RA referral value

Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by stef9152
So now that you have infos and our opinions about it Dino, what will happen to that damned coupon? ;-)

I honeslty dont know if it will CC or ebay

I have had many pm's

seems its worth to some people 150k pc points or 100k of reward flight miles, or over $1000 if I was to put it on ebay

I would like it to go to a FTer on the CC to be honest rather than the cash off ebay.

But with the cost of transfering so my PC points ie $500 for 100k

And I just dont know enough about rewards flights and so on, thats why I asked for what people thought they were worth.

Guess the reward flight would be the way to go business class seat to the US or something

Dino
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
I did not see this listed in the T&C's on the web site.
Royal Ambassador Status: Royal Ambassador status is the highest level of status and entitles Priority Club Rewards members to additional benefits at InterContinental and Forum hotels and resorts. Royal Ambassador status is granted to Priority Club Rewards members by invitation and at Priority Club Rewards sole discretion. Priority Club Rewards reserves the right to limit the number members with Royal Ambassador status. Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit Priority Club Rewards approval, may a reservation be declined. Early check-in (8:00 am) shall be available to all Royal Ambassadors. Upgrade to an executive room or suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in. In circumstances where an executive room or suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room or suite is available later on the day of arrival. Use of health club facilities shall be complimentary for Royal Ambassadors. Treatments such as massage, facials, manicure may incur charges.
It doesnt also say you get free ppv movie , welcome gift, fruit and water and so on either, though they are part of the package

Dino
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The only benefit to taking points or miles is that you might get a bit more for it, depending on how you value them. Most road warriors have an excess of the former but are not always the best paid people in the world. They may also not be so keen to explain to their partner why they've blown a few 100 on something intangible!

Accepting miles might be tricky because you may get stung over redeeming them (we all know hard it is to get BA premium seats to anywhere outside the US) and you have the hassle of sending the money for the airport tax over to whoever issues the tickets for you.

PC points could be useful but you already have a lot of those! And Starwood or Hilton points are useless given that you want to be an IC given your status.

Decisions, decisions ....
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RJB
The only benefit to taking points or miles is that you might get a bit more for it, depending on how you value them. Most road warriors have an excess of the former but are not always the best paid people in the world. They may also not be so keen to explain to their partner why they've blown a few 100 on something intangible!

Decisions, decisions ....
I know, its a tough one as I have made my plans for this year, USA with BMI in business and a couple of reward flights around Europe and have some certs for airport upgrades for them.

Also I was thinking whats stopping any one using the referral form to referr them selves when there RA status expires, new members and if you renew you get the referral form, keep it till the the membership expires and just renew your self, and do this each year.

I even if I do have to requalify, the agents said you dont have to, but if you do, I will have enough this year to make sure I requalify if I have too, so I figure I can let this cert go, and just try the above method if they dont allow I will just referr Mrs Dino so one of us is always plat RA
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:15 am
Original Poster

person A gets refferal form and signs up $150

11 months later give referral to Person B who signs up cost 150$ (which you pay)

2 weeks later person B gets a RA box with refferal form they give this to you

2 weeks later you sign up using refferal off person B when you RA status expires for 150$

RA for 12 more months

total cost
300$ a year to keep RA for life

Last edited by Dino2020; Feb 9, 2005 at 10:32 am Reason: I have the brain of Homer Simpson or FT is cracking up
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:27 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Dino2020
And if you have to requalify and the RA agents have it wrong...
At least for myself, I consider the value of this or any RA referral to be dependent on just this yet unclarified point--does renewal require meeting the normal annual stay requirements or is $100 annually sufficient? This is akin to the value of a one-year lounge membership to that of a lifetime membership. I don't stay enough in IC's in one year to warrant putting out something in the 100,000 miles/150,000 PC points range as others have offered. On the other hand, if $100 annually is all it takes to renew RA indefinitely, then that's a horse of a different color, and like a lifetime lounge membership, worth more.

11 months later give referral to Person B who signs up cost 150$ (which you pay)

2 weeks later you sign up using refferal off person B when you RA status expires for 150$

RA for 12 more months

total cost
This assumes that your partner is not going to at some point down the road find a new "partner" or decide they need some quick $/miles for a trip.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
This assumes that your partner is not going to at some point down the road find a new "partner" or decide they need some quick $/miles for a trip.
Person B = very very very trusted friend who might enjoy the benefits of Plat RA status
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:34 am

RA for 12 more months

total cost
Or at least until they wise up to this method...or jack up the prce....
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:27 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Person B = very very very trusted friend who might enjoy the benefits of Plat RA status
Crows dancing on telephone lines singing like the Beatles....

"I'll be your friend!!....."

This is a pretty funny thread!

-- Dambus
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dambus
Crows dancing on telephone lines singing like the Beatles....

"I'll be your friend!!....."

This is a pretty funny thread!

-- Dambus
You should see the amount of PM's I have Had

Dino
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
I have had many pm's

seems its worth to some people 150k pc points or 100k of reward flight miles, or over $1000 if I was to put it on ebay
Based on the interest expressed in Dino2020's RA referral, I'm beginning to realize that the real value of RA status may not be in the Plat PC or RA hotel benefits, but in the lucrative extra annual income/points/miles one can get from pawning the RA referral.

No disrespect meant towards you personally, Dino2020.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Based on the interest expressed in Dino2020's RA referral, I'm beginning to realize that the real value of RA status may not be in the Plat PC or RA hotel benefits, but in the lucrative extra annual income/points/miles one can get from pawning the RA referral.

No disrespect meant towards you personally, Dino2020.
No offence taken, looks like a close friend is going to have it now anyway, but yes from the PM's I have had and knowing how much people have paid for them in the past they appear to worth there weight in gold.

Dino
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
[QUOTE=AJLondon]In assessing the 'value' of the referral, I would break it up into different components of it's worth to the receiver:
-A free wknd night cert
-Unlimited minibar access (including alcohol!)
-Suite/Exec room upgrade at booking
-Guaranteed 8am check-in (a godsend for those early morning arrivals to SE Asia!)
-Platinum PC level automatically (i.e. a 50% bonus on earning points)
-Automatic renewal of status with US$100
-Another referral form with their card

QUOTE]

So as a referred RA I will receive all of the above? If so, it is well worth the $150 RA fee.

Is the renewal unlimited even if I don't reach 50 nights or 60K points in PC next year?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
And another one just went over on Coupon Exchange for an unknown amount of UA miles, or something similar. So much for the spirit of sharing for sharing sake on the FT community...
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:24 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
Originally Posted by AJLondon
In assessing the 'value' of the referral, I would break it up into different components of it's worth to the receiver:
-A free wknd night cert
-Unlimited minibar access (including alcohol!)
-Suite/Exec room upgrade at booking
-Guaranteed 8am check-in (a godsend for those early morning arrivals to SE Asia!)
-Platinum PC level automatically (i.e. a 50% bonus on earning points)
-Automatic renewal of status with US$100
-Another referral form with their card
So as a referred RA I will receive all of the above? If so, it is well worth the $150 RA fee.

Is the renewal unlimited even if I don't reach 50 nights or 60K points in PC next year?
Isn't it true that the newly referred RA would get all of the above, EXCEPT the additional referral form? I have just received an RA referral from a friend here on FT (thanks you know who) but haven't yet activated it. I called the line for a quick question and the agent told me that I would get the entire package as listed above and many times before, but WITHOUT THE REFERRAL CERT!. She said that I would need to qualify in the "normal" manner to get that.

When pressed on what's the "normal" manner she said, "Attaining PLT status (I assume via points or nights) and 3 nights in IC properties (not the same one either!). :-: When I asked about the $100 renewal she said that yes it will maintain RA AND PLT status, but still NOT entitle me to a referral cert! Make sense to anybody else?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.