No more 4th night free?

Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
No more 4th night free?

I'm an IHG Premier card holder and have made many reservations in the past where the 4th night cost was automatically deducted but I don't see that happening anymore, I just tried to make a reservation and it charged me the full points for all 4 nights. Did they quietly discontinue this benefit?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 6:06 am

No issue here, are u logged into your account?

Old Nov 8, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I assume you talk about 4th night free when booking on points. I did it 1-2 years ago.
I think if you book 4 nights on points it initially shows all 4 on points, and you are supposed to get back the points of 4th night after stay.
I had a diff situation. I had enough points for 3 nights and wanted to book 4, with 4th free.
Somebody published on FT a trick to book if you have enough points for 3 nights and want to book 4, with 4th night free.
Here is what I remember, I think: I booked 4 nights on money, then went and changed the Same reservation to 4 nights on points.
The result was 4 nights booked on points, 3 of them showing points pay and 4th night at zero points.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Guess it was just an overnight glitch. Back to normal for me now, but I was definitely logged in and tried several times on the website and app around 4am ET and it did not work. Had me a bit scared with all the no notice devaluations going around these days.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Must be a common overnight problem. Im trying to book a 4th night free pts booking now, and its trying to deduct 4 nights worth of points instead of 3.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Getting the same issue again; glad to see I'm not alone.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

As noted in another thread, I got a 4th Night Free just yesterday. I'm sorry you're having problems, and I hope the issue gets resolved soon.

How are you determining that you are paying for four nights? From Rate Details, I get information similar to what BaconSF posted above. Without that, I'm not sure how I would determine the fourth night was free.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
As noted in another thread, I got a 4th Night Free just yesterday. I'm sorry you're having problems, and I hope the issue gets resolved soon.

How are you determining that you are paying for four nights? From Rate Details, I get information similar to what BaconSF posted above. Without that, I'm not sure how I would determine the fourth night was free.
If the 4th night isn't free, the price breakdown shows the same price for all the nights, whereas when the 4th night is free, it displays with a 0 points price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.