Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Valdosta GA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Valdosta GA

Stay Report - 8/26 to 8/27

Location: The hotel is located on Hill Avenue (US 221) just east of I-75. Nearby are a number of fast food restaurants as well as sit down chains (there's a Waffle House sharing the parking lot) and some gas stations. VLD Airport is about 15 minutes away and downtown Valdosta (which is surprisingly present) is ten minutes away.

Hotel: The hotel is a very pleasant new construction building. It has a large parking lot, well appointed lobby with a bar and restaurant and a small outdoor pool and seating area. There's also a sweet shop in the lobby. The restaurant and bar are currently open for breakfast and dinner and service there was incredible.

Check In: A friendly agent thanked me for being Spire and made sure I got my Welcome Amenity points.

Room: I booked a "Business Suite" which gave me a larger room with living room area complete with couch and TV, work space, kitchenette with Keurig and fridge and microwave and a larger bathroom. My only complaints are that the TV is really far from the bed and that if you're in bed the Wifi doesn't work.

I ended up very impressed with this hotel and the service I received here. If I was back in the area I'd gladly stay here again.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Valdosta is somewhat of a hidden gem in the south. Most people just associate it with a place to stop overnight while driving to/from Florida, but with a state university and an expanding downtown its actually a nice little day trip. It reminds me of Gainesville, FL.
writerguyfl likes this.

Last edited by sleuth; Sep 2, 2020 at 5:50 pm
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sleuth
Valdosta is somewhat of a hidden gem in the south. Most people just associate it with a place to stop overnight while driving to/from Florida, but with a state university and an expanding downtown its actually a nice little day trip. It reminds me of Gainesville, FL.
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my time there. It is indeed a very pleasant town, far better than Columbus where I usually stay (I have to go to Lumpkin, GA for work).
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:40 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Looks great, but what does the $5 per night "amenity fee" get you? And why?

I had thought about staying there on my last trip from FL, but my aunt was in Warner-Robbins and she had a large house, so I just drove there instead (she since moved back to Chicago as my cousin pointed out that there were more fast-food restaurant than churches there.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.