Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Monaco Portland becomes Sonesta!?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Kimpton Monaco Portland becomes Sonesta!?!

Was looking at possibly booking a stay in Portland for the holidays, and I was surprised that IHG in PDX is down to two: Riverplace and Vintage. The Monaco is now a Sonesta!

Bummer! Of all the their hotels, the Monaco has the best location in all of Portland! It is right at the city center, but somewhat hidden away that it's not on the main/ busy street, whereas the Vintage always have to have "guards" outside. The Monaco has a safe underground vehicle unloading garage while you just load your luggages at the sidewalk parking with the Vintage.

Not cool!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by hikouki
Was looking at possibly booking a stay in Portland for the holidays, and I was surprised that IHG in PDX is down to two: Riverplace and Vintage. The Monaco is now a Sonesta!

Bummer! Of all the their hotels, the Monaco has the best location in all of Portland! It is right at the city center, but somewhat hidden away that it's not on the main/ busy street, whereas the Vintage always have to have "guards" outside. The Monaco has a safe underground vehicle unloading garage while you just load your luggages at the sidewalk parking with the Vintage.

Not cool!
Unfortunately, only one of many hotels to become a Sonesta. This has been well covered in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.