Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador benefits for reward stay at IC Bora Bora and Moorea

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Ambassador benefits for reward stay at IC Bora Bora and Moorea

Dear friends,

I am staying 2 nights on points and 2 on chase certs at IC Bora Bora and Moorea next month. I am considering buying AMB with $200 in order to get guaranteed upgrade. But after reading through the threads here, someone reported getting email from Thalasso saying they cannot upgrade them since it was point stay, while others posted they did get upgraded, but not sure if it is because they are AMB.

I know based on T.C. AMB benefits will only be applied for paid stays, and it seems ICs at FP know that, so I am suspicious if one can really get guaranteed upgrade, late checkout, credits, etc.

Do you think it worth the $200, given I am Plat already? Thanks for your feedback!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:21 am

It is not because you don’t like the answer to your question that you should just make a new topic about it.

This has been extensively discussed and documented in each of the hotel threads (and beyond).

As you already know, benefits on points booking are not guaranteed. You may still receive them though, at the discretion of the hotel.

Not worth 200 USD.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 336
It is not because you don’t like the answer to your question that you should just make a new topic about it.

This has been extensively discussed and documented in each of the hotel threads (and beyond).

As you already know, benefits on points booking are not guaranteed. You may still receive them though, at the discretion of the hotel.

Not worth 200 USD.

Most Ambassador benefits are guaranteed even on points stays, however, room upgrades are not included:

33. When staying on an IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night / Free Night the following benefits apply:

a. InterContinental Ambassador members:

i. Restaurant and Bar credits

ii. Guaranteed 4 p.m. late check-out

iii. Complimentary premium Internet access

iv. Complimentary mineral water daily

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...nefitexception

@hermitw, I wouldn't pay $200 for Ambassador status just for these benefits. You won't get value for money, unless you are planning stays at other IC hotels during the rest of the membership year.

Last edited by Crofton138; Apr 22, 2019 at 11:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.