Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza New York Times Square

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Crowne Plaza New York Times Square

Stay Report - 5/31 - 6/2

Location: Seemingly every hotel between 33rd and 51st, 10th Avenue to 6th Avenue claims to be "Times Square" so that's a meaningless term. Specifically, this hotel is located on Broadway between 48th and 49th (the hotel takes up the whole block and has entrances on both 48th and 49th). 48th Street has an entrance to the 49th Street N/R/W Station, 49th has an entrance to the 50th Street 1 Station and a block away on 8th Avenue is the 50th Street C/E Station. There are a number of theaters nearby and plenty of restaurants and the like. LGA is about a $40 Uber away in no traffic

Hotel: The hotel itself is a massive high rise. I was happy to find they have separated the elevator banks into serving the lower half and upper half of floors which means shorter waits than at other high rises. The lobby is one floor up from the entrance and has a large restaurant which does a buffet breakfast, a coffee shop and a bar as well as a lot of meeting space another floor up.

Check In: As a Spire Elite I was given a coupon for the buffet breakfast for just $16 instead of $40.

Room: Much, much larger than many Manhattan rooms I've stayed in. While it was nothing all that special, having the space for me and my travel companion was really nice. The bathroom was also big enough and the shower got really, REALLY hot if you wanted it to. Wifi worked well as well.

I was just here for a Points and Cash Accelerate rate but I found myself pleasantly surprised. I'd be happy to return.
markko likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Check In: As a Spire Elite I was given a coupon for the buffet breakfast for just $16 instead of $40.
Was $10 up until last year at least. In fact on a couple of occasions I've found a voucher for free breakfast as Spire although not sure why.

You didn't mention any other benefits. No upgrade? Bar vouchers?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clubman
You didn't mention any other benefits. No upgrade? Bar vouchers?
I didn't mention any other benefits because there weren't any I took points for my welcome amenity and I've learned when you're staying with someone where you guys need two beds you don't get much in the way of upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.