Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG status match/challenge announced June 18, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:55 pm

I signed up pretty late for the match (July 24th). I am a currently a Platinum and I am matching with Marriott Titanium. The original post said only 2,500 members will be matched to Spire. Has anyone with a late submission (within the past week) been matched to Spire?

Also, for the # of nights requirement - can 3rd party bookings be used to meet the requirement or would reservations have to be made directly with IHG?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
I signed up pretty late for the match (July 24th). I am a currently a Platinum and I am matching with Marriott Titanium. The original post said only 2,500 members will be matched to Spire. Has anyone with a late submission (within the past week) been matched to Spire?

Also, for the # of nights requirement - can 3rd party bookings be used to meet the requirement or would reservations have to be made directly with IHG?
Ofcourse you have to be booking directly for the requirements.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:01 pm

Has anyone done the # of required nights - if so, can you confirm whether reward nights count?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Has anyone done the # of required nights - if so, can you confirm whether reward nights count?
Wondering the same, both for points nights and the CC free night. All I've seen is one report that the CC free night doesn't count.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I believe that you can maintain Spire Elite by spending a certain amount or base points (?) instead of the 10 nights.

Does anyone know this figure(s).
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I believe that you can maintain Spire Elite by spending a certain amount or base points (?) instead of the 10 nights.

Does anyone know this figure(s).
I'd be interesting in knowing this too.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I did the 5 nights. Without reward one tho. But no confirmation of any kind aswell that i finished the 'challenge' or any way to check that they extended the membership dates either. E-mailed them over a week ago but not even a response from their CS.... Bad first impression for sure...
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:48 pm

I'm a newbie to IHG. Sounds from this thread like Sphire Elite status is no big deal - no lounge access or free breakfast. Is that right? What about room upgrades - are they limited to regular rooms, excluding executive club floor rooms (if IHG has those) or entry-level/junior suites?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itisme
I did the 5 nights. Without reward one tho. But no confirmation of any kind aswell that i finished the 'challenge' or any way to check that they extended the membership dates either. E-mailed them over a week ago but not even a response from their CS.... Bad first impression for sure...
This is confusing, for sure, but if you stayed the required nights, IHG will honor it, without question. The IHG program year ends 12/31, so status presumably will update then, if not earlier.

Not sure if Spire get priority handling, but my emails to IHG have been answered very quickly since I did the status match. Sounds like yours fell through the cracks somehow, or the reply ended up in your junk folder.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I'm a newbie to IHG. Sounds from this thread like Sphire Elite status is no big deal - no lounge access or free breakfast. Is that right? What about room upgrades - are they limited to regular rooms, excluding executive club floor rooms (if IHG has those) or entry-level/junior suites?
I've been upgraded to the best room in the hotel several times so far, but YMMV. Per reports here, IHG upgrades can be very property-dependent.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
In terms of guaranteed benefits, Spire status gets you bonus points. Nothing more. Sometimes you will get a room upgrade or early check-in / late check-out.

If you are accustomed to the guaranteed benefits from the other chains, IHG Spire is a waste of your time. If you can't maintain status anywhere else, you might as well take the Spire and play the lottery with each IHG stay...
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Spire Ambassador status matched and extended until 12/2020

I've been Spire Amb ever since the tier was introduced and have received some wonderful upgrades and lounge access at multiple locations, but as people have mentioned it's never guaranteed... not even at IC's anymore. But I did decide to register my partner on his business address for the status match challenges so we can have the Spire benefits for two rooms per night at the same property, and a challenge it has been!

I can't even begin to count how many e-mails and phonecalls it took me to get the job done, some agents told me reward nights were qualifying, others even skipped revenue nights in their manual count, but in the end after 14 Elite Qualifying nights someone was kind enough to extend Spire Elite status until 12/2020... and then you get the survey asking "do you find it easy to work with IHG?", HELL NO ! But in the end we're happy with it, and his Spire status has already paid off at a couple of CP's and Indigo's.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 3:09 pm

Has anybody done the required # of nights and see their Spire expiration date get extended?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I hate to sound obtuse, but where would I find the expiration date of my Spire status?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Has anybody done the required # of nights and see their Spire expiration date get extended?
Not yet.

Suspect I will need to message them.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

You shouldn’t need to message them unless you notice you’re not Spire anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.