3 consecutive 1 night award stays at same hotel, what to do

Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

3 consecutive 1 night award stays at same hotel, what to do

We have 3 consecutive 1 ngiht stays at the IC Boston. We are using chase free night certificates so they had to be separate reservations. One night is in my name and the next 2 nights are in my wife's name. We will both be staying and are both IHG platinum (yea IC doesn't care).

Should we try to link reservations ahead of time or just address it at check in? Is there any advantage either way for any shot at an upgrade? This is our first COVID trip so not sure if upgrades are any easier.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would just tell the hotel at check in about the other 2 reservations and it will sort it out so that it can effectively be 1 stay

Being not a paid night anf being an IC, I wouldn't be expecting any upgrade - if you get one, that is nice
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sometimes, in the old days of high occupancy and such, I would email the hotel in advance advising of the different reservation numbers and request the same room to be assigned. Shouldn't be so much of an issue these days, but it can't hurt either in my book. As others shared though check in should be able to sort it out as well. YMMV.
writerguyfl and Brendan like this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
We have 3 consecutive 1 ngiht stays at the IC Boston. We are using chase free night certificates so they had to be separate reservations. One night is in my name and the next 2 nights are in my wife's name. We will both be staying and are both IHG platinum (yea IC doesn't care).

Should we try to link reservations ahead of time or just address it at check in? Is there any advantage either way for any shot at an upgrade? This is our first COVID trip so not sure if upgrades are any easier.
Just send them a brief email including the reservation numbers. In similar siuations this worked for me.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Just send them a brief email including the reservation numbers. In similar siuations this worked for me.
+1. Have been doing this for years with IHG. Works just fine and eliminates any confusion at checkin. As stated above, just be sure to include the reservation numbers, and if you are using points or free nights across two different accounts, include the name for each of the nights. My wife and I have never had a problem doing this.
Brendan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.