Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:57 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Well, I spoke too soon. I just tried again now and successfully registered for the promo. There was an ad for the promo as soon as I logged into my IHG account. Guess it just hadn't been loaded into my profile yet when I tried the first time.

--Jon
Same ad on the ihg app too now.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Modo
Is this - as I suspect - targetted at the 1000 point only accelerator recipients?
No. I got the offer, and I was not in the 1,000 point only group.

Anyone seen anything that indicates the bonus points are elite qualifying? I would be stunned, but stranger things have happened with IHG...
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Thanks, the 37176 promo code works for me.
So, the Bonus program will start after Dec 15 2019?

I have 8 stays to go on November, booked last month. Will it be count for this program?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by hotelboy
And what evidence do you have of this?
Economics 101
jn in ca likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: NZ
This is obviously targeted. I am registered in NZ and have nothing in my Offers page either on the website or the app and haven't received an email. I am slightly wary to register using the promo code mentioned above as I had a previous experience of registering via a blog link only to find I didn't qualify.

I'll wait a few days and see if the offer appears - if not I will register using the promo code and see if a stay 2-4 November triggers the first bonus.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by indrawnrt

I have 8 stays to go on November, booked last month. Will it be count for this program?
To me, it says that any stays as of TODAY count if you register....but if you don't register by Dec 15 then you are SOL...LoL!
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

You must register and book before 15th December and stay until sometime in January.

Yes as long as you register before your stay and before 15th December you should get the points.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bob12403
No. I got the offer, and I was not in the 1,000 point only group.

Anyone seen anything that indicates the bonus points are elite qualifying? I would be stunned, but stranger things have happened with IHG...
No they are not elite qualifying points. However, there is a Kimpton annual sales currently, that if you book the annual sale fare in Kimpton properties you can get double Elite Qualifying points.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
got it, signed up.. have quite a few stays at IHG coming up in Asia..
points baby points....
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Ok - so I'll ask this to be specific - do you have to book and stay after Registration (I have), or are bookings made before Registration included?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chongcao
You must register and book before 15th December and stay until sometime in January.

Yes as long as you register before your stay and before 15th December you should get the points.
just got this reply from ihg, u need to book after sign up to this promotional offer, that sucks
----

Please note that the 'Up To 4X' Offer requires prior registration in order for stays to qualify. Our records show that your account was registered to the Promotion only today 25 October 2019. While the upcoming stays in question were booked prior to 25 October.

I'm sorry about this Mr. Xxx

Not to worry though, I show you're a frequent guest at IHG Hotels. I'm confident you'll be able to fulfill the Promotion criteria before it ends on 31 January 2020.

-----
it sucks....
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:52 am

just got this reply from ihg, u need to book after sign up to this promotional offer, that sucks
----

Please note that the 'Up To 4X' Offer requires prior registration in order for stays to qualify. Our records show that your account was registered to the Promotion only today 25 October 2019. While the upcoming stays in question were booked prior to 25 October.

Not to worry though, I show you're a frequent guest at IHG Hotels. I'm confident you'll be able to fulfill the Promotion criteria before it ends on 31 January 2020.

-----
it sucks....
I suspected as much. As all my rooms are booked in my husband's name - he is old enough for Senior Discount so we can rebook and cancel the originals. A bit of a chore - but doable.
(I am, of course, years younger than him. )
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
----

-----
it sucks....

That's quite a change from past promos. I guess I will be cancelling and rebooking all my upcoming stays. Too bad about the one with the non-refundable deposit.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

----

-----
it sucks....
Sometimes it is better not to believe in the words of customer service. The Terms and Conditions is very clear that booking after registration is not required. The only part concerning the booking and staying is
Stays must booked by December 15, 2019 and completed by January 31, 2020.

If IHG is to tell you that you must book at certain period (i.e. after registration), it would do so like the current Kimpton Annual Sale or 50% Luxury Bonus Points promotion (well sort of compare apple to oranges from my part, but ...).

I know one has to be safe and not to assume. Yet I think the best way is to wait for registered user to report back after their experience to see if their prior reservation had been honored or not. As it is not defined in the terms and conditions, I encourage flyertalkers who did not receive bonus points to argue their case.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao

I know one has to be safe and not to assume. Yet I think the best way is to wait for registered user to report back after their experience to see if their prior reservation had been honored or not. As it is not defined in the terms and conditions, I encourage flyertalkers who did not receive bonus points to argue their case.
You are probably correct - but I prefer to be safe rather than sorry. Arguing after the event is sometimes extremely frustrating. I'm going to rebook and cancel the originals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.