Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Luxury & Lifestyle Collection program updated

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ahh got it, thank you. That gives a good gauge. I wasn't necessarily looking in connection with the 3 nights offer, but in general for future planning I would want to compare IHG Luxury vs. our global corporate rate discounts (which usually gives 12-18% of BAR and includes breakfast for 2 pax) and see what works better.

Any upgrades provided under these rates would be in addition to Ambassador ones (at IC, Regent, etc.) or be the same meaning no extra upgrade beyond the 1-level as AMB?

Thanks for your insights shared.

Last edited by demue; Jan 16, 2021 at 9:03 pm
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Ahh got it, thank you. That gives a good gauge. I wasn't necessarily looking in connection with the 3 nights offer, but in general for future planning I would want to compare IHG Luxury vs. our global corporate rate discounts (which usually gives 12-18% of BAR and includes breakfast for 2 pax) and see what works better.

Any upgrades provided under these rates would be in addition to Ambassador ones (at IC, Regent, etc.) or be the same meaning no extra upgrade beyond the 1-level as AMB?

Thanks for your insights shared.
According to a travel agent at qxtravel.io those benefits are stackable. For a one-night stay, you would be entitled to +2 CAT Upgrade, 120 USD (20 Amb + 100 IHG L&L), breakfast, and so on... I haven't tried it personally due to COVID, so I can just repeat that this was the answer the travel agent gave me.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kimsbrand
According to a travel agent at qxtravel.io those benefits are stackable. For a one-night stay, you would be entitled to +2 CAT Upgrade, 120 USD (20 Amb + 100 IHG L&L), breakfast, and so on... I haven't tried it personally due to COVID, so I can just repeat that this was the answer the travel agent gave me.
Thank you, certainly sounds interesting then. Won't be able to put it to the test anytime soon either, but good for future trip planning.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by Kimsbrand
Upgrade would not be stackable.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The IHG Luxury & Lifestyle 3rd night free has been extended through the end of 2021.

Participating Hotels

Regent® Hotels & Resorts

Beijing

Phu Quoc

Porto Montenegro

Singapore

Taipei

InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts

Abu Dhabi

Al Ahsa

Amman (Jordan)

Amstel Amsterdam

ANA Beppu Resort & Spa

ANA Tokyo

Bahrain

Bali Resort

Barcelona

Beijing Sanlitun

Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa Bordeaux – Le Grand Hotel

Buckhead Atlanta

Cartagena de Indias

Cascais – Estoril

Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall

Dhaka

Doha

Doha – The City

Dubai Festival City

Dubai Marina

Dublin

Edinburgh The George

Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Fujairah Resort

Geneve

Hanoi Landmark72

Hanoi Westlake

Jakarta Pondok Indah

Koh Samui Resort

Kyiv

Lisbon

Ljubljana

London Park Lane

Lyon – Hotel Dieu

Madrid

Maldives Maamunagau Resort Malta

Marseille – Hotel Dieu

Melbourne

Miami

Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport Muscat

New York Barclay

Osaka

Paris – Le Grand

Pattaya Resort

Phoenicia Beirut

Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort Phuket Resort

Porto – Palacio das Cardosas Real Santo Domingo

Saigon

Saigon Residences

Singapore

Singapore Robertson Quay Sofia

Sydney

The Strings Tokyo

Vienna

Kimpton® Hotels & Resorts

Aertson Hotel – Nashville

Alton Hotel – San Francisco

Blythswood Square Hotel – Glasgow

Canary Hotel – Santa Barbara

Charlotte Square – Edinburgh

Cottonwood – Omaha

Da An Hotel – Taipei

De Witt – Amsterdam

EPIC Hotel – Miami

Fitzroy London

George Hotel – Washington Gray Hotel – Chicago

Hotel Born – Denver

Hotel Fontenot – New Orleans Hotel Monaco Denver

Hotel Monaco Philadelphia

Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh

Hotel Monaco Washington DC

Hotel Palomar Beverly Hills

Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Hotel Palomar Phoenix

Hotel Van Zandt – Austin

Maa-Lai Bangkok

Marlowe Hotel – Cambridge

Muse Hotel – New York

Nine Zero Hotel – Boston

River Place Hotel – Portland

Saint George Hotel – Toronto

Schofield Hotel – Cleveland

Shinjuku Tokyo

St Honoré Paris

Surfcomber Hotel – Miami Beach

Sylvan Hotel

Taconic Hotel – Manchester

Vividora Hotel – Barcelona

Hotel Indigo®

Bali Seminyak Beach

Dubai Downtown

London – Kensington

Paris – Opera

Rome – St. George

Seattle Everett Waterfront

Shanghai On The Bund

Spokane

Venice – Sant`Elena

Verona – Grand Hotel Des Arts

Williamsburg – Brooklyn

Independent

Hotel X Brisbane Fortitude Vly
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The 3rd night free offer through IHG Luxury & Lifestyle was extended at several hotels and resorts. Here is the updated list of participating hotels:

Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I feel punished!

No IC San Francosco and no Kimpton de Witt in Amsterdam

I noticed the SF IC wasn't included in the July 2021 list either but the de Witt was. Just wondering what the decision making process is for including / excluding.hotels
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I feel punished!

I noticed the SF IC wasn't included in the July 2021 list either but the de Witt was. Just wondering what the decision making process is for including / excluding.hotels
Each individual hotel has to opt into the promotion.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Each individual hotel has to opt into the promotion.
Am I right in thinking that the SF IC has come out of the L&L program altogether (as did the London O2 IC previously)?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Interesting that the Alpengold Hotel in Davos (former Intercontinental) is included in the IHG Lifestyle program and also offers a third night free - see post #36 - although they are not part of IHG anymore and do not offer any IHG related benefits...
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by Mr. LAU; Feb 17, 2022 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Interesting that the Alpengold Hotel in Davos (former Intercontinental) is included in the IHG Lifestyle program and also offers a third night free - see post #36 - although they are not part of IHG anymore and do not offer any IHG related benefits...
Haha, I was wondering the same. I was actually considering to stay at Alpengold in May, but they seem to continue their approach of closing after March Winter season fizzles out (like many other Swiss or Austrian Mountain Resorts) and then reopen a few months later again. So I went with the new Kempinski Palace Engelberg instead as they are one of the few ones that is open in May (and pricey it is ).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by lewincg
Am I right in thinking that the SF IC has come out of the L&L program altogether (as did the London O2 IC previously)?
Well I definitly had bookings at the SF IC in 2020 and 2021 booked under the L&L programme but of course that was last year (and I had to cancel).

Just noticed that the Willard in DC is not on the list either and I had a booking there for January just gone using L&L that I again had to cancel.

Of course as mentioned by bcosinteno they could remain within the L&L programme but just not want to be part of this particular promo
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Haha, I was wondering the same. I was actually considering to stay at Alpengold in May, but they seem to continue their approach of closing after March Winter season fizzles out (like many other Swiss or Austrian Mountain Resorts) and then reopen a few months later again. So I went with the new Kempinski Palace Engelberg instead as they are one of the few ones that is open in May (and pricey it is ).
We always stayed there during our summer holidays when in Switzerland. Too bad it has been closed in summer for the last years...
Thinking about also trying the new Kempinski in Engelberg this summer or once again the Chedi in Andermatt! Please report back!
And you are right - they are so pricey, especially with three kids
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
We always stayed there during our summer holidays when in Switzerland. Too bad it has been closed in summer for the last years...
Thinking about also trying the new Kempinski in Engelberg this summer or once again the Chedi in Andermatt! Please report back!
And you are right - they are so pricey, especially with three kids
OT hence only short note - check the Switzerland Luxury Hotels thread in FT about latest views on Chedi. For me personally, it wholeheartedly underdelivered (except hardware & views) for the ridiculous prices they charge. I'll try Kempinski, save some money and see what my GHA Titanium gets me (maybe a decent upgrade). YMMV.

​​​​

Last edited by demue; Feb 18, 2022 at 10:22 pm
Old Oct 19, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
IHG Luxury Lifestyle rate - suite upgrade?

Suite upgrade was said to be used on flexible rate. Anyone succeed in using suite upgrade on IHG L&L rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.