Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planning to book 10 rooms for one night at IHG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Planning to book 10 rooms for one night at IHG

We have a family reunion happening later this year and i have booked 10 rooms for same night under my name with my IHG points. I have added my family member's name under "additional guests" tab when booking Should i expect any drama when checking in? I want to make sure there are no issues for my family and friends during the day of the actual stay.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by poisonsag
We have a family reunion happening later this year and i have booked 10 rooms for same night under my name with my IHG points. I have added my family member's name under "additional guests" tab when booking Should i expect any drama when checking in? I want to make sure there are no issues for my family and friends during the day of the actual stay.
I had same situation, but it was all good.
Just to be safe, maybe you can call the hotel and inform them (and give them the name list).
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WElyot
I had same situation, but it was all good.
Just to be safe, maybe you can call the hotel and inform them (and give them the name list).
Thanks. Can you book multiple rooms generally at ihg with points though?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:19 am

If it were me, I would be concerned that my participation in the trip is mandatory. If I got sick or otherwise could not come, the whole batch of rooms could be in jeopardy. I would try to find some way to get the rooms assigned to others so that the show could go on in the case of a flight delay/cancellation.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
No, you can only reserve 1 room with points
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: M&M Senator, IHG Spire Elite
I am not sure, as I booked in the hotel multiple rooms in paralel via points and it was not a problem at all...
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:03 pm

I've had several stays in various countries ​​​​​​where I have booked 2-3 rooms on points.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire for what its worth
Id be upset at all those points lost because they are overlapping stays if paying.

I've booked (in the uk) two rooms per night on points without hassle in the past.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:46 pm

The best source of information is the Terms and Conditions of the frequent guest program.

"52. Reward Night reservations may be booked for multiple hotel rooms (up to 9) on the same stay date at the same property, provided the IHG Rewards Club Member number is recorded on each reservation, the required Points are redeemed for each room, and there is available inventory."
Source: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...c#rewardnights

If I were you, I'd contact the hotel ASAP and let them know your intent. Since you are over the limit on the total number of rooms, I'd be prepared to go with 9 rooms on points. Many hotels do not like having the same guest name attached to multiple reservations. Be ready to provide a rooming list with the names of the adults in each room.
Often1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.