Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on "Free Nights. Faster." Promo for 1Q 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Question on "Free Nights. Faster." Promo for 1Q 2019

one of my offers is for 8000 points and to "Stay at Holiday Inn". "Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotel(s) - including Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations - and earn 8000 bonus points".

Does this also include Holiday Inn Express?

Would two different stays at the same hotel satisfy this offer?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This has been covered dozens of times over the life of Accelerate and similar.

Holiday Inn Express is a different brand and doesn't qualify. It also needs to be two different hotels.
:D! likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Holiday Inn Express is a different brand and doesn't qualify. It also needs to be two different hotels.
OK cool thanks for linking to those threads.

Or just leave out the first sentence next time 👍
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrredskin
OK cool thanks for linking to those threads.

Or just leave out the first sentence next time ��
Or use the search function occasionally...

If not, at least ask the question in the thread for the promotion.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

so Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Express are 3 different brands?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Originally Posted by lingua101
so Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Express are 3 different brands?
Holiday Inn Resort is Holiday Inn (generally distinguishable by not including breakfast by default, I think) whilst Holiday Inn Express is a separate brand, thus just 2 brands.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by watery
Holiday Inn Resort is Holiday Inn (generally distinguishable by not including breakfast by default, I think) whilst Holiday Inn Express is a separate brand, thus just 2 brands.
IC. So Hioliday Inn and Holiday Inn Resort are one brand. Holiday Inn express is another brand.

But the strange thing, Holiday Inn color is green. Holiday Inn Resort color is "lighter" purple which is almost similar to Holiday Inn Express dark blue color....

Why they make it very confusing.....
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:19 am

another question. If i stay at holiday inn suites and holiday inn,will this cover this condition of stay at 2 holiday inn(s)?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101
IC. So Hioliday Inn and Holiday Inn Resort are one brand. Holiday Inn express is another brand.

But the strange thing, Holiday Inn color is green. Holiday Inn Resort color is "lighter" purple which is almost similar to Holiday Inn Express dark blue color....

Why they make it very confusing.....
THey don't make it confusing. The target in the promo specifies quite clearly Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Resort.

THe problem is that people want to assume that HI Express is also the same thing, which it isn't...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:31 am

THey don't make it confusing. The target in the promo specifies quite clearly Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Resort.

THe problem is that people want to assume that HI Express is also the same thing, which it isn't...
I think you misunderstood my post. What I meant is why they make holiday inn resort Color is very close to holiday inn express and yet hi and hi resort are one brand and yet his is seperate brand. Why can’t they make him resort Color some kind of green or even same green as hi, why it has to be different Color when it is indeed samebrand
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by afab
another question. If i stay at holiday inn suites and holiday inn,will this cover this condition of stay at 2 holiday inn(s)?
There are only two brands (for purposes of such promos):

1 Holiday Inn Express (aka Express by Holiday Inn in some markets)
2. all other variations of Holiday Inn that don't have the word Express in them

I wish they would rename Holiday Inn Express to Express by Holiday Inn worldwide, it would think that would greatly reduce this confusion. Imagine the confusion if Hampton by Hilton was instead called Hilton Hampton. Imagine the confusion if Courtyard by Marriott was instead called Marriott Courtyard. Why has IHG "fixed" this in some markets but not all?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
they are totally different for me.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by olegator
they are totally different for me.
this is how it will show up when you search a hotel in the web site and I believe in apps also. I cannot think a city that has 3 brands at the same times.

for sure Holiday Inn Resort is closer to Holiday Inn Express rather than Holiday Inn. My point is if Holiday Inn Resort is the same brand as Holiday Inn, why they do not show it as green. The fact that Holiday Inn Resort is light purple and Holiday Inn is light green, create impression that they are 2 different brands just like HI and HIX.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
To which IHG brand does the Met Hotel Leeds belong, if any?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.