FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   milestone award and airline miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2033546-milestone-award-airline-miles.html)

pbd456 Feb 2, 2021 8:24 pm

milestone award and airline miles

Suppose I choose to earn airline miles for the stay, do I get the elite night credit in order to achieve milestone award?

It turns out that I will probably have 55k points for 9 nights already. and I need JAL miles anyways. So if i book a cheap night for the 10th night and choose to earn 500 JAL miles (which I normally transfer from Marriott). if the night is 40 USD, i would have earn 400 + 400 points which is 800 points, and then pick up 10000 milestone award. so could i get 500 JAL miles instead but keep the milestone award?

UKtravelbear Feb 3, 2021 3:18 am

So you have a 9 night stay you want to credit the points to IH G then a 1 night stayyou want to credit to JAL and want to know if that JAL night will count towards the 2k points for 2 night of stay offer?

Remember that IHG would regard that as a single stay despite it being two bookings.

No idea but TBH I really wouldn't mess about with the system like this as it could easily go wrong.

This is clause 52 from the Rewards Club T&Cs in the 'Loyalty Program Alliances' section

"All Stay activity within 56 hours prior to a Member request will be posted to the account of the last Loyalty Program Alliance requested."

I think you would have a timing issue as to when you switch from earning IHG points to JAL points which could mess up your IHG earnings as I could see the last two nights IHG points being sent to JAL as well as the very last night.

Sometimes it's best to keep these things simple. Personally in your shoes I'd just transfer from Marriott to JAL if you were desperate for JAL points.

craigthemif Feb 3, 2021 5:38 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 33013109)
So you have a 9 night stay you want to credit the points to IH G then a 1 night stayyou want to credit to JAL and want to know if that JAL night will count towards the 2k points for 2 night of stay offer?

Remember that IHG would regard that as a single stay despite it being two bookings.

No idea but TBH I really wouldn't mess about with the system like this as it could easily go wrong.

This is clause 52 from the Rewards Club T&Cs in the 'Loyalty Program Alliances' section

"All Stay activity within 56 hours prior to a Member request will be posted to the account of the last Loyalty Program Alliance requested."

I think you would have a timing issue as to when you switch from earning IHG points to JAL points which could mess up your IHG earnings as I could see the last two nights IHG points being sent to JAL as well as the very last night.

Sometimes it's best to keep these things simple. Personally in your shoes I'd just transfer from Marriott to JAL if you were desperate for JAL points.

I think the OP would already have 9 nights from elsewhere and is just wondering about adding one random night somewhere to get 500 JAL miles. (and whether miles-earning stays qualify for the promo, which I think they don't)

pbd456 Feb 3, 2021 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 33013226)
I think the OP would already have 9 nights from elsewhere and is just wondering about adding one random night somewhere to get 500 JAL miles. (and whether miles-earning stays qualify for the promo, which I think they don't)

THere is no night credit when the night is credited to an airline? Thanks