Search

HI Shanghai Kangqiao?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
HI Expreess Shanghai Kangqiao?

Holiday Inn Express
Shanghai Kangquai - listed on the IGH website, but never has any rooms. Customer support has no idea. Does anyone know if the hotel even opened? It would be a good location for my upcoming Shanghai Disneyland stay. Looks like the HIX Tangzhen is a major bargain, and the HI Pudong Kangqiao is the closest geographically, though neither particularly convenient to metro to the park. If nobody knows, I'll try to ask once I'm in town; who knows if they'll know.

Last edited by ludocdoc; Jul 30, 2019 at 4:57 am
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
Holiday Inn Express
Shanghai Kangquai - listed on the IGH website, but never has any rooms. Customer support has no idea. Does anyone know if the hotel even opened? It would be a good location for my upcoming Shanghai Disneyland stay. Looks like the HIX Tangzhen is a major bargain, and the HI Pudong Kangqiao is the closest geographically, though neither particularly convenient to metro to the park. If nobody knows, I'll try to ask once I'm in town; who knows if they'll know.
I just checked it on Expedia, Agoda, and Ctrip...all work fine. Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you stay at one of the Disney hotels?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

I don't see the HIX Kangqiao on ay site but IHGs. Was hoping a local might know.

HI Pudong Kangqiao is open. It's the HIX Kangqiao that doesnt seem to be available on any site including IHGs. It's closer to mass transit to Disneyland. Reason> Brand loyalty, promotion points, etc. HIX Tangzhien is good for metro to airport, but really painful for metro to Disneyland. There are always cabs.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
I don't see the HIX Kangqiao on ay site but IHGs. Was hoping a local might know.

HI Pudong Kangqiao is open. It's the HIX Kangqiao that doesnt seem to be available on any site including IHGs. It's closer to mass transit to Disneyland. Reason> Brand loyalty, promotion points, etc. HIX Tangzhien is good for metro to airport, but really painful for metro to Disneyland. There are always cabs.
Ah, I see. Perhaps that hotel hasn't opened yet? The lack of a phone number and zero reviews is not encouraging.

WRT Disney hotels, I haven't been to Shanghai Disney yet, but I go to Disney World (Orlando) about once a year, and greatly appreciate the value of staying in Disney hotels.

You could always do a night or two at Disney, and spend the rest of your stay in a more central area.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Ah, I see. Perhaps that hotel hasn't opened yet? The lack of a phone number and zero reviews is not encouraging.

WRT Disney hotels, I haven't been to Shanghai Disney yet, but I go to Disney World (Orlando) about once a year, and greatly appreciate the value of staying in Disney hotels.

You could always do a night or two at Disney, and spend the rest of your stay in a more central area.
It's tempting to stay on property. However, on property toy story hotel is 140, HIX Tanzhen is 40, HI closest is 80. Will see what promos IHG is running after AUg 31 promo ends.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
The HIX Shanghai Kangqiao is a 10-minute walk from the Line 11 Kangxin Highway station, which is two stops from Shanghai Disneyland. It opened last month, but like many of the hotels in this area, there is nothing in terms of restaurants, supermarkets, convenience stores, or anything else in the readily accessible without a taxi ride. It's just in a generic business/industry/office park (somewhat similar to the HI Helsinki Vantaa Airport or the HIX Amsterdam - Schiphol).

I attempted to stay there last Thursday due to some great room rates and proximity to said Metro station, but ended up switching hotels. Let's just say they're still trying to work out the bugs of their accommodations - on the surface, the rooms are well-appointed, but I noticed the walls were quite thin (I could hear my neighbor through the wall) and then upon further inspection, I noticed some bugs crawling on the wall. To be clear: they weren't bed bugs (though I did find some on the bed sheets), but they were some sort of pest. A second room also had these (this time on the bathroom sink and again on the bed). The front desk staff were great and very helpful, refunding my money on the spot and arranging a taxi to my new hotel - the Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zone, which was similarly isolated from anything (by the time I checked in, the restaurant was closed, but I was able to get room service before they closed). The Courtyard did have a shuttle going to and from the park. I do not know if other HI/HIXes in the area have a similar shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.