then on you can only requalify for RA status by having the minimum three IC-branded stays at different properties AND earning 60K PC points or staying 50 nights. This is not a perpetual thing, and you'd be dropped down to AMBASSADOR if you did not have the three stays, or only earned enough PC points for Gold.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
True to a degree, but the catch is that to maintain RA status, you must re-earn PC PLATINUM status AND have the three different IC stays. It is only automatic PC PLAT the first year you get RA status. From then on you can only requalify for RA status by having the minimum three IC-branded stays at different properties AND earning 60K PC points or staying 50 nights. This is not a perpetual thing, and you'd be dropped down to AMBASSADOR if you did not have the three stays, or only earned enough PC points for Gold.
Originally Posted by Dino2020
Yes, I have now spoke to 2 other agents and have there names, who say you only need to pay $100 to renew.
According to Dino2020, all you need is the $100 to renew and nothing else.

And the way I interpret the rules is that as long as you are a RA you are guaranteed Plat PC level automatically. (Atleast this is what the benefits booklet says in no uncertain terms).

I guess the disagreement comes from how one renews RA. Is it just the fees or is it the 3 stays in IC's etc etc...
Old Feb 8, 2005, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
According to Dino2020, all you need is the $100 to renew and nothing else.
This is true I called back and spoke to 2 different agents and have there names and asked
"do I need to requalify, or do I just pay $100 dollars to renew" there reply was "NO you dont need to requalify you just pay $100 or 20k points to renew"

I then asked "how do I renew" they said "you should get an email asking you if you wish to renew, if you dont get this call us before you status expires and pay with a credit card or with points"

I then asked "will I get another referral when I renew they said "yes"

I got the same replys from both agents.

The first agent said you have to requalify, I told both agents what the first one had said and they said" she must of been confusing it with platinum, you dont need to requalify"

Personally it does seem a bit odd that you can retain it for life for $100 each year, you could have more than that from a mini bar in one stay of a few days, but this is what I was told.

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; Feb 8, 2005 at 4:26 pm
Old Feb 9, 2005, 2:53 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Back to the original thread… I think some PC points could be a good deal for the RA referral. Personally I would be willing to pay 30-40k for a one time referral, which can be worth a few nights if spent on HIs.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gustaf
Back to the original thread… I think some PC points could be a good deal for the RA referral. Personally I would be willing to pay 30-40k for a one time referral, which can be worth a few nights if spent on HIs.

I think thats a little optimistic, 1 night at an IC in a basic room(reward night) for a years worth of free mini bar and room upgrades and platinum status, I am sure we all would of paid 30k points for one

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; Feb 9, 2005 at 6:38 am
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Dino2020
I think thats a little optomistic, 1 night at an IC in a basic room(reward night) for a years worth of free mini bar and room upgrades and platinum status, I am sure we all would of paid 30k points for one

Dino
I quite agree!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:22 am

Programs: VIRTUOSO Travel agent, Amex cent, FB Lifetime Plat.
So now that you have infos and our opinions about it Dino, what will happen to that damned coupon? ;-)
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
-Unlimited minibar access (including alcohol!)
-Suite/Exec room upgrade at booking
I did not see this listed in the T&C's on the web site.
Royal Ambassador Status: Royal Ambassador status is the highest level of status and entitles Priority Club® Rewards members to additional benefits at InterContinental and Forum hotels and resorts. Royal Ambassador status is granted to Priority Club® Rewards members by invitation and at Priority Club® Rewards’ sole discretion. Priority Club® Rewards reserves the right to limit the number members with Royal Ambassador status. Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit Priority Club® Rewards approval, may a reservation be declined. Early check-in (8:00 am) shall be available to all Royal Ambassadors. Upgrade to an executive room or suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in. In circumstances where an executive room or suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room or suite is available later on the day of arrival. Use of health club facilities shall be complimentary for Royal Ambassadors. Treatments such as massage, facials, manicure may incur charges.

Last edited by Markie; Feb 9, 2005 at 9:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.