Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
I stayed in the Intercontintenal Cannes in a suite.
Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....l-carlton.html
Nice pictures, Can I ask you what room did you book to get this upgrade and what suite was that?
thanks
Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:49 am

Booked standard room (deluxe) got an upgrade to this suite

Originally Posted by david-alexis
Nice pictures, Can I ask you what room did you book to get this upgrade and what suite was that?
thanks
I booked with weekend voucher for 190 Euros for saturday and connected the stay with a free night from sweet dilemma. Booked cheapest room and got this upgrade due to the fact that january is low low season. I was told that in the high season this upgrade would not be available.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:50 pm

Two questions on the Carlton:

Any recent stays, either in a standard or superior room? I'm thinking the suite discussed above isn't typical.

Also, we need to book a couple of rooms (two or three) for summer travel. The Carlton is both LHW and FHR. Aside from booking through Amex platinum, which I can do, does anyone have a good agent they can refer me to that might have pull with the hotel in terms of upgrades due to heavy bookings or similar? Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Pics of the new spa
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat
I was planning to spend 3 nights here in april. The plan was to burn my free night cert, use PTs for a night then pay for a night. I doubt I'll be upgraded since I'm just a lowly gold, so should I try and buy ambassador status? I hardly ever stay in IC's though so I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Any advice appreciated!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat
I was planning to spend 3 nights here in april. The plan was to burn my free night cert, use PTs for a night then pay for a night. I doubt I'll be upgraded since I'm just a lowly gold, so should I try and buy ambassador status? I hardly ever stay in IC's though so I'm not sure if it will be worth it. Any advice appreciated!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:24 pm

I booked a F&F rate for 6 nights in August, a classic room, I emailed the hotel inquiring about upgrades who replied:
"As an (she meant RA) Ambassador member, you will get a double upgrade from the Classic room which means it will be at least to an Executive Superior city view room. This is guaranteed. And if a Suite is available at your arrival, we will be pleased to upgrade you to the Suite."

A few days later I emailed her back, after I booked the room, with my booking number letting her know that my wife and I will be celebrating a very special occasion and would really appreciate to get a sea view suite. thanking her in advance...

We will see but to be honest I am a little afraid of the "exec sup room"...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
I booked a F&F rate for 6 nights in August, a classic room, I emailed the hotel inquiring about upgrades who replied:
"As an (she meant RA) Ambassador member, you will get a double upgrade from the Classic room which means it will be at least to an Executive Superior city view room. This is guaranteed. And if a Suite is available at your arrival, we will be pleased to upgrade you to the Suite."

A few days later I emailed her back, after I booked the room, with my booking number letting her know that my wife and I will be celebrating a very special occasion and would really appreciate to get a sea view suite. thanking her in advance...

We will see but to be honest I am a little afraid of the "exec sup room"...
I'm staying there in June and the response you've received worries me a bit as well. From a classic room the next category bookable throughout the year would be the exe sup city view. So, I don't see how this can be perceived as double upgrade
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Lebanese businessman Monaco Toufic Abhoukater has bought the InterContinental Carlton, with some other InterContinental properties (Amstel, Vienna, Madrid, Frankfurt, Budapest), which will be managed under the InterContinental brand.

He might consider the EUR 82 million of renovation planned for Carlton, but never committed due to lack of funding.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by boekel
I'm staying there in June and the response you've received worries me a bit as well. From a classic room the next category bookable throughout the year would be the exe sup city view. So, I don't see how this can be perceived as double upgrade
I might officially be screwed, After going back and forth I got the following lukewarm reply:
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.
We duly took note of your request and as a Royal Ambassador member you will get an upgrade to the Superior city view room for your entire stay, from August xxst to xxth 2011 and if a Suite is available at time of check-in we will be pleased to upgrade you to the Suite.."

I just thanked her and hope something else will come up at check-in. I don't think superior city view is acceptable as a 2 level UPG. Any advice?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
I might officially be screwed, After going back and forth I got the following lukewarm reply:
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.
We duly took note of your request and as a Royal Ambassador member you will get an upgrade to the Superior city view room for your entire stay, from August xxst to xxth 2011 and if a Suite is available at time of check-in we will be pleased to upgrade you to the Suite.."

I just thanked her and hope something else will come up at check-in. I don't think superior city view is acceptable as a 2 level UPG. Any advice?
I don't expect a suite, but would expect a sea-view room. If this upgrade doesn't show up two days before my stay online I think I'll give them a call challenge the situation and might spend the money elsewhere.

Especially as the RA T&C say, that one should at least be upgraded to an exec. room
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: M&M Sen, FB Silver
I stayed the Carlton Cannes for 2 nights during the Easter week-end. This was booked using the 2 free nights I got with the Sweet Dilemma promotion.

Based on the feedback on the forum, I was not very optimistic about the hotel. But I was happily surprised We were able to benefit from my Ambassador privileges (even if we were staying on Sweet Dilemma free nights promotion) and got upgraded 1 level. The room was better than I expected and it was very large. Our room did not face the sea but we could see it on the side from the balcony.

The service was also much better than I expected.

We did not took our breakfast there (35 Euros per person...) but had dinner at their restaurant once (taking advantage of the free wine vouchers). On Friday, they have a Lobster & Champagne menu and that was really very good (and good value)

Overall a very good experience.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by boekel
I don't expect a suite, but would expect a sea-view room. If this upgrade doesn't show up two days before my stay online I think I'll give them a call challenge the situation and might spend the money elsewhere.

Especially as the RA T&C say, that one should at least be upgraded to an exec. room
I too, don't like surprise when it comes to rooms, I rather be sure of a decent upgrade then having ot wait at check-in. We will see, I really hoped for an Ocean view suite but would settle for a decent size ocean view room.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:19 am

I too, don't like surprise when it comes to rooms, I rather be sure of a decent upgrade then having ot wait at check-in. We will see, I really hoped for an Ocean view suite but would settle for a decent size ocean view room.
Probably the chances are similar to getting a dragon view suite/room :-).
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lack
Probably the chances are similar to getting a dragon view suite/room :-).
IC Carlton is very generous with upgrades, but you cannot ignore that the hotel makes money only during summer season and festival time, when people have no problem to pay full price for suites.

So it is not so surprising that the hotel might not give you suite if they are already booked by paying guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.