Wiki Posts
Search

Account Disabled - What happened?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Account Disabled - What happened?

Hi all,

Need some help with my IHG account here. I was trying to log in today to make a reservation, and it shows that my account is "disabled" and I should call customer care. Has anyone seen this issue before? I was able to sign in less than 24 hours before this, when I was searching for some hotels. My last stay on this account was in June, for a point redemption. I haven't done anything that could be remotely abusive, so I'm really confused by this. Could it be that my account had been hacked?

To provide some reference, I could only think of two things that I did which could be suspicious on their end:
1. In August, I made 4 reservations that I cancelled only a few hours later, because I needed hotel reservations for a visa.
2. Yesterday, I switched between my account and my SO's account on the same laptop once or twice, to check on our point balance and free night status.

Could either of these activity lead to the lockdown?

Thank you!
8080 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm currently having the same issue with my account and have been on hold for an hour to resolve the issue. I'm assuming this is a system wide outage and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for posting this, much appreciated. I thought it was just my account!

Edit: still locked out on Sunday morning, 10 Oct 10:36 AM EDT (US based). On mobile account shows zero balance. Waited another hour for an agent and gave up.

Edit 2: restored account access this week by using Live Chat at 3:00 AM when the queue was short. Account access was restored very quickly by the chat agent. The missing points for a credited stay were restored this weekend. My account has now returned to normal

Last edited by 8080; Oct 16, 2021 at 6:07 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Oh gosh this's so relieving to see your post. I remember reading someone's account with 1.8m points being terminated last year, and I've been preparing myself for losing all my points. I also tried to call and requested a call back, which they said will come in 35 minutes. But here I am! 75 minutes passed and still no call back. If this's indeed a systemwide issue, I would also hold off on calling and wait for them to clear it up.

Anyone else can report if they can still sign into their account? My SO's account seemed to be fine, though.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Similar issue here, must be widespread
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Same here. Unable to get through to IHG on the phone
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:04 pm
wsc

Where are you guys based those that are locked?
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wsc
Where are you guys based those that are locked?
US
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I just checked my account and can login in fine. US based. Approx 2:45 PM ET.

--Jon
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:08 pm

My account was also disabled as of this morning. I was able to get through to a reservations rep who told me they are performing "system maintenance" related to their fraud system. She told me that they manually unlocked my account, however, now I get a difference message when I attempt to login (Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance.) I'll try again tomorrow. In US.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:37 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same here, SIN based. Another family members account is fine. Probably just the usual IHG (IT) incompetence, I'll wait a day or two and see if they can get their act together.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
My account also locked.

If this is a system wide issue then why the heck can’t the slap a message onthe web site saying so ??
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:55 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Mine did this yesterday morning. I'm currently at the Crowne Plaza IN Sheffield so with that stay looming yesterday, I jump on ihg live chat.
​​​​​
Was told it was a random security screening to keep my account safe which they promptly unlocked. Took about 10 mins in total.

Access completely restored.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Finally got through to IHG on the phone this morning, account unlocked after verifying usual personal info (name, DOB, address etc.). Weird but happy to have it resolved!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My US account has been disabled now for over 24 hours. Callback that was supposed to happen in 45 minutes never happened. Response on LiveChat was, our system isnt working right now, please try again later.

Well, my Hilton account is working just fine....which is where my next month and a half of bookings just went.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Just called the UK AMB line

Apparently this is a random security thng. They seem to think that I had 2 accounts that they needed to merge.

Something is definitly up at their end because they wanted an address I last lived in over 4 years ago.

If they have issues with peoples accounts then they need to email people!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.