Search

HIX Burlingame CA not running airport shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
HIX Burlingame CA not running airport shuttle

Staying tonight at the HIX South on Bayshore in Burlingame. Should have known the $70 rate would have some strings attached. When you search for hotels in this area, where all the IHG properties display, this property shows:
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
  • Wireless Internet
  • Business Center
  • Airport Shuttle
When you look at the individual property page:
  • Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service Available For :San Francisco Intl Airport
Adjacent to this is a link to "learn more" which takes you to this:

SHUTTLE
Shuttle information is not available

This means there is no shuttle. If you're planning a stay here in the future, best to check ahead and see if they're operating a shuttle., so you're not surprised like I was.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tom911

SHUTTLE
Shuttle information is not available

This means there is no shuttle. If you're planning a stay here in the future, best to check ahead and see if they're operating a shuttle., so you're not surprised like I was.
That seems odd. Airport-related stays and longer-term parking for travellers is the life-blood of an otherwise odd and oddly located property. Plus the shuttle served the nearby Holiday Inn as well. I guess the shuttle has been cut or reduced in frequency in response to the turndown in passenger traffic through the airport

I'm jus wondering if "no shuttle" a conclusion you came to from the "no information" message, or did you call to confirm?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:26 am
Original Poster

I'm staying at the property. Not only did I call from the airport, I talked to two different employees here (one who I had spoke with from the airport), including a manager that went over the website with me. I told her I would not be staying again in two weeks due to the misleading information posted on their website. Cancelled the second booking 5 minutes before I spoke with her. They need to do better with their website.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:52 am
Original Poster

For comparison, look at the Holiday Inn Express North in South San Francisco (you may be thinking of that one as there isn't a Holiday Inn in Burlingame). They have the exact same language/links as the one in Burlingame, including a link to the "learn more" page that says "shuttle information not available". One thing different here is that they have clear language on the front page of the property website showing this:
Special Alert!!! The ONLY hotel on the northside of SFO Airport with Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service! We are also serving our deluxe hot continental breakfast with a COVID-19 safe to-go option.
The HIX South in Burlingame should use that same section to post a special alert that the airport shuttle is not operating, or clearly spell it out somewhere else.

Just noticed under the FAQ for HIX in Burlingame they list this (something else they need to fix that is no longer correct):
Does Holiday Inn Express San Francisco-Airport South offer free airport shuttle service?

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco-Airport South offers free shuttle service from San Francisco Intl Airport. Every 30 minutes to and from the SFO Airport 4am to 12:30 am..

Last edited by tom911; Sep 22, 2020 at 8:59 am
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:30 am
Original Poster

I'm on board the SAMTRANS 292 bus to the airport. It stops across from the Grand Hyatt ($2.25 regular fare or $1 with my senior Clipper card) Saves me another $15 Lyft fare.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is something that should be made blatantly obvious upon booking. For airport hotels that historically provide shuttle service, or those that you would expect provide service, this is like a "This Hotel Does Not Provide Toilet Paper" or "This Hotel Does Not Have Hot Water" warning, so obviously stated, that you would trip over it.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.
tom911 and Calcifer like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold
If you were concerned why did you not call before landing in SFO?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotelboy
If you were concerned why did you not call before landing in SFO?
I wasn't concerned before I arrived at SFO. I'm concerned now. I also was not landing at SFO. I came down on BART.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I wasn't concerned before I arrived at SFO. I'm concerned now. I also was not landing at SFO. I came down on BART.
Take this as a lesson of
1- buyer beware
2-double check all arrangements before arrival
Just habits of a smart traveler.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
For comparison, look at the Holiday Inn Express North in South San Francisco (you may be thinking of that one as there isn't a Holiday Inn in Burlingame).

Yes, sorry - I was in fact thinking of the HIX, sort of across the road from the CP.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by hotelboy
Take this as a lesson of
1- buyer beware
2-double check all arrangements before arrival
Just habits of a smart traveler.
Number 137 of asinine statements putting onus on hotel customer for shortcomings of a hotel property. I do go along with calling hotel before booking and on day of arrival. Things change too rapidly with shuttle operations. Sometimes beyond control of hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.