EU Hotels - Best Country / Beach Escape Hotels?

Old Jun 13, 20, 5:48 am
Original Poster

EU Hotels - Best Country / Beach Escape Hotels?

I have a big pile of IHG points to use, and saw that the redemption rates are going variable, so looking to see if there are any bargains to be had!
Looking to book a 3-5 night escape later this year. Not looking for anything in a city, but more countryside or beach, for a relaxing few days.

Any recommendations? The IHG website doesn't make it easy to search by type of hotel / destination / hotel brand combination, so I thought I would ask the collective minds on Flyertalk for your recommendations!

For example, something like the Intercontinental Cascais - Estoril Hotel near Lisbon. Next to the beach! Good for a short break.
Old Jun 13, 20, 12:06 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I love the Carlton in Cannes and plan to go the end of Sept/ early Oct. However on points the room might not be the best ,I'll book a deluxe and as RA hope for the best. The other costs in the hotel are def. not a bargain but the place is rather special
Old Jun 13, 20, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
I would also be interested in any resort (non-city center) destination, or at least hotels with leasure facilities (e.g. swimming pool) in a nice area.
I haven't found that many options so far.
Considering Montpellier and Naples/Salerno but I would be interested in other ideas.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yann; Jun 14, 20 at 4:26 am
Old Jun 14, 20, 8:17 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
IC davos
Old Jun 14, 20, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by cln View Post
IC davos
Unfortunately no availability until December.
IC Cannes also has no availability in August, but Holiday Inns in Nice and Cannes do.
Any preference between the 3 HIs ?
Thanks again.

Last edited by yann; Jun 14, 20 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 21, 20, 11:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Check the two IHG hotels in the Algarve in Portugal. I myself am staying at the Holiday Inn which is right on the beach, and goes for 25,000 points a night. There is also a Crown Plaza, too.
Old Jun 21, 20, 11:51 am

Thanks for your reply. I did not know about these hotels.
They unfortunately appear to be back to their normal points rates (at least for my dates this summer).
Old Jun 22, 20, 7:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, if you book 4 nights, you get one free. So, no, the HI is at its normal rate. But if you look at the cost of the hotel per night, and the fact it is right on the beach, I think it is a bargain. I've been watching this hotel for a very long time. The point rate has never changed. But the $ rate varies. I grabbed a 5th night and negotiated a deal with the manager so I stay in a nicer room the whole time by paying 20 Euros a night for the 4 nights. You missed the very short variable pricing window when the IC Estoril was 22,500 a night. If you haven't been to the Algarve, you will love it-its amazing!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: