DCC ANA Crowne Plaza Chitose

Old Jun 1, 19, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Plat
DCC ANA Crowne Plaza Chitose

My first time staying with IHG in over 10 years. Is it common for IHG hotels within Japan to DCC? I've never seen any Marriott, SPG, or Hilton properties (within Japan) DCC me in decades.

It was on there signature pad at check out. Down at the bottom it shows a 5% conversion fee. I looked at the front desk agent and he looked very helpless cause he knew what I was going off about.
Old Jun 2, 19, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
I stayed in three different IHG hotels in japan recently and none of them tried to do DCC, all the bills were in Yen...
Old Jun 2, 19, 5:24 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

DCC is an issue everywhere. It transcends countries and hotel chains. I just recently had a stay at Sheraton Tokyo and was presented with the option of USD versus JPY. I specifically chose JPY, but the receipt said USD. I pointed it out to the FD agent, and she said I would be charged in JPY. Of course I wasn’t. Emailed them to complain, and of course they can’t change it afterwards, so I was given goodwill points. The whole thing is a ridiculous scam, and I wish there was a way to set up your credit cards to disallow it.
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:17 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Use an Amex, apparently they don't do DCC. YMMV.
:D! likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: