FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   No more 10k bonus points rate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2033621-no-more-10k-bonus-points-rate.html)

bchandler02 Feb 4, 2021 1:38 pm

No more 10k bonus points rate?

Just noticed that a hotel I stay at frequently and use the 10K bonus points rate is no longer offering this rate. In fact, all they offered was my corporate rate, book now/pay later, and best flexible. They used to have multiple options and packages.

Is this a hotel level decision or is this going away - or perhaps related to the brand changes? Anyone else know of another hotel that typically had this that can be checked to see if it still shows?

Marriott15 Feb 4, 2021 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02 (Post 33016506)
Just noticed that a hotel I stay at frequently and use the 10K bonus points rate is no longer offering this rate. In fact, all they offered was my corporate rate, book now/pay later, and best flexible. They used to have multiple options and packages.

Is this a hotel level decision or is this going away - or perhaps related to the brand changes? Anyone else know of another hotel that typically had this that can be checked to see if it still shows?

Nope the hotel I stay at a lot still offers the 10k package. I have booked it 2 this week and its still available for weeks beyond.

I would go to the GM and let him/her know that you are upset they took it done. Maybe they will put it back up or do it just for you. I would deff reach out to them. If you do....please post their response.

pbd456 Feb 4, 2021 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33017330)
Nope the hotel I stay at a lot still offers the 10k package. I have booked it 2 this week and its still available for weeks beyond.

I would go to the GM and let him/her know that you are upset they took it done. Maybe they will put it back up or do it just for you. I would deff reach out to them. If you do....please post their response.

are the 10k bonus point package elite qualifying? how to find those hotels that offer these? i cant seem to be able to locate anyone in my search.

bchandler02 Feb 5, 2021 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15 (Post 33017330)

Thanks, I will ask them when I get ready to book my next stay.

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 33017350)
are the 10k bonus point package elite qualifying? how to find those hotels that offer these? i cant seem to be able to locate anyone in my search.

Yes, they are. It's a very fast way to reach Spire with just ~5 nights right now. I've never know a way to search for only hotels that offer this, I just notice it when booking some of them as an option. Not too many offer the 10k bonus, some have a 1, 2, or 5k bonus and the value usually isn't there on those.

I can get the 10k bonus at this property typically for $50 more. The way I look at it, a room is usually 15k or 20k points which cost me $75 or $100 - which is the average rate there. So, I'm basically just prepaying for a stay I would do anyway and reaching top tier status much faster.

lwildernorva Feb 5, 2021 6:55 am

I've found that sometimes, you need to check both the main website and the IHG app to see all of the rates. I frequently stay at an HIX with a 5K bonus rate (as well as 1K, 2K, and 4K rates--strangely, the 4K rate is more expensive than the 5K rate). I can usually find this rate on my computer, but every so often, it isn't a listed option. I've always found it when I go to the app although there are some other rates that I don't see in the app that I can see on the website.

I once booked a 20K bonus rate at the Indigo in Brooklyn. I had to contact IHG when the points were delayed posting, but once they posted, they all counted for Spire status.

bchandler02 Feb 5, 2021 10:20 am

I checked the app and it is gone from there as well.

Marriott15 Feb 6, 2021 12:15 am

There is no easy way to search for points packages. You have actually click on every single hotel and see what they offer. They are elite qualifying. I will say though sometimes when I use the 10k they don't post and I have to call/live chat with IHG to get them to post!