Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Coronavirus: Extension of Ambassador Free Night Certficate

Originally Posted by Temedar
I wonder if they'll also extend the validity of the AMB Weekend certificate
I was going to start a new thread on this topic. Any word??? Mine expires May 31...not sure if our Governor will let me travel out of the county before that time (not to mention which Intercon properties will be open)
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
We have one expiring 1 May 2020 and were booked at IC Hua Hin but with the current health and travel situation plus Thailand making it pretty much impossible to enter (corona test verification not older than 72hrs, good luck with that) we'll cancel and no way to use anywhere else.

I fired off an email to IHG requesting AMB certificate to be extended by min. 6 months so it's on record at least. If they don't, no point to renew AMB as well for that account. Let's see.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
I had a booking using my Weekend Voucher for the IC O2 London for the 29th May, with my certificate expiring on 1st June.

I just received an email from the IC O2 informing the hotel is now closed and my booking has been canceled.
The booking is already removed from my account.

I'm not sure when these restrictions will end, but I wanted to rebook using the same certificate if possible.
It would give us something to look forward, and hopefully provide a little support to the hotel.

Obviously there are far more pressing concerns for everyone involved, especially the wonderful staff at the IC O2, who were the main reason we were returning.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by demue
We have one expiring 1 May 2020 and were booked at IC Hua Hin but with the current health and travel situation plus Thailand making it pretty much impossible to enter (corona test verification not older than 72hrs, good luck with that) we'll cancel and no way to use anywhere else.

I fired off an email to IHG requesting AMB certificate to be extended by min. 6 months so it's on record at least. If they don't, no point to renew AMB as well for that account. Let's see.
What email address did you use? And have you heard back?
My certificate expires May 1. I just tried the "help" chat online (which has worked well with other travel provider websites) but this one apparently uses a poorly programmed robot.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond
My AMB certificate expired February 1st, 2020. Could I try the certificate extend, or not?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rfrost
What email address did you use? And have you heard back?
My certificate expires May 1. I just tried the "help" chat online (which has worked well with other travel provider websites) but this one apparently uses a poorly programmed robot.
Initial email sent from Account (logged in) reporting "Other Issue". It goes to IHG Rewards Service Center, but of course no response yet. As everyone is swamped with requests these days I'll give it another 2 weeks or so (making it 3+ weeks) and if nothing comes back I'll send the same query again to the [email protected] Ambassador team (a sub-group of larger IHG Rewards Support) which hopefully will be more familiar with the request though I'm not holding my breath on any generosity from IHG.

If nothing comes through we certainly won't extend Ambassador at this stage. Ambassador expiry also still shows 1 May 2020 and no sight of the 3 months supposed extension announced a few weeks ago. We also receive prompts to renew Ambassador weekly at least, haha. Ain't going to happen right now. Time will tell.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Initial email sent from Account (logged in) reporting "Other Issue". It goes to IHG Rewards Service Center, but of course no response yet. As everyone is swamped with requests these days I'll give it another 2 weeks or so (making it 3+ weeks) and if nothing comes back I'll send the same query again to the [email protected] Ambassador team (a sub-group of larger IHG Rewards Support) which hopefully will be more familiar with the request though I'm not holding my breath on any generosity from IHG.

If nothing comes through we certainly won't extend Ambassador at this stage. Ambassador expiry also still shows 1 May 2020 and no sight of the 3 months supposed extension announced a few weeks ago. We also receive prompts to renew Ambassador weekly at least, haha. Ain't going to happen right now. Time will tell.
Thank you, demue. I've sent an email requesting an extension to the [email protected] address. I'll post back here if I have any response.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 7:41 pm

I was able to get a 3-month extension. When I log into my account, I see a new certificate with the new expiration date but I don't see any expiration date for my Amb membership.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
I was able to get a 3-month extension. When I log into my account, I see a new certificate with the new expiration date but I don't see any expiration date for my Amb membership.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Did you email, call, chat? Any specific channel you used or email address?

Also, for comparison, would you be okay to share when your FWNC was expiring originally?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
3 months doesn’t really cut it. Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott are automatically extending to at least January 2021 or later. IC needs to get on the train.

Last edited by Boraxo; Apr 3, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:00 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Did you email, call, chat? Any specific channel you used or email address?

Also, for comparison, would you be okay to share when your FWNC was expiring originally?
I sent an email to [email protected] and got a reply four days later. Now I can see when I log into my account that my membership as also been extended by 3 months. My original certificate expires in May, just like yours..
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
How about Ambassador status.... Is this being extended ?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:07 pm

Supposedly for 3 months, however it doesn't reflect on most people's accounts yet. Only has been 1+ month since IHG announced it, so who knows when they plan to get around to it.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
My status and certificate, which expired on March 1, both extended to June 1.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:39 am

I checked the account and still showing 1 May, oh well maybe IHG will get to it eventually. Overall I agree though that 3 months extension won't do it. I would even pay for a new AMB year (after the 3 months extension runs out), but only if I was going to get the current cert extended further, else no point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.