Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For discussion of this topic starting in 2019, see The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Kimpton Vero Beach: $35 credit

Asked about it at check-in to no response, asked again the next day to confused looks until another front desk agent reminded him "social media password," and then they informed me I would receive a $35 credit. Very nice...fun promotion!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:09 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Hotel Eventi New York

A very small wicker basket with 10 pieces of Bubble Gum, a travel size sunscreen, a travel size Aloe Gel and a tube of chapstick.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by GB
A very small wicker basket with 10 pieces of Bubble Gum, a travel size sunscreen, a travel size Aloe Gel and a tube of chapstick.
Did the front desk run into the back office and toss stuff in the desk drawer into the wicker basket? LOL

The "amenities" seem more useful for south Florida rather than NYC...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:41 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Did the front desk run into the back office and toss stuff in the desk drawer into the wicker basket? LOL

The "amenities" seem more useful for south Florida rather than NYC...
Given the other experiences at other properties, this was just laughable. The entire contents cost the hotel less than $2.00. They would have been better off not participating.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Certainly, I'm grateful that the "secret password" is even still a promotion given how cheap IHG is with regard to redemptions and their properties in general. Second, I certainly prefer local amenities such as the rum and coke mixers with snacks at the Surfcomber or the various Vermont delicacies at the Taconic over say free parking or free breakfast (boring); but I have to agree: the contents are kind of a joke. Hopefully this was a one off.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Did the front desk run into the back office and toss stuff in the desk drawer into the wicker basket?
They'd never do that, nope!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Spun the wheel at the Palomar in LA, ended up with a $15 bar credit.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Picked a shovel out of a bucket at the Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh and got a bottle of rosé
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:48 pm

Palomar Chicago - plastic branded cup with branded sunglasses inside. I politely declined both.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Muse NYC: They have a wheel you spin -- received the "pick anything". It was hard to read all the options but decided on breakfast one morning. This is a pretty good value since breakfast is a bit expensive in NYC hotel restaurants.

NOTE: This was a Kimpton free night award.

Last edited by bworrell; Jul 21, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:49 pm

Any experience using the secret password on an awards stay? Still applicable?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:46 am

Definitely works with award stays. I’ve had success at several Kimptons all over the country. (Everly in LA, Gray Chicago, Buchanan and Sir Francis Drake in SF, Ink48 in NY)
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:44 pm

Kimpton Monaco DC

July 15 offered choice of 10 cent branded novelties including thin beer cozy, thinner visor and other plastic ware. Hard to say who was embarrassed more - desk agent or me. Declined.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Hotel Monaco SLC -- Stay #1 Free Valet Parking (worth $24/day), Stay #2 Free Breakfast ($30 F&B Credit), Stay #3 $50 F&B Credit

It's easy to find free parking in SLC on the weekend, so suggest you ask for F&B credit - they're very flexible and will ask what you want.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Hotel George, Washington DC
Offered $20 mini bar credit, $25 credit in Bistro Bis or half price parking. I was pleased that that offered something substantial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.