Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HadesNL
As of October 23rd, 2021, account activity [nights, credits] and IHG Rewards points can be earned and redeemed at the following Six Senses properties:
  • Six Senses Yao Noi, Thailand
  • Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
  • Six Senses Botanique, Brazil
  • Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam
  • Six Senses Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...enses-ihg.html
  • Six Senses Fiji, Fiji
  • Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Seychelles
  • Six Senses Kaplankaya, Turkey
  • Six Senses Ibiza, Spain
According to IHG, "further Six Senses properties will be welcomed to IHG Rewards over time."

IHG Rewards members receive the following benefits at participating Six Senses properties:

IHG Rewards members will receive a welcome amenity of an in-room wellness platter. If the hotel’s best flexible rate includes breakfast, then breakfast will also included on reward night stays for all IHG Rewards members.InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members will receive extra benefits, including:
  • Complimentary breakfast for two each day in the main restaurant
  • A signature amenity of either a complimentary 50-minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay
    • The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and will be confirmed upon arrival
  • Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and two-bedroom or greater suites/villas)
  • Extended check-out of 4 p.m. (subject to availability for InterContinental Ambassador members)
  • Early check-in of 10 a.m. (subject to availability for InterContinental Ambassador members)
    • In circumstances where the room is not available at 10 a.m., the hotel may check you into another available room until the room you booked becomes available
IHG has confirmed that all of the above benefits are available regardless of whether you book a paid stay through eligible methods or redeem IHG Rewards points.
Print Wikipost

Six Senses and IHG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:15 pm
nyu
Suspended
Original Poster

Six Senses and IHG

Just book the intercontinental hotel in Singapore and find two SIX senses hotels in singapore, quite affordable price

I love six senses Ko Yao noi but that is really too expensive.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
I recently wrote to Six Senses Duxton to find out the IHG Spire Elite benefits. Was pretty surprised by the 2 complimentary breakfast offering only for stays booked with IHG points. We are pleased to extend the following benefits to our IHG Rewards Spire Elite members:
  • Room upgrade upon check-in (subject to availability)
  • Daily breakfast for 2 (for Rewards Night redemption only)
  • Welcome amenity / Welcome drink
  • Late check-out till 2pm (subject to availability)
  • 10 points per USD$1 on qualified rates (not applicable for Rewards Night redemption)
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Frequently Asked Questions

Am I able to use my points to pay for incidental charges?

At this point, guests will not be able to use their points to pay for incidentals.

Am I entitled to my benefits if I booked via Online Travel Agents? Am I also entitled to earn points?

Members are not entitled to benefits and points if they book via OTAs.

Am I entitled to my benefits if I booked via wholesalers? Am I also entitled to earn points?

Members are not entitled to benefits and points if they book via wholesalers. However, members will earn points for incidental charges.

Am I entitled to my benefits if I booked under a corporate rate? Am I also entitled to earn points?

Corporate guests booked on qualified corporate rates will be entitled to benefits for their stay and will earn points based on 10 points per USD1.

Can I walk-in to make a booking using my points at the Front Desk?

No. If members intend to use points to make a reservation, they have to log in to IHG website to make the reservation.

How long does it take to credit the points to my account?

About 3 – 5 working days.

How many points would I be able to earn for my stay?

For every US$1 spend on room charges and incidentals, members will earn 10 points.

How many points are needed to redeem for a room in a Six Senses Singapore hotels?

For Duxton, it is 55,000 points for a Shophouse Room.

For Maxwell, it is 50,000 points for a Merchant Room.

Do I need to be present in order for the member benefits to apply?

Yes, the guideline is that the member needs to be present in order for the benefits to apply.

Does the membership benefit apply to all other rooms booked under the my name?

No. The benefit is only applied to the member’s room that he/she is staying in.

Would members on redemption stays (Reward Nights) be able to earn points for their stay and incidentals?

Members will not be able to earn points for the stay that is on redemption but would be able to earn point on incidentals.

Does Ambassadors enjoy the benefits like Guaranteed Early Check-In, Guaranteed Late Check-Out at 4pm, Complimentary Upgrades, Complimentary Breakfast, etc at Six Senses Singapore?

No. Ambassador benefits are only applicable at Intercontinental Hotels.

Does Ambassadors enjoy the benefits of Rewards Club members?

Yes. Ambassadors automatically become Platinum or Spire Elite member and as such, Ambassadors will be entitled to the Rewards Club benefits.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't recall exactly, but in the past at least I thought all paid rates at Six Senses properties included breakfast anyways, e.g. like Alila. So extending it for reward nights might hence be a more "natural' thing for them to offer. Not bad either way.

Just FYI, those two properties in Singapore were not planned / designed to be Six Senses originally so don't go there expecting the exact same experience.
nismo240ssx likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
I understand that Six Senses Duxton was supposed to be The Luxury Collection Duxton, by Marriott International.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
I cannot comment on duxton, but I stayed at the Maxwell, around the corner (which is literally 3 minute walk around the corner).

It was a paid stay, but no welcome amenity and no acknowledgement of status. Regardless, people staying at the Duxton or Maxwell should know that the rooms are extreeeeeeeeeeeeeemely small, even when upgraded. The Andaz Hyatt is probably a better choice unless you really want to stay in the Chinatown area.
Old May 31, 2020, 4:36 pm

Points redemptions at Six Senses

Hi,
Is is possible to use IHG Rewards Club points for award stays at Six Senses? I have checked online several properties but none of them show point stays available. Thanks
Old May 31, 2020, 7:02 pm

I don't think it's available yet to book Six Senses properties with ihg points yet. It just says " coming soon" for all but the two properties listed above.

I'm eagerly awaiting it as well for the fiji property. But ihg just went to a dynamic chart too so we don't have a baseline for six senses. Probably see some crazy award night costs I'm guessing.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The two Singapore ones, and Istanbul, are bookable on points. None of the resort ones, however.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
The two Singapore ones, and Istanbul, are bookable on points. None of the resort ones, however.
The two Singapore properties have been deflagged and are now being used as Singapore government quarantine facilities.

So the only bookable Six Senses property on points is Kocatas Mansions now.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Didn't know the Singapore properties were deflagged - that was fast. Is this permanent?

Funny thing about those two properties: Satinder Garcha, the owner of both properties, was planning to open both properties under what was Starwood's Luxury Collection [his other hotel in Singapore, the Vagabond Club, was signed on to Starwood's Tribute Portfolio]. When Starwood was acquired by Marriott, he was put off by the idea of being part of a faceless corporation, so he exercised an exit clause in the Luxury Collection contract for the Duxton/Maxwell properties and signed with Six Senses after meeting one of their development heads at an event. I always wondered what he thought when Six Senses was acquired by IHG... but perhaps this deflagging, if permanent, might be tied to that general emotion of not wanting to be part of a hospitality giant.

khabah
Old Jun 5, 2020, 7:06 am

Looks like both Singapore properties are officially deflagged as of May 31st: link here, with no reason or plans for the properties given. They should never have opened as Six Senses, in my opinion - they're both beautiful hotels, but just not the right fit for the brand.

khabah
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:40 pm

Has anyone heard anymore about the further integration of Six Senses into IHG?

I guess it’s probably not top of the pad at IHG HQ right now but I’d love to be able to redeem points at some of the hotels.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Nylon
Has anyone heard anymore about the further integration of Six Senses into IHG?

I guess it’s probably not top of the pad at IHG HQ right now but I’d love to be able to redeem points at some of the hotels.
My feelings are the same. Some of their hotels look fantastic
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:18 am

I spoke to a manager at InterContinental Doha at the end of last month as to when or if IHG would bring Six Senses onto the IHG platform, and he told me that IHG plans on keeping Six Senses distanced from the main portfolio for the time being. I wonder when Six Senses might, or ever, join IHG Rewards. Following their pathetically lazy rebranding effort [have you seen their updated app? Wow. Just replaced the orange logo with the new one and that's it. No Apple Wallet functionality, no new look, nothing. Makes me wonder why they bothered in the first place.], I was hoping to see some integration but it's still crickets so far.

khabah
Old Mar 31, 2021, 11:55 am

Good news: LoyaltyLobby is reporting that the first few Six Senses properties are now available for earning points! They are:
  • Six Senses Yao Noi, Thailand
  • Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
  • Six Senses Botanique, Brazil
  • Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam
  • Six Senses Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
  • Six Senses Fiji, Fiji
Redemption will be available from April 27th.

Excellent - looking forward to the next tranche of properties!

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.