Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Williamsburg (Brooklyn, NY) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Indigo Williamsburg (Brooklyn, NY) Master Thread

According to their website, the Hotel Indigo Williamsburg (in Brooklyn, NY) has now opened. Anyone stayed there at all yet? I have an upcoming one-night later in August and should be able to report back.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I saw this hotel too and booked for 5 nights on October.
It looks nice and parking is reasonable.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
And is still 30.000 points/night. Seems good deal for NYC. Guess soon will rise.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Interesting. I had no idea this existed. Pretty cheap!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I've returned from a one-night stay. We stayed in a King bed skyline view room. The room itself did indeed have a view of parts of the Manhattan skyline (the Empire State Building was in good view), although you are also directly overlooking the highway as well. Although close to the roadway, the room was still pretty quiet. At less than $180 (or 30k points/night), I think it was a pretty good deal for the Summer.

The hotel itself is very nice on the inside, with a very large bar/lobby area downstairs. Checkin was smooth and efficient. The outside pool deck is on the 4th floor and also somewhat overlooking the highway. The pool itself is definitely much smaller than they make it seem on the website. There are only like 10 chairs as well and when we went every single chair was taken. I would not book this hotel with grand plans of being out by the pool all day. We weren't interested in swimming anyway, so it was no big deal. There is a nice poolside restaurant/bar/lounge that was completely empty when we went. There definitely still seems to be some work being done in the hotel, as you can see maintenance workers entering rooms frequently. We did not experience any loud noises or anything like that though.

Location here is key. Literally right next to a G stop, and very very close to the L as well. However, many people may find this area to be a little "rougher" than expected, particularly if you are used to staying in Manhattan or the more trendy area of Williamsburg. I actually prefer this area to most of the touristy areas, however. This is more on-par with the area surrounding the downtown Brooklyn Indigo. Overall though, I much prefer this location's proximity to Greenpoint and Williamsburg, and away from the craziness of areas like Times Square or Midtown. I also greatly prefer this Indigo to the Downtown Brooklyn Indigo, both in terms of the hotel itself, and the location.

We did not park a car but the garage is connected to the hotel, and I think it is "only" $30/night right now. I'd imagine that will increase eventually.

Overall I will consider this as a personal top option (perhaps even THE top option) for future stays for which Manhattan would be inconvenient or annoying.
Graf von B likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriot and SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Just checked in and checked out same night

Just stayed here. They’ve been open for a month.

Called a day before about a special occasion (anniversary) and they said they notate it. During check in, nothing was mentioned. Wasn’t offered an upgrade from king city view I booked (plat with IHG), but upon asking, I was able to get a suite.

Hotel is very new and nice, kinda decorated like a ikea showroom, but nice nonetheless. Pool is super lame and tiny with very few chairs.

I could not get more than 2mbps on “high speed internet”. Phone technicians and engineer onsite could not help me get faster internet, although one manager did the best he could do try to figure out a solution.

Had to leave because i had loads of work to do and couldn’t work with internet speeds like that.

Hope this hotel gets it together. Great potential!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Lazer Weiss

Called a day before about a special occasion (anniversary) and they said they notate it. During check in, nothing was mentioned. Wasn’t offered an upgrade from king city view I booked (plat with IHG), but upon asking, I was able to get a suite.

Hotel is very new and nice, kinda decorated like a ikea showroom, but nice nonetheless. Pool is super lame and tiny with very few chairs.

I could not get more than 2mbps on “high speed internet”. Phone technicians and engineer onsite could not help me get faster internet, although one manager did the best he could do try to figure out a solution.

Had to leave because i had loads of work to do and couldn’t work with internet speeds like that.

Just curious, why would you be working on a special occasion like your anniversary? Seems a bit of a contradiction to need high speed Internet for work and also be celebrating a special occasion like an anniversary at the same time. I get it 2mpbs is pretty sluggy Internet. Unless there was something involving the Internet you wanted to do with your spouse while celebrating, I don't know why you even noticed. Off Soapbox....

--Jon
Nirvana91 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Lazer Weiss

Thanks for the info! Was there any compensation offered/agreed on to make up for the issues?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:11 am
SBT

I just stayed in this hotel this week for two nights. 30,000 point redemption is a good deal. Staff is extremely helpful. Got upgraded to a suite. Very nice room and bath. Convenient lobby with newspapers and garden setting directly outside hotel lobby. Very convenient to two subway lines with entrance steps away from subway. 2 subway stops away from Manhattan on the L train. Excellent diner (Kellogg's Diner) next to hotel. Supermarket across the street along with local convenience stores. Neighborhood has been gentrified. I felt very safe.
On the negative side, the hotel still has some bugs that need to be worked out. Elevator didn't operate for part of one day. TV in living room went blank while watching it. Hotel is all computerized, digital and ultra modern. Good luck figuring out how to turn on the light.
Would definitely stay here again. I expect the 30,000 per night reward redemption rate won't last long.
jongesander likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Pic is of the King City View room. (There's a chair in the corner you can't see as well as as a window facing the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway. Looking out, you get a glipse of the Manhattan skyline and, particularly, the Empire State Building.)

Hotel is a steal for 30k. It's not completely quiet due to traffic noise from the Expressway. Earplugs recommended, but I've had worse.

The room size is very decent for NYC. I like the location. The subway (L and G) is directly next to the hotel.

Note that currently, the L runs only on one track during nights and weekends. During those times, the trip to Manhattan takes a little longer than usual.

Last edited by FlyerTalker324193; Nov 16, 2019 at 10:32 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I have an upcoming 2-night stay this weekend. Happy to report that points redemptions are still 30k/night for now. I didn't get the greatest value since I still booked a points stay even though rates are pretty low this Winter. Still ended up around 0.5 cpp though. Regardless, not having to pay any cash is nice. Will report back if there is anything out of the ordinary or different from any of the other reports above.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond
Booked two reward nights in May (30k per night, king city view), hoping to see more reviews
Old Mar 21, 2021, 1:07 pm

Any word what's going on here? I live in the neighborhood and trying to book for family. Scammy OTAs have it bookable, but IHG doesn't. I called and their voicemail says it is "temporarily closed". Hmmm.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:46 pm

Tried doing dummy bookings on the IHG app and it wasn’t letting me book till winter December 2021. Surely it can’t be closed for that long, but as of now, there are still lots of hotels closed because of the virus with no clear reopening dates. This could be one of them.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:36 pm

Walked by today. This is the entrance. Yikes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.