Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Unlimited double bonus points on top of Accelerate until 31 December 2019

Old Oct 12, 19, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bon Titanium, Accor Platinum (former IHG Plat Ambass - quit after 13 years)

Got an offer last month via email for unlimited double bonus points on top of Accelerate until 31 December, 2019.

Email stated:

Now, starting with your second stay, earn unlimited double bonus points.
Register by 18 October to earn unlimited double bonus points at IHG hotels worldwide when you book, stay, and complete your personalized Accelerate offers by 31 December, 2019.

I registered back in September, had 2 seperate stays, and just got normal points for my 2nd stay.
Double points were missing.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Terms and cnnditions in email state the following:

Terms and Conditions

You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in the promotion ("Promotion"). Upon Registration (as defined below), members will be presented with the opportunity to earn bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. You must register for the promotion by 18 October, 2019. By clicking “one click registration” you are registering for the promotion and agreeing to receive IHG Rewards Club marketing communications and the terms and conditions of the Campaign and Privacy Statement. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed by 31 December, 2019. Only members that qualify for this promotion as defined by IHG Reward Club’s terms and conditions can participate in this promotion. Registered members are not allowed to participate in concurrent campaigns.

Does this mean, you do NOT get double points after 2nd stay ?
Do you have to finish all accelerate challenges before you get any double points at all ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Oct 12, 19 at 3:40 am
Old Oct 15, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: IC RA / Marriott PP+Amb / WOH Globalist / SA Gold
I contacted IHG and they said it would take a couple of weeks to deposit. I will wait and see.

Last edited by scienm; Oct 16, 19 at 12:53 am
Old Oct 16, 19, 3:38 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by scienm View Post
I contacted IHG and they said it would take a couple of weeks to deposit. I will wait and see.
Yes, u need to wait for min 4 weeks to get the bonus point (from this double point promotion).

I just got it after 4 weeks and i just finished my other stay.

Contacted IHG for this and they said i need to wait or 6-8 weeks.
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:07 am

Programs: HH, IHG, MH
Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout. ...
Unlimited Double Points with Accelerate: landing page & terms
Triple Your Points with Accelerate: landing page & terms
Old Oct 16, 19, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Haven't got any extra points for any of my stays yet - weird because most accelerates you get them when you get your normal stay points.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: