New 2X Promotion from IHG

Old Sep 15, 2020, 8:30 am
Original Poster

New 2X Promotion from IHG

I just logged into my account and saw a notice about 2X on all points from October 1 through December 15. In addition it offered a 10K bonus for the first use of an IHG credit card. Not a very interesting promotion this time
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: HH, IHG, AA,
10K if you have a IHG Credit Card from Chase, I have one from Creation, no mention of Creation,

For cardmembers using an IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase, an additional 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded on your first qualifying stay during the promotional period at any IHG® Hotel and Resort worldwide.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I guess IHG came to the realization that traffic can't be stimulated in a significant way so save so the points. I am replacing some flying with driving so have a few interstate overnight stay needs, IHG is getting at least 1 for the credit card bonus.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:39 am

Quite disappointing. One cheap stay enough to max out the promo then.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:43 pm

Am I right in assuming a stay using my Chase Free Night cert does NOT count as a qualifying stay? Specifically thinking about the 10k bonus.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Am I right in assuming a stay using my Chase Free Night cert does NOT count as a qualifying stay? Specifically thinking about the 10k bonus.
Qualifying stays are paid stays costing at least $30.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by klanfa
Quite disappointing. One cheap stay enough to max out the promo then.
How do you figure?

These are the terms I see:
Originally Posted by IHG
You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance of staying, to participate in the “Unlimited Double Points 2020” promotion ("Promotion"). Upon registration members will be presented with the opportunity to earn bonus points upon completion of nights when paying Qualifying Rates (as such rates are defined in the IHG Rewards Club terms and conditions). Bonus Points will only be awarded from the base points earned with each qualifying stay. You must register for the promotion and book before December 15, 2020. This promotion is not available to residents of the Greater China region.

All Qualifying Stays (a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30) between October 1, 2020 and December 15, 2020 after registering for the promotion will be awarded double points. There is no cap on the total number of points awarded for the duration of the Promotion.

By clicking “click to register” you are registering for the Promotion. Members will be awarded bonus points based upon the number of nights consumed during the Promotion at IHG® brand hotels. Stays must be booked and completed before December 15, 2020. The bonus points earned during the Promotion can be used towards Reward Nights, can be redeemed for merchandise, or for other redemption opportunities. Bonus Points earned during the Promotion are not elite qualifying.

For cardmembers using an IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase, an additional 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded on your first qualifying stay during the promotional period at any IHG® Hotel and Resort worldwide. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for Promotion bonus points to be credited. For new Chase IHG Rewards Club Credit Card accounts opened during the promotional period, please allow 4 to 6 weeks after the promotional period for bonus points to be credited. The 10,000 Bonus Points cardmembers earn from this promotion are separate from points earned from credit card spend on IHG transactions. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. This offer is not from Chase. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your IHG® Rewards Club account and will not appear on your credit card statement.

For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points, or other benefits (if any) available under the applicable Offer. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the applicable bonus points, or other benefits (if any) available under the applicable Promotion. IHG Rewards Club Members with a Miles earning preference will earn Points. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for nights prior to registration in the Promotion. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for Promotion bonus points to be credited after checkout. This Promotion is subject to standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. IHG® reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion at any time with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® reserves the right of final interpretation of this Promotion. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the Promotional Period.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Given the current situation, I actually don't think this is such a bad promo. My current offerings are 2x points from Hilton, 2x points + 10000 (if I use my Chase card) for IHG, and a big fat NOTHING from Bonvoy.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:39 am

After 4x promo 2x is quite weak.
I considered getting 10k pts for 1 stay "maxing it out".
Bonvoy offers 2500 pts per stay + 5000 bonus for 3rd stay.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
What does "Double points" mean... Both base and elite bonus earnings are 2x? T&C aren't really clear
Old Sep 27, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got a 3 night stay next week which is the 30th Sep-3rd Oct. Would the two nights in October get me the points or not? Not sure as my stay starts before the promo begins.

Still waiting for the bonus points from the last promo I believe.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got a 3 night stay next week which is the 30th Sep-3rd Oct. Would the two nights in October get me the points or not? Not sure as my stay starts before the promo begins.

Still waiting for the bonus points from the last promo I believe.
No. stay would have to start on or after October 1
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yeyt I have points under previous offers like this credit for the nights that qualify even though my stay has started before the offer period started or ended after the offer period finished

Only got the points for the applicable nights though
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by klanfa
After 4x promo 2x is quite weak.
I considered getting 10k pts for 1 stay "maxing it out".
Bonvoy offers 2500 pts per stay + 5000 bonus for 3rd stay.

This must be a targeted promo. I haven't gotten anything from Bonvoy in months.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
I usually value 10,000 points at most $60 ( as you can routinely do the points + cash for 10k added for $60 ) so a roadside HIX in the $70-80 price range is almost staying for no cost if desire to earn some point ( 11,400 - 11,600 total earnings with spire bonus points and few hundred more for check in ). While obviously no travel for work anytime soon this is defintley something I'll keep in mind when looking forward to holiday travels. Not sure I'd really be excited about staying in an older HIX with the pandemic and everything, but will need to stay somewhere? Hopefully can find newer build or maybe good for one of the new Avid hotels - think they're like Hilton's Tru hotels which are simple & basic with wood flooring which might be good idea at current time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.