FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   ANA IC Beppu Resort & Spa [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1980437-ana-ic-beppu-resort-spa-master-thread.html)

scienm Jul 27, 2019 11:21 pm

ANA IC Beppu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

This is a new IC resort in Beppu, Japan. The opening date is August 1st. Room rate is from 40000~50000 JPY for standard room.
It looks very nice and luxury enough, and has a onsen style big bathtub in balcony from club room type.
Has club lounge, hope them to serve Louis Roederer like the others, IC Osaka and IC Tokyo.
Unfortunately, suite rooms are very limited so ALL SUITES ARE EXCLUDED for Ambassador and Royal Ambassador upgrade, which is absurd.
But the club room looks decent enough, so I will give it a try.

https://anaicbeppu.com/en/
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...ky/hoteldetail

demue Jul 27, 2019 11:41 pm

In the initial announcement it was stated all rooms would have a private onsen tub, now only Club rooms and suites. Too bad.

Also was checking rates further out in 2020 (not around the Olympics timeframe) and boy, 115k JPY for a standard room is quite a number. 40-50k JPY I can see, but once you pass 70-80k JPY you can stay at most high-end Ryokan and get top notch rooms and half board and such all included. Let's see where prices settle, but to me they are pricing themselves a bit high. YMMV.

scienm Jul 29, 2019 7:48 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 31350252)
In the initial announcement it was stated all rooms would have a private onsen tub, now only Club rooms and suites. Too bad.

Every rooms have a big tub in bathroom. Since hot water is from natural hot springs, it may be right. :D:p

bigmadden Jul 31, 2019 12:52 am

Yeah, I was looking into staying here and the pricing seemed absurd for some of the nights, that kind of money can get you into some of the best ryokans with amazing service and long histories with all-inclusive VIP style service. Even the legendary Kagaya in Ishikawa can be had for less! I guess we'll see what happens and I'm sure they did their research on what the market will bear, but I'm certainly in no hurry to visit!

scienm Aug 2, 2019 9:25 am

Originally Posted by bigmadden (Post 31361706)
Yeah, I was looking into staying here and the pricing seemed absurd for some of the nights, that kind of money can get you into some of the best ryokans with amazing service and long histories with all-inclusive VIP style service. Even the legendary Kagaya in Ishikawa can be had for less! I guess we'll see what happens and I'm sure they did their research on what the market will bear, but I'm certainly in no hurry to visit!

I think club room itself is pretty nice. If their club lounge's F&B offerings are great, it has it's own competitiveness. But I agree, I don't see any reason to stay other than club or suites at 40000~50000 Yen.

Raynyan Aug 5, 2019 2:50 pm

scienm Aug 6, 2019 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 31382798)

^^
Is bathtub on terrace bigger than club room's? I booked for 1 Bed Suite and there are no pictures anywhere. :D

Raynyan Aug 6, 2019 5:54 am

Originally Posted by scienm (Post 31384693)
^^
Is bathtub on terrace bigger than club room's? I booked for 1 Bed Suite and there are no pictures anywhere. :D

Yes, bigger than club room’s. Club room’s bathtub on the terrace is for single person size. Panorama Suite’s one is for two person (or more) size. I think it is no problem for 4 kids.

Mr. LAU Aug 6, 2019 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan (Post 31382798)

No video?
Hope you will post this as I am really curious...

Raynyan Aug 6, 2019 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU (Post 31384789)
No video?
Hope you will post this as I am really curious...

Already made it. Will update later.

Mr. LAU Aug 7, 2019 2:59 am

Will be staying there for a few nights during my Japan trip in March next year and I am really looking forward to it!

Booked a Panorama One Bedroom Suite from Friday to Sunday with the weekend voucher and then a normal room with points for the following three nights.

Inquired about upgrades - was told that neither the paid nor the points nights will be upgraded - and about the upcharge for the Club Lounge during the award nights, which I was quoted with 30,000 Yen per night for one person - only for the Lounge, the room will not be upgraded to a Club Room. Seems a bit too excessive to me, so I will skip on that.

Was also thinking about renting a car in Beppu to get around the area - does anyone know if they charge for parking?

And then I saw on their homepage that they offer a (limited) shuttle service from Beppu Station (https://anaicbeppu.com/en/access/) - when inquiring a few months ago they told me that they would not offer a shuttle bus, so this is very welcome as taxis are supposed to be around 3,000 Yen one way.

demue Aug 7, 2019 8:57 am

With their limited room pool and categories, I wonder how they will handle AMB / RA upgrades? One books an "entry level" room (paid) and they'll upgrade an AMB to a Club room without Club access or nothing? RA will get Club room with Club access?

Points stay ​of course will get nothing, didn't expect anything else there.

30k JPY for 1 person for Club access and not even an upgraded room? That's ridiculous as the price gap between the two room categories usually isn't even that big. I really think they are quite a bit off on the pricing side.

Mr. LAU Aug 7, 2019 10:24 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 31389689)
30k JPY for 1 person for Club access and not even an upgraded room? That's ridiculous as the price gap between the two room categories usually isn't even that big. I really think they are quite a bit off on the pricing side.

The price difference between the reward night in a so called "Intercontinental Room" and the Club Room is 20k JPY for the nights I am staying there - and this would be for two people.
So asking for 30k for only Club access without an upgrade and for one person is just really ridiculous!

Let´s see if they can keep those extreme prices throughout the next months or if the will lower them...

Nagasaki Joe Sep 17, 2019 10:23 pm

I have a two-night stay booked here for January of next year. Although I'm an IHG Platinum member, I used Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book the reservation since IHG point bookings are not yet possible. Since we'll be staying in the middle of the week, the rate was low. We got a Premium Room (non-club, non-suite room) with 68 sq. meters (about 730 sq. ft., not sure if it includes balcony space or not) for 27,000 UR points per night. Since there are three in our party, it was a bit irritating to see that the Club rooms only permit only two occupants and the Suites (which come with Club access) permit only 3 occupants (the smaller suites permit only 2 guests), but they were more points than I wanted to pay, or could pay. The suites are quite large, so I thought it quite odd that they only allow a maximum of three guests, such a waste. It looks like a beautiful property, so I'm really looking forward to the stay, but I think the summer would be more pleasurable due to the outdoor Infinity swimming pool and balcony access, especially if you have a Club room with onsen on the balcony. From what I've read above, the in-room bathtubs do not flow hot springs water, too bad! In late July, there's a summer festival in Beppu with fireworks over the bay, so this would be an ideal place to stay to view it from a balcony onsen while drinking sake. I'll write a review after the stay.

Regarding the question above from Mr. LAU about whether the hotel offers free parking: Yes, they do. When I made my reservation, it was clearly stated that guest parking is free.

blitzen Sep 19, 2019 5:53 am

Points bookings were possible .... had a point reservation end March for 4 days but decided Beppu was too far out of the way of my other travel plans

just checked and end of August 28-29 has points availability.... they probably release just a few rooms which are snatched up quickly